Princess is now our favourite Curise Line!

busymumofthree

We are just back from the Regal Princess Eastern Caribbean trip (dep 29th March) and I thought Id just say what a great time we had.

We are a British family of 5 (but the kids are 24, 22 and 19!) and this was our 4th cruise - our second in the Caribbean. Previously we've done 2 cruises with RCCL and 1 with P&O - all of which we've loved.

But there was something about the Regal, or maybe the Princess line, that just clicked for us - we loved the ship - not too big but big enough to have loads going on. We've previously been on the Liberty of the Seas which I think is slightly bigger but felt much bigger.

And Princess just seemed to get their approach right for us. We like American service standards and we like organised activities and we like the kind of polite attitude we found on P&O - and this trip seemed to combine all of those good features.

I'd read on here that some don't think the entertainment is as good as RCCL and others don't really rate the food, but on both of those counts we were very happy. In particular, my husband always finds the buffet arrangements a bit daunting (think Windjammer) and never serves himself (I tend to go and get his lunch for him) but he managed Horizon with no qualms - no pushing or crowding which he really hates.

Its true the balconies are very narrow but as we were paired with the kids next door we had plenty of space.

If I were to change one thing it would be to have them keep the bars on Princess Cay open for longer - with the ship sailing at 4.30 we couldn't understand why everywhere - and I mean everywhere - had to pack up at 2. I guess I just cant work out the logistics of the set up and the 'put away'.

So I think the Regal is heading over this way for the summer season so I may need to just start looking for the next trip - normally my husband says 'I wont be going on a cruise again for quite a while' (not that I take much notice!) but this time he immediately said 'well I'd happily go with Princess again'. So time to get looking!

We are just back from the Regal

If I were to change one thing it would be to have them keep the bars on Princess Cay open for longer - with the ship sailing at 4.30 we couldn't understand why everywhere - and I mean everywhere - had to pack up at 2. I guess I just cant work out the logistics of the set up and the 'put away'.

It's because all liquor, drinks & food have to come over from the ship on a tender. I'm sure that's a complete pain. Plus, since most of the bartenders on Princess Cays also work on the ship's bars, they need to be back, showered & changed for the evening shift by 5-ish. My guess is they've just figured out that getting crew back on by @ 3 p.m. is best.

But I agree that maybe one bar could stay open until at least 3 p.m. When we took the tender back to the ship @ 2, there were already a couple of crew members with coolers on our tender.

Glad you have a good time. We loved the Regal!

So glad that you have confirmed our thoughts and enjoyed Princess! Although we are new to cruising, with only 4 cruises all on Princess. We love it!

We only have 5 cruises so far and, like you, they are all on Princess. I was prepared to despise cruising and everything about it but, after one Princess cruise, I completely changed my mind. I'm so very glad that we started with Princess as it seems to suit us perfectly.

I'm also very happy that the OP has apparently had the same sort of experience with Princess. We have never (yet) sailed on Regal but will likely do so one of these days.

Edited by Thrak

We have cruised on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Norwegian. Each one had somethings we loved. Celebrity had the best service and the ship , the Equinox was the most beautiful. Royal Caribbean had the best entertainment. Princess had the best itinerary. Norwegian had fun activities. We are not picky and thought each had good food, though I thought the food on Norwegian was ordinary in presentation and in selection.