Warning!

WetToes

I don't know if anyone hasn't posted anything about this yet, so I thought I'd give a heads up.

There is a rally scheduled for today at 3pm. This is about the recent death of a person in police custody.

Although the rally is not being held in the port area there may still be some negative activity in areas that tourists may visit, mainly the Inner Harbor area.

Parking and driving may also be a problem.

There is a also a baseball game tonight.

I just wanted to make visitors aware. Please be careful.

I'm speaking of the Baltimore port.

Edited by WetToes

I don't know if anyone hasn't posted anything about this yet, so I thought I'd give a heads up.

There is a rally scheduled for today at 3pm. This is about the recent death of a person in police custody.

Although the rally is not being held in the port area there may still be some negative activity in areas that tourists may visit, mainly the Inner Harbor area.

I assume you mean the port of Baltimore

what port is it?

I'm speaking of the Baltimore port.

Thats a shame because the inner harbor is nice to visit and great resturants.

Thats a shame because the inner harbor is nice to visit and great resturants.

Yes it is. I really hope this does not get out of hand like it has in other places.

Would be nice if it stays peaceful with no damage.

Scary times.

Yes it is. I really hope this does not get out of hand like it has in other places.

Would be nice if it stays peaceful with no damage.

Scary times.

I wouldn't worry to much. If it gets to out of hand, they might send in the Maryland State Police for backup and they don't play. A couple years ago when the Baltimore City Police Department was having trouble, their was talk of the State Police coming in to help out and things settled down very quickly. Having lived in Baltimore for 30 years, there's a lot of corruption with the police and politicians, but most of the Maryland State Police have very few ties to the city and are not part of the good ole boys network so they don't worry about the local politics and they get the job done.

Any further word if people had trouble getting to the Port of Baltimore today? We are booked for next Sunday & we're concerned about these protests (looked more like a riot on the news). We are driving from NY. Will we have to be close to the area of protests or does the highway bypass it?

Any further word if people had trouble getting to the Port of Baltimore today? We are booked for next Sunday & we're concerned about these protests (looked more like a riot on the news). We are driving from NY. Will we have to be close to the area of protests or does the highway bypass it?

You will have no problem as you will be om the interstate.

Remenber to stay in the far right lane as you enter the Fort McHenry tunnel because your exit will be about 100 yards after you exit the tunnel and there is no way to get over if you are not in the right lane.

The Mayor of Baltimore has lost control of the city.

The Governor of Maryland has declared a state of emergency for Baltimore City since the mayor is in hiding and he has activated the National Guard

I see they had Camden Yards on lock down after the game the other night and tonight's (Monday) game has already been postponed. It even made the local news here in Houston tonight. :eek:

Bottom Line: It's just not a safe place for those cruising in and out of the Baltimore Port to be at this point. :(

LuLu

The madness made news worldwide. I have a friend in Africa. It was being broadcast there.

So far the 'rioting' has not made it anywhere near the port area. I would just say to those with cruises booked for the near future to keep an eye on the situation.