Carnival Journeys???

jamona2311

3/13/16-3/27/16. It's not showing up anymore. It was just for interior cabins which I HATE, but for that price I'd sleep on the deck and do the ship's laundry! I just happened to be at the "right place at the right time" and snatched it up. Last night there were 10 cabins available, this morning 2, and now there are NONE for that price. :(

Dagnabit! I would have booked that one!!!

3/13/16-3/27/16. It's not showing up anymore. It was just for interior cabins which I HATE, but for that price I'd sleep on the deck and do the ship's laundry! I just happened to be at the "right place at the right time" and snatched it up. Last night there were 10 cabins available, this morning 2, and now there are NONE for that price. :(

Price now for an inside on this cruise is almost $1250 pp. Huge difference!!!!

We are booked on the 14 day Glory Journeys cruise that leaves on Halloween in 25 days!!:D.....I plan on writing a review for the cruise. Dont really know what to anticipate for the Journeys part of it....great new ports for us. I read they have 80's style pool parties.....some drinks included.....midnight buffets, special shows and special dining..food from the locals, chefs from the islands jump on board for a few days and cook.....it should be interesting. We have read we will have 3 formal nights for the 14 day cruise.

We start in Miami and end up in Miami....easy port to sail out of...Hey, I never met a cruise I didnt like!!!! Also, big bonus for us.....we turn PLATTY on this cruise....JACKPOT BABY!!!!:)

Edited by 1gr8cruise

Since they are a new concept, I think they need to see how things go. There is a huge amount of thought putting them together from port arrangements, cancelling regular cruises, rebooking cruises and many things we don't even know about. I hope to be on one, as I remember things like the Grand Buffets and full dress up nights with the Captain. People have changed the flavor with some aspects. Personally I dislike hearing the "it's my vacation" and shorts or dungarees are okay in the DR.

It's everybody's vacation but shorts and jeans, um I mean dungarees are still OK for the MDR except elegant nights.

Bill

We are booked on the 14 day Glory Journeys cruise that leaves on Halloween in 25 days!!:D.....I plan on writing a review for the cruise. Dont really know what to anticipate for the Journeys part of it....great new ports for us. I read they have 80's style pool parties.....some drinks included.....midnight buffets, special shows and special dining..food from the locals, chefs from the islands jump on board for a few days and cook.....it should be interesting. We have read we will have 3 formal nights for the 14 day cruise.

We start in Miami and end up in Miami....easy port to sail out of...Hey, I never met a cruise I didnt like!!!! Also, big bonus for us.....we turn PLATTY on this cruise....JACKPOT BABY!!!!:)

I can't wait to read your review!!! Will be looking for it!!

We have a scrapbook from a cruise that my inlaws took back in 1979 on the Festivale. I will have to pull that out again and look at it. It is really neat to look at. I have the Welcome aboard brochure and it is hilarious. Parking at the port of Miami was only $2 a day.:eek::eek:

She has pictures of a "Carnival Party" where you brought costumes and dressed up. One of the pool games was a Beer Bong Drinking Contest...they won LOL. I will have to go through the scrapbook again and see what all there was.

I remember when we first cruised on the old Celebrity Horizon we had those streamers to throw. I still have a few packs! :p They used to have Caribbean nights too which was fun. But I wish they would TELL you if they are going to have theme nights/parties so that I could pack something fun to wear!

We are booked for the Sunshine Journey Cruise leaving 11/28 out of PC. My wife was one of the fortunate who got the "special" deal for an inside cabin at $75 pp with $150 OBC, so essentially, a free cruise. I was skeptical when we got the letter from Carnival, but it was "signed" by John Heald and sure enough, it was true. An 11 day cruise for a total cost of $489.00 once you figure in the port fees and taxes. Then we have $150 OBC plus another $150 OBC I got from points on my Carnival credit card.

We chose this cruise because we were planning on being in the Port Canaveral area during that time anyway (we are looking at places to retire). So we are driving to the area, then get on the ship and fly back to Orlando from San Juan. Flight cost on Southwest, $150 pp.

Okay, enough gloating...:D:eek: I do hope that Carnival will continue these "Journeys" as I believe they will be quite popular. But will they be profitable? That will ultimately be the deciding factor.

