More CCL agreed: FTTF Going to $59.95

MCFTJCH2V

It can be confiscated as you are supposed to carry it on. I have seen lots of soda in the naughty room.

Interesting, I guess we have just been lucky 23 times as no one ever said it was an issue, hell we have seen people just put a tag on case of water or soda in no luggage w/o an issue, oh well too each their own

There are costs associated with everything.

If not for FTTF there are at least two benefits that would not exist for Platinum and Diamond.

More people subsidizing my benefits increases the chances and ability that Carnival will expand my benefits. :)

Agreed.....:)

Someone posted this thought early in the thread, so props to you. I didn't copypasta as I wanted to add my personal spin.

Carnival has a lamentable history over the past few years of subtracting things we used to think of as "basic", then offering them back at an additional charge. Reducing the quality of some beef entrees, then offering "Steakhouse Selections" in the MDR is a good example, as is the recent removal of some of the more popular (and higher cost) room service items, then adding in up-charged items. Other items simply dwindle then disappear, like reducing the quality of the turn down chocolates, then discontinuing them because "no one liked them anyways".

The previous poster wisely linked the Platinum/Diamond benefit of early embark and debark to the popularity of FTTF at whatever price. I hope against hope that as I approach Platinum (55 nights) that "the beards" don't put two and two together. If they do, I'd wager that the benefit is eliminated (but of course suite guests retain it), the number of FTTFs offered triples and the price *initially* drops by about a third, allowing John Heald to proclaim it as 'brilliant' and the company to double their earnings from it. Later, the price creeps slowly up to whatever the market will bear.

<<sigh>> Carnival, I *want* to love you. Why do you make it so hard?

That would be me and I am surprised that others cannot see this. Right now with FTTF you get:

Priority Check-in

Guaranteed Stateroom

Express Luggage

Guest Services

Dining Reservations

Priority Tender Boarding

Priority Debarkation

These are the exact things that Platinum/Diamond members get without paying for them.

I seen not too long ago JH talking about new things to come with the Loyalty Program. Well, if Carnival sees that people are willing to pay "whatever" for FTTF then why in the world would the Platinum and Diamond continue to receive these benefits in the Loyalty Program. I fear they might just discontinue these things for the Diamond and Platinum and make us pay for them.

Lord knows they already took plenty away with the Loyalty Program last time. Who knows what they will do next.

When FTTF started out JH stated it would only be 15 to 30 per ship...depending on he amount of Platinum/Diamond. Well that sure has changed. I am seen them open up the FTTF several times and seen there be 60 allowed on a cruise but others have stated there are more. Who knows how many there really are per cruise now.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Savings isn't always about money.

I did buy it for my next cruise though as we are taking some new cruisers and they want to get on the ship early, and we have 2 tender ports. I want their first Carnival experience to be as easy as possible so to me, $50 is worth it for that alone.

I agree. I purchased it for both of our cabins on our December sailing. We are cruising with 2 new cruisers and celebrating a special occassion. I want everything to be a smooth and easy as possible for them. :)

Actually, the FastPass at Disney is free. ;)

Actually..they now have a new fast pass that you can pay for ahead of time and pick the rides you want to go on and when before you leave your house. I believe they also still have the free fast pass..but it is not accessible until you arrive at the park.

OP- How can you call it greed if it is an option that you don't have to purchase. I call it simply Business. If the demand is there. Typically I didn't buy it at $49 and I won't at $59. I have only purchased it once and that was because we had two small grandkids with us and we didn't want to lug around carry-on all day. So we had the opportunity to drop that all off in the room. otherwise we don't use it.

Because the OP has NEVER had one good thing to say about Carnival. If you look at every post he/she makes, it's always bashing CCL. So when I see threads like this one and who started it, I'm not surprised who the OP is. Just another opportunity for the OP to slam CCL.

Because the OP has NEVER had one good thing to say about Carnival. If you look at every post he/she makes, it's always bashing CCL. So when I see threads like this one and who started it, I'm not surprised who the OP is. Just another opportunity for the OP to slam CCL.

Bingo! He's been around here under other names also. Pretty lame. Same thing all the time.

Interesting, I guess we have just been lucky 23 times as no one ever said it was an issue, hell we have seen people just put a tag on case of water or soda in no luggage w/o an issue, oh well too each their own

Carnival is not consistent in enforcing anything. (fire up MDR attire threads)

I am glad you got your sodas onboard FWIW.

Carnival is not consistent in enforcing anything. (fire up MDR attire threads)

I am glad you got your sodas onboard FWIW.

Carnival has never prohibited sodas or water. They do have a limit...

from the Carnival site: Guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages.

This would easily allow 2 12 packs or a case of Coke/Pepsi/whatever to be sent to someone's room.

Excess quantities might find their way to the naughty room.

I seen not too long ago JH talking about new things to come with the Loyalty Program. Well, if Carnival sees that people are willing to pay "whatever" for FTTF then why in the world would the Platinum and Diamond continue to receive these benefits in the Loyalty Program. I fear they might just discontinue these things for the Diamond and Platinum and make us pay for them.

Lord knows they already took plenty away with the Loyalty Program last time. Who knows what they will do next.

