Room Question

SAC112750

Cabins are priced based on DOUBLE occupancy...so a single pays the rate for the first 2 people, whether there are 1 or 2...

Yes...most ships have connecting cabins. Look at the deck plans for whatever ship you're sailing...the connecting cabins are usually indicated by arrows, showing which room connects to which room!

Edited by cb at sea

• 2 weeks later...
Depends on the ship

Ncl breakaway, getaway, epic all have single studios and you don't pay the price of more than one passenger

It was cheaper for 3 of us yo have one each than 3 share a balcony cabin

I noticed that NCL Pride of America has added solo cabins. This ship does the Hawaiian itinerary.

The only cruise line at this time that offers studio staterooms is NCL Epic and I believe Breakaway. I have been on the Epic and two members of my group book as such. The room was surprisingly spacious. What a great idea. More cruise lines should offer this alternative. Why spend double if you are traveling alone? Poor business practice. Happy travels!

The only cruise line at this time that offers studio staterooms is NCL Epic and I believe Breakaway. I have been on the Epic and two members of my group book as such. The room was surprisingly spacious. What a great idea. More cruise lines should offer this alternative. Why spend double if you are traveling alone? Poor business practice. Happy travels!

Royal Caribbean's next Oasis Class Ship "Harmony" will have studio cabins with a double bed [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] she sets sail end of 2016 for Eastern/Western Caribbean itineraries.

Christine

Always planning for my next cruise...

Holland America's new ship coming out in 2016, the Koningsdam, will have singles cabins and also family cabins that will accommodate 5. It looks like the cruise lines are starting to realize that there is a market for non-traditional accommodations.

• 2 weeks later...

NCL is NOT the only cruise line that offers solo cabins. Following cruise lines/ships also have solo cabins.

• RCCL - Quantum, Anthem, Harmony, Radiance, Serenade and Brilliance
  • P&O - Azura, Britannia and Ventura
  • HAL - Koningsdam will have solo cabins when launched in 2016

TO OP -Always compare the cost of booking a standard cabin w/single supplement vs. booking a solo/studio cabin. I have found with RCCL that it's been cheaper to actually book a standard cabin w/single supplement that booking a solo/studio cabin.

Edited by xxoocruiser