Bistro on Five now $10 ?

ghstudio

While Celebrity continues to raise prices faster than we can keep up with them, NCL has gone in a different direction by announcing their popular Asian restauant will now be free on most of their ships. While I have not cruised NCL since 1980 I think they are doing some good things. And, X seems to be de-emphasizing the average cruiser who can take maybe one cruise per year in favor of suite passengers.

I had hoped to try Bistro on 5 one day for lunch. I am not a big lunch eater so for that,even though the menu has expanded, I do think it is overpriced. I can see $10 for dinner but not for lunch.

Laura

Why would someone pay $45 or $50 in Tuscan or Murano if steaks and lamb chops were only $10 in Bistro? Oh yes, you get the other items (app, soup, salad and desert.) If we can afford an extra $3 you just paid an extra $5 from the most recent increase from $5 to $10. That is what X is counting on. It won't bankrupt us. But, where does it stop? Will it go up again in 3 months another $X?

We can definitely afford it. We could pay $50 instead of $10, but some of us watch our $$$ a little closer than others.;)

The price must have JUST increased. I was on the 3/27 - 4/6 Caribbean cruise on the Equinox, and I believe it was still $7.00 pp.

Best panini ever :)

We were on the Reflection the same week and the price was $7.

It's funny, when Bistro on Five first opened, we tried breakfast (Silhouette?) when the price was $5. We were not impressed and never went back during subsequent cruises.

On my Reflection cruise with family memebers, we decided to try Bistro, again, but this time for lunch. I had a steak salad (which I do not see listed on this latest menu :() and the Hot & Spicy crepe'. My tablemates also had a variety of salads and crepes. We all thought the food and service was excellent! :) With food, dessert, and our drink packages (where we ordered beer, wine and drinks) we all agreed that Bistro was well worth the $7 per passenger. We had a fabulous time in Bistro and were one of only two tables occupied in the 1.5 - 2 hours we dined there. We were stuffed!

I was looking forward to dining there again this Fall and taking my husband (who was also not previously smitten with the Bistro breakfast experience.) We will probably go on embarkation and pay the $10 because I want to try it again.;)

• 1 month later...
[quote name='mpace58']DW and I may have to rethink our embarkation day routine. Usually we go to Bistro for a quite lunch. $5 was a great price, $7 was pushing it a bit. Not sure if will go back at $10. :mad:

I'm going to be the nay sayer and vote against the sushi. To me the one thing I can never find on board is anything Mexican, and no I don't count that silly
"taco bar" they have once a cruise. I would love to see a nice Mexican Cantina.[/QUOTE]

This one has my vote for sure! LOVE Mexican food, and it doesn't tend to be too expensive to prepare :) Give me some good old nachos, guac and Pico de gallo :)

[quote name='gsb']We can definitely afford it. We could pay $50 instead of $10, but some of us watch our $$$ a little closer than others.;)[/QUOTE]

We think the same. Some go on holiday and spend everything they take and saved up for over a year. Different strokes for different folks.

It's worth the $10 to escape the madhouse in the Oceanview Café! After airports, shuttles and waiting around in the terminal we look forward to the quiet of Bistro on 5. We've been doing it for years and will continue to keep the tradition. When you consider the cost of the cruise, flights and extras it is peanuts.

[quote name='ondeckatsea']It's worth the $10 to escape the madhouse in the Oceanview Café! After airports, shuttles and waiting around in the terminal we look forward to the quiet of Bistro on 5. We've been doing it for years and will continue to keep the tradition. When you consider the cost of the cruise, flights and extras it is peanuts.[/QUOTE]

Again....my feelings exactly!!

[QUOTE=Cruisen'Susan;46634874]Again....my feelings exactly!![/QUOTE]

Yep yep yep! I'd probably pay more to avoid the throngs at the oceanview cafe. I have an aversion to buffet style restaurants on land or sea. So my thought is I can pay for lunch prior to boarding, or I can spend a relatively small amount on a nice lunch on the ship.

We did enjoy the previous Bistro on 5 menu, and are looking forward to trying the new menu.