When FTTF started out JH stated it would only be 15 to 30 per ship...depending on he amount of Platinum/Diamond. Well that sure has changed. I am seen them open up the FTTF several times and seen there be 60 allowed on a cruise but others have stated there are more. Who knows how many there really are per cruise now.

JH said the other day changes are coming (mtg Thursday) and I sure hope they don't move the line again with the loyalty program. After my Oct 2015 cruise we will be 5 days shy of Platinum. When they change the loyalty program from 10 cruises to 75 cruise days I was only two cruses away.

On the positive side I having fun while getting to the Platinum level.

Especially when one calculates how many hours they have to work to make that $60, vs how much time they save.

Exactly.

But I have realized that in the part of the country in which I live salaries are lower than in other parts.

So, for some people $60 is less money than it is for me.

If I had $60 to throw out the window it would go to St Jude or to rescue animals from the high kill shelters here.

Perhaps the income from selling nothing helps keep the price of cruises lower.

Who knows?

Edited by mzloolue

I seriously doubt that you have seen that recently on Carnival or perhaps any cruise line.

In Mitsugirly's current Pride review on this board, she makes reference to that very thing happening. She says the porters told her to just check it and gave her a tag for her sodas.

I do not understand all the hype about this thing either. Value is in the eyes of the beholder. Like other platinums in this thread, I've gotten it for people sailing with me to enhance their experience. I am neither stupid nor an evil wasteful consumer, I don't think. To each their own. I'd LOVE to know how many people posting about the waste of money are driving luxury cars, sporting designer clothes and giving several hundred for purses and Beats by Dr. Dre for the kiddies. To each their own. That is all.

I don't rag on people for wasting money on more expensive cabins so why do some feel the need (or right) to rag on someone who buys FTTF?

Sorry if it sounded like I was. More power to those who find value in FTTF. I just don't find it personally. Pretty much everything that FTTF offers I can get by learning to work around peak times to board the ship, tender ashore, etc. But you're right. Everybody gets to spend their money the way they want to. Some find value on suites, some find value on insides, some find value on the MDR and some find value at the Steakhouse. Who am I to say what's right?

Edited by Tapi

How would you even know what happens in the VIP lines? Your "even have that 'entitled' attitude" comment shows just how silly you are to be pretending you have any knowledge of what happens in places you have never been in.

You just proved what I was talking. That's the very attitude that assumes to know what level I am.

Exactly.

But I have realized that in the part of the country in which I live salaries are lower than in other parts.

So, for some people $60 is less money than it is for me.

If I had $60 to throw out the window it would go to St Jude or to rescue animals from the high kill shelters here.

Perhaps the income from selling nothing helps keep the price of cruises lower.

Who knows?

I think there is truth to that, but the cost of living in some of those higher income areas cancel out the higher pay difference.

You just proved what I was talking. That's the very attitude that assumes to know what level I am.

Well, I will say that the very last person I met in the VIP line was a very sweet if rather confused and disheveled looking lady. Of course, I guess we were all disheveled looking being that it was POURING that day! Anyway, not snotty at all. I think that making assumptions about people being snooty because of their VIP level is unfair. Plenty of us are just working joes who live closer to port, can take advantage of deals, always book insides etc and manage to make platinum.

The best post I saw was that someone bought it so they can easily drop their luggage filled with soda and water without having to lug it around.

What is so funny, is that they paid $50.00 for this "perk" but yet brought soda on to "save" money. I fell over laughing! Why not just buy a soda package instead.

It's silly of how many people pay for something that is free.

excellent point. lol @ saving by lugging. If carnival offered a special " make your own bed, clean up your room" special - people would be interested

I see some say they carry their soda on board, why would you not pack it in a luggage and check it, we have been checking our case of water and soda for years and never had to lug it around, maybe thats why FFTF does not really apply to us

LOL, you obviously haven't seen how they treat you luggage when you aren't looking. I would be afraid one of them would pop open on all my clothes in the luggage. I have had several pieces of luggage damaged over the years from the time I drop them off to when they get to the cabin.

Lol. The people in the VIP line aren't taken to an underground bunker! The lines at guest services are right next to each other and I don't think you need any special requirements to see from one to the other :).

That's right, however some ports like Tampa and New Orleans, they are in separate rooms with separate lines. Tampa was the worst. One desk to help all the Ds, Ps, Suites and FTTF. I hear Tampa is moving to a new Dock. Hopefully this will be better. New Orleans was great. 6 or 8 agents, danish, fruit, beverages and nice sofas and chairs. I liked it.

Well, I will say that the very last person I met in the VIP line was a very sweet if rather confused and disheveled looking lady. Of course, I guess we were all disheveled looking being that it was POURING that day! Anyway, not snotty at all. I think that making assumptions about people being snooty because of their VIP level is unfair. Plenty of us are just working joes who live closer to port, can take advantage of deals, always book insides etc and manage to make platinum.

Sorry you misunderstood. I have seen some truly rude cruisers in the VIP room towards the check in agents. That, however, is not the norm by any means. Over all, everyone is in a great mood so when I see this, it really sticks out. That was my only point.