We Have Now Reached Diamond!!

Congrats.

We are currently on 37 points but will be cruising for 39 days on the Quantum repo from Barcelona to Shanghai. That would have still required another cruise to get us over the line.

When we saw a reasonable deal on a W suite gty on the first 16 day leg we jumped at it. The double points and then the 14 for the second leg will now get us to diamond before our final leg into Shanghai.

We try and limit our budget so we can cruise more often and the drinks, coffee in the DL, balc discount and free internet will now add to our on board experience while saving a little cash .

Reciprocal on Celebrity is a bonus as both cruise out of Australia and are our preferred cruise lines.

Can't help but be a little excited. We're not drinkers, so the drinks aren't important to us but are going to like the balcony discount and other little perks.

Had bad, bad weather last night, many have trees down and hail damage. We've been without electricity for about 13 hours and power company has no idea when we'll get it. Thank good for generators!!!! Seeing our little emblem change from Emerald to Diamond helps a little.

Just wanted to show a little excitement around those that would understand. :D

Hi packedandalready,

Can you please tell me what the balcony discount is, I have diamond status,very excited too . Just booked a balcony, no discount. .??

Thanks Deb

Hi packedandalready,

Can you please tell me what the balcony discount is, I have diamond status,very excited too . Just booked a balcony, no discount. .??

Thanks Deb

We just booked our first cruise as Diamond and received a $372Aus discount on our balcony. I think the US rate is $325

Hi packedandalready,

Thanks Deb

Hi Deb, it does vary per country so can't say exactly what the discount is. I do know that when I booked my Liberty cruise on-line it didn't adjust the price for my D status so had to call and have it adjusted. If you didn't receive the adjust -- call C&A and have them apply it.

Hi packedandalready,

Thanks Deb

Sorry, I don't know about the Australian benefits. Did they have your crown and anchor number and level when you booked? I'd call and ask. For US residents it's $125 for Emerald and $250 (I think) for Diamond for 7 night cruises.

I can completely understand your excitement. My daughters, Grandson (21 years old now) and I are all Diamond and have NEVER been able to go to the Diamond lounge because we've always had someone with us that was new to cruising. We didn't want to just leave them. My daughters and I are going in June and are so excited about actually being able to enjoy the coffee and drinks in the DL. My Grandson will have a friend with him, new to cruising, but I have a feeling he will make a quick trip to the DL to enjoy a beer or two. Having the free drinks loaded onto our SeaPass cards will work out great. We love the balcony discount and we love getting even a small discount on the wash 'n fold. We use that on every cruise. We pick out our one photo and it's usually one they take at a port. We have so many photos (from excessive photo purchases on our first few cruises) that just choosing one is not a problem for us. We've used the wine discount and we love getting the little C&A treat and the little basket (that gets the complaints). We take the little snacks with us on the plane. Any little perk is appreciated.

I can completely understand your excitement. My daughters, Grandson (21 years old now) and I are all Diamond and have NEVER been able to go to the Diamond lounge because we've always had someone with us that was new to cruising. We didn't want to just leave them. My daughters and I are going in June and are so excited about actually being able to enjoy the coffee and drinks in the DL. My Grandson will have a friend with him, new to cruising, but I have a feeling he will make a quick trip to the DL to enjoy a beer or two. Having the free drinks loaded onto our SeaPass cards will work out great. We love the balcony discount and we love getting even a small discount on the wash 'n fold. We use that on every cruise. We pick out our one photo and it's usually one they take at a port. We have so many photos (from excessive photo purchases on our first few cruises) that just choosing one is not a problem for us. We've used the wine discount and we love getting the little C&A treat and the little basket (that gets the complaints). We take the little snacks with us on the plane. Any little perk is appreciated.

I can't say when we reached Diamond we were overly excited....we were more excited that the 'enjoyment of cruising had not waned at all'. I do love your comment about the little basket of treats, that gets so many complaints.

We take advantage of the perks we get as Diamond and the balcony discount leads the way, followed by the DL -- which until our most recent cruise on Indy, I did not take advantage of much for the coffee bar that is available 24/7 and as a quiet place to read.

And hopefully we will keep that feeling of excitement we had when we took our first cruise as we sail our way to Diamond +. It isn't the perks that keep us coming back -- it is the excitement and fun we have doing it.

Congrats on making Diamond, good for you! :)

I'll be Diamond after the first leg of my Med B2B and was a little disappointed to find out I won't be Diamond for my Transatlantic. The C & A said it doesn't go into effect that fast! :(

No worries though, I'll be Diamond for the next one. However, doing long cruises I won't be on RCI next year, probably 2017. I'm alternating between RCI and Princess.

Edited by susancruzs

Congrats on making Diamond, good for you! :)

I'll be Diamond after the first leg of my Med B2B and was a little disappointed to find out I won't be Diamond for my Transatlantic. The C & A said it doesn't go into effect that fast! :(

No worries though, I'll be Diamond for the next one. However, doing long cruises I won't be on RCI next year, probably 2017. I'm alternating between RCI and Princess.

I have heard on CC that, if you meet with the Loyalty Ambassador on board when you turn Diamond, he/she can change your sea pass to reflect your new Diamond status for the 2nd leg of your B2B!:cool: Always a good idea to ask!;) Good Luck! We will turn Diamond in the middle of our October cruise this fall and plan to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador about applying the balcony discounts to our upcoming cruises and possibly even allowing us to visit the DL for the last 4 days of the October cruise!:rolleyes:

I reached diamond but have yet to use it! Sailing with 4 in a room you have to really look for deals as sometimes the 3/4 is almost the same as the first two. We did do a celebrity and it was nice getting the perks there. The laundry with kids was a bonus, wish RCCl did free laundry.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the tip about the Loyalty Ambassador onboard, I will try it. Sailing single, it will be mid-way first cruise where I reach Diamond.

The LA won't change it mid cruise, but see her/him at the start of the second cruise. She/he will manually update the system & put a Diamond sticker on your card. You'll also get all the info needed to enjoy the onboard perks - Diamond Lounge/event, 3 happy hour drinks, separate breakfast area etc..

We just did this in March on Jewel.

It did take a week or two after the cruises for the change to show up on my RC profile. Celebrity also updated us to Elite - faster than RC!

So on your first visit to the Diamond Lounge they will show you the secret handshake, ask you to sing the Diamond Anthem, and then throw you in the Solarium Pool. At least that's what happened to me![emoji12] just thought you should be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So on your first visit to the Diamond Lounge they will show you the secret handshake, ask you to sing the Diamond Anthem, and then throw you in the Solarium Pool. At least that's what happened to me![emoji12] just thought you should be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warning... :D