Travel agent

silver service

Booked two cruises today. One p&o the other cunard. I am just wondering

Why I return to the same agent year after year. No discount other

Than the five per cent from the cruise company. They demand deposit payment today. Used to let me go in the following day to pay it.

They want the balance paid to them four weeks before the cruise

Company requiring it. Should I deal direct with carnival house in the

Future?? I am seriously considering it.

Let me have your thoughts. Regards, Mike.

I dunno Mike.. I have always booked direct. I had a good look round this time as so many people said they had so much better deals elsewhere, but I found nothing to better Carnival House at all. I was offered no extra discount and my specific questions were not really answered very well at all. So I am staying put.

Personally

I would ring direct, see what quote they would give you.

Then I would ring around some TA's to see if I could get a better deal.

One of the downsides of booking with a TA is they will always want the balance sooner.

Only worth sticking with the same TA year in year out, if they either offer amazing customer service, or always secure you a brilliant deal. Otherwise see what else is out there.

I wish, silver service, but I haven't been on the Queen Victoria! Sadly.

My experience - albeit limited compared to a lot of folks on here - is all with P&O, but we are having a 2 night treat on Queen Elizabeth in August.

Perhaps we have 'spoken' on a forum?

Edited by Scriv

We got extra discount (or free wifi) from a TA on top of P&O's 15% early booking discount (5% plus 5% peninsular club and Captain's Choice discounts.)

Edited by Host Sharon

We got extra discount (or free wifi) from a TA on top of P&O's 15% early booking discount plus 5% peninsular club and Captain's Choice discounts.

What is this discount? Is it incorporated in the price in the new brochure or is it separately advertised please? Thanks

Sorry - my post was confusing - 5% early booking plus 5% as it was a Pensinsular Club Cruise plus 5% as it was a Captain's choice cruise plus extra 5% from my TA = £1295 for a 19 night cruise in middle grade inside cabin.

Sharon, best bit for us was our single friend's price! Normally she would be paying £150 a night or thereabouts for a twin for single use. this has worked out at £110. She's over the moon. And well, ours is so good, it's cheaper than being at home!!

Sharon, best bit for us was our single friend's price! Normally she would be paying £150 a night or thereabouts for a twin for single use. this has worked out at £110. She's over the moon. And well, ours is so good, it's cheaper than being at home!!

Indeed- I have a solo friend travelling on this cruise as well.