Ryndam rescue

Tyler919

Wonder why the Captain ask for no photos?

It's a rescue effort, not a photo opportunity. If I were being removed from the ship via helicopter for an injury or illness, the last thing I'd want is photos or film of me appearing God knows where.

Just because something is happening in front of us doesn't mean we have to take a picture or film it.

It's a rescue effort, not a photo opportunity. If I were being removed from the ship via helicopter for an injury or illness, the last thing I'd want is photos or film of me appearing God knows where.

Just because something is happening in front of us doesn't mean we have to take a picture or film it.

I am with you.

Here we go again. Captain announced a course change to Bermuda, to evacuate another medical passenger. Arriving about 6 am ships time, which interestingly enough is 1 hour later than Bermuda time right now. We will not dock we are told but will continue to Horta after we unload passenger.....The Curse of the Ryndam?

I agree. Have a little respect and courtesy........

A ship's officer posted some photos of a medical rescue from a HAL ship on his FB page. Incredible work those teams do.

Hope the ill guests on Ryndam make good recoveries.

A ship's officer posted some photos of a medical rescue from a HAL ship on his FB page. Incredible work those teams do.

So it is ok for a staffmember to make photo's, but not for passengers?

I agree with the no flash rule as there are obvious safety concerns. But no photography at all? Would you ban all photojournalists? Would you ban all newspaper articles containing photo's?

So it is ok for a staffmember to make photo's, but not for passengers?

I agree with the no flash rule as there are obvious safety concerns. But no photography at all? Would you ban all photojournalists? Would you ban all newspaper articles containing photo's?

There are legitimate reasons for staff members to take photographs of evacuations, especially for training and debriefing purposes. Posting the photos on the internet would not be automatically ok, but I suspect the staff member involved obtained proper clearance and assured privacy safeguards before doing so.

Roy

There are legitimate reasons for staff members to take photographs of evacuations, especially for training and debriefing purposes. Posting the photos on the internet would not be automatically ok, but I suspect the staff member involved obtained proper clearance and assured privacy safeguards before doing so.

Roy

Add to what Roy has stated, the fact that the USCG almost always posts videos that they take during an Air Evac. Usually you can find those via the Local USCG Station Web Site, The Official USCG website or I think I've even seen them on You Tube.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Here we go again. Captain announced a course change to Bermuda, to evacuate another medical passenger. Arriving about 6 am ships time, which interestingly enough is 1 hour later than Bermuda time right now. We will not dock we are told but will continue to Horta after we unload passenger.....The Curse of the Ryndam?

Tyler....thanks again for keeping us updated...

I sure hope everyone can stay safe and well....

If I ever have to be air evacuated, I hope everyone takes as many pictures as possible and figures out how to get them to me or posts them on the internet. If I live, I would want to see probably the most exciting thing that ever happened to me. If I died, my kids/grandkids would want to see everything that happened. If the ropes break, my lawyer will want to see it. Take lots of pictures.

I wouldn't care if people took pictures if I were being medevac'ed. It's not like you can identify the person in the litter. If they were taking pictures while CPR was going on on deck or something, that would be another story.

I'd also want my family to give a general update to the ship's captain, to pass on to the crew and other passengers. Not a lot of detail, but just how I was doing. I'd like to think that most of the people on the ship would be wishing me well, with some prayers going up, and I think it would be nice to let them know the basic situation.