Excursion in New York

Winnigirl

We'll be taking the cruise to Bermuda on June 14, returning on June 21. Our return flight doesn't leave until 4 p.m. Does anyone know if there might be a ship excursion into New York (or surrounding area) on that day, which could then drop us off at LaGuardia?

We'll be taking the cruise to Bermuda on June 14, returning on June 21. Our return flight doesn't leave until 4 p.m. Does anyone know if there might be a ship excursion into New York (or surrounding area) on that day, which could then drop us off at LaGuardia?

Have you checked the excursions offered for your cruise by Celebrity?

I was just checking the shore excursions for my May 31 cruise and yes they do have a NYC tour, one drops guests off at JFK and LaGuardia and another drops them off at Newark. I would suggest you check your MY Celebrity, the descriptions are right there.

We're set to board the Summit on Saturday and will take the Manhattan Highlights excursion afterwards. I'll try to remember to post a review afterwards.

Summit to Bermuda is a Sunday to Sunday cruise.

I think they're doing the 8 day repositioning up to NJ, it starts Saturday, means were getting closer.

Correct, we'll board the repositioning cruise on Saturday.

We have a flight that departs Newark at 4:30. Although the excursion was listed on the Celebriy website, I still had a lot of questions. For example, excursions like this that drop you off at an airport usually contain a line something like "This excursion is appropriate for those with flights departing at 3:00 pm or later." There was no such statement, so I called Celebrity. Time-wise, this excursion fit our needs so we booked it.

Correct, we'll board the repositioning cruise on Saturday.

We have a flight that departs Newark at 4:30. Although the excursion was listed on the Celebriy website, I still had a lot of questions. For example, excursions like this that drop you off at an airport usually contain a line something like "This excursion is appropriate for those with flights departing at 3:00 pm or later." There was no such statement, so I called Celebrity. Time-wise, this excursion fit our needs so we booked it.

We did a nice one in Seattle last year with a late flight. Enjoy your cruise, I'll be on her next month.

We're set to board the Summit on Saturday and will take the Manhattan Highlights excursion afterwards. I'll try to remember to post a review afterwards.

Please do! We're planning to do that one, on our Summit cruise. We figured that it beat the heck out of spending 8 hours at EWR, waiting for our flight. But, I would love to know the tour is any good. :cool:

We did the post cruise tour that drops you at the airport ...lets just say it passed the time away rather than sitting at the airport ...but most of it is spent on a coach stuck in New York traffic. We had 2 stops from memory ..one at battery park and one at ground zero ..other than that is was just driving around pointing out sights and telling stories of the place

• 2 weeks later...

We got in to Bayonne today. Here's a little more information on this excursion:

Our bags were loaded based on which airline we were flying. The bus was very comfortable as far as temp and seating. The bathroom was basic. Don't expect running water to wash your hands.

Your experience will most likely be unique, based on traffic and any large events that may cause roads to be closed or re-routed. In our case, our driver and tour guide let us know right away that we would be unable to cross town because of a bicycle event. We prioritized the 9/11 Memorial, and went there first. We had about "15 minutes", which turned out to be more like a half hour, to walk the area, get pizza etc.

We ended up seeing a lot, but only got off the bus the once. Our guide Ellen remained flexible because of the traffic. At one point she asked if we'd rather see the High Line or chance going past Central Park. We all chose Central Park, and the traffic situation was just fine after that. We got to the airport st about 1pm.

Thanks so much for posting the review. Although it doesn't sound amazingly exciting, I think it beats sitting in the airport all day! We have two days before we sail in New York and with this little tour after I think it will be just fine. DH really wants to see the Ground Zero memorial, so we can plan for it on the last day.