Pete

^^^ WOW, that is an awesome deal! Congrats! I got the P and P offer on CCL website. We "only" have $100 OBC. We are up at our summer camp and have not gotten the mail in a few weeks. I am wondering if the P and P offer with $150 OBC is sitting in our mailbox. :confused: If it IS, does anyone know if CCL would give us the additional $50 OBC? If not, I'll just be happy with what I have! :p

The Pride has a 14 Day Southern Caribbean cruise scheduled for 2/26/17.

That's the one we're hoping to book while on our January 2016 cruise. We'd receive $200 OBC for booking a 14-day cruise while onboard.

I'd also receive a $250 stockholder OBC for a 14-day cruise. Not too shabby.

My question: besides the longer cruise and interesting ports of call, is there something ELSE they do different on Journey's cruises? Does anyone know how many formal nights there are?

The official, PR-influenced answer on what's different is here: http://www.carnival.com/journeys.aspx?icid=CC_t2_hm_carnivaljourneys_0915_3465 (be sure to click on all the plus signs). What they're actually going to do in practice is subject to change and will vary from ship to ship. Brand Ambassador John Heald mentioned a wrinkle with one of the "Crew Connections" forums. You can read about it on his page at https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald , if you can find it (it's currently several posts down the page).

I would expect two elegant nights on each Journeys cruise. The one with the Captain's cocktail party promises to be more formal than we're used to on such days.

The official, PR-influenced answer on what's different is here: http://www.carnival.com/journeys.aspx?icid=CC_t2_hm_carnivaljourneys_0915_3465 (be sure to click on all the plus signs). What they're actually going to do in practice is subject to change and will vary from ship to ship. Brand Ambassador John Heald mentioned a wrinkle with one of the "Crew Connections" forums. You can read about it on his page at https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald , if you can find it (it's currently several posts down the page).

I would expect two elegant nights on each Journeys cruise. The one with the Captain's cocktail party promises to be more formal than we're used to on such days.

^^ Thank you.

We are booked on the Dream Journey cruise out of San Juan on January 14, 2016. Got a cove balcony which has dropped $200 per person since we booked. We have also booked the Feb. 2017 Pride Journey cruise out of Tampa, ending in Baltimore. Got a great price $1200 for a "bowling alley" balcony. I hate that I have to wait a year between cruises but it is the only way I can afford it. :)

According to John Heald on FB there will be 3 elegant nights on our 14 day Glory cruise - the 2 regularly held, and an additional "throw-back" elegant evening with the Captain's cocktail party (drinks included!) held on the "throw-back 80's" sea day.

Hi All,

The $75.00 pp for an inside cabin deal was a VIFP past guest offer. I received the offer in the mail and it also came with $150 on board credit.

We booked the Triumph 11 night cruise out of Galveston ending in San Juan P.R. on October 24th, 2015. If we went with the inside cabin, it would have totaled around $450 w/port charges and fees. We upgraded to a balcony cabin ended spending right around $1100 total.

Pretty sweet deal..... so if you are looking at the Journeys cruises, make sure you are logged in with your VIFP number!

Cheers.....

Gusman

Hi All,

The $75.00 pp for an inside cabin deal was a VIFP past guest offer. I received the offer in the mail and it also came with $150 on board credit.

We booked the Triumph 11 night cruise out of Galveston ending in San Juan P.R. on October 24th, 2015. If we went with the inside cabin, it would have totaled around $450 w/port charges and fees. We upgraded to a balcony cabin ended spending right around $1100 total.

Pretty sweet deal..... so if you are looking at the Journeys cruises, make sure you are logged in with your VIFP number!

Cheers.....

Gusman

We were logged in with all 3 of our accounts but they all said no offers available at this time. We did get a phone call from our assigned pvp though when we logged in

Bill

I just booked the 10 day out of San Juan on the Pride 1/28/16-2/7/16. I had received a free interior cabin offer on my last cruise and to my surprise, my pvp asked if I wanted to go on this one! We only paid taxes $124.87 pp! I am so excited!!!

I just booked the 10 day out of San Juan on the Pride 1/28/16-2/7/16. I had received a free interior cabin offer on my last cruise and to my surprise, my pvp asked if I wanted to go on this one! We only paid taxes $124.87 pp! I am so excited!!!

After reading all of the free cruises it really ticks me off that we paid over $3000 for our 2 cruises. Was thinking about booking the Pride in 2017 but I really doubt it now. Why pay full price for a cruise on Carnival when there are so many getting them for free. I think I will take my business elsewhere then maybe I will get one.

Just venting.