Cagney's - Important info

NJ Johnny

I am unsure what the point is of this post. Are you trying to portray me as a liar?

No. Sorry I'm not good at copy and paste.

Please; I'm just trying to understand. Is FDR is giving Jancruz insider information to feed to us?

Okay understood. :)

I believe that jancruz's intentions are good and that she just wants to provide accurate and reliable information when she can and in response to what starts off as rumours.

I am not sure what FDR's intentions are.

As I said in my earlier post he gave her information in response to to comments here about the room service charges going fleet wide. She directly asked him and he denied this and she reported the same here. Less than two weeks later what she posted is not the case and room service charges will be going fleet wide.

Given that set of circumstances, the information posted yesterday in terms of changes to Cagney's becomes questionable. We all know there are changes coming, NCL themselves have posted on these boards about that very fact. I don't think there are many people who believe that reservations were halted for that venue for a simple menu change. Someone has reported that they heard from a high ranking officer that Cagney's will be going à la carte. Once again jancruz has contacted FDR and come back stating that information is untrue.

When the changes to Cagney's becomes public and official, if any or all of that venue is à la carte the unfortunate result will be that jancruz's credibility on these boards will be very minimal. The room service charges accounting has already done damage enough. She will have her friend to blame for that. Unfortunately I for one will believe that FDR has used her for a purpose only known to him.

If there is information he does not want us to have, or to know yet, then he should just respect his friend and ask that she post nothing at all on the matter.

** disclaimer alert -- the above is my opinion only I encourage everyone to read up and form their own.

Rochelle

I read that thread and I thought she said that room service charges were not CURRENTLY fleetwide. Not that they never would be. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am remembering incorrectly.

IMO, a lot of these comments are pretty mean spirited. Especially considering this is all conjecture at this point.

It would be really good if we had that thread to reference but unfortunately we do not.

I did at the time basically ask about the information being current and subject to change. She did say yes that was what she was told for that point in time. I did not get the impression whatsoever that she was trying to be misleading or deceptive in any way. This is what she was told and what she was reporting.

Rochelle

So you prefer to believe the "positive" posters and disregard another who posts "negative" information because it is unconfirmed? It seems to me that both sources are unconfirmed until NCL make an official statement one way or the other.

It seems to me that everyone here should be free to speculate and discuss any topic as much as they like without being harassed by some people here.

To Jancruz, sorry about the name slip up, janpro will be a little confused.;)

No rudeness to you intended, but put yourself in our shoes. You have every right to state your opinions. I really think you probably do have FDR's ear, but we are all just names on a screen and I have no proof of it. NOTHING is official until the company says it is.

My problem is that a CEO, or whatever his title is, would choose to use a friend to pass information along to tens of thousands of Cruise Critic posters on a message board rather than through the official channels in his own company. It only places you in the very bad position of then having to try to defend that this information is valid. And that is really unfair to you.

Not trying to kill the messenger. My only point was that it is ridiculous for a company to communicate with customers in this fashion and I will not participate in that by asking you to "please ask FDR" anything. If he wants to tell me something he knows how to do it.

You obviously didn't read my post. I said: I don't know either poster, but will not complain or rejoice, based on either of their posts and will wait until there is definite information from NCL (either a statement, website changes stating that Cagney's is not involved or is involved in the UPD, changes stating Cagney's is not ala carte, etc.).

I, for one, prefer to read posts from everyone and draw my own conclusions.

Is much of it opinion...yes...is some second hand knowledge ..yes...is some fact ..yes....whatever....everyone has a right to post.

OF COURSE....I would not "bet the bank" on anything I read here OR what is told to me by NCL reps or written on the NCL website either !!!!!!! As of now..all I can rely on regarding my cruises is my contract and amenity confirmation. (and not so sure about those documents either ;))

I, for one, prefer to read posts from everyone and draw my own conclusions.

Is much of it opinion...yes...is some second hand knowledge ..yes...is some fact ..yes....whatever....everyone has a right to post.

OF COURSE....I would not "bet the bank" on anything I read here OR what is told to me by NCL reps or written on the NCL website either !!!!!!! As of now..all I can rely on regarding my cruises is my contract and amenity confirmation. (and not so sure about those documents either ;))

Well said! We can only hope our amenity confirmations will hold up in the future.:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

It would be really good if we had that thread to reference but unfortunately we do not.

I did at the time basically ask about the information being current and subject to change. She did say yes that was what she was told for that point in time. I did not get the impression whatsoever that she was trying to be misleading or deceptive in any way. This is what she was told and what she was reporting.

Rochelle

Rochelle, I read her answer to you that way as well. She was requested to ask him and she did. Not sure if it was a timing issue. Maybe they were not done with the testing at that time. I think you can blame a few of these posters for that thread being deleted. Probably the same will happen here. Jancruz did not deserve to be treated that way. It was humiliating to say the least and very childish. They can put smiley faces behind their rude comments and they will still be rude and mean.

Imagine if this is all some sort of glitch in the online system and no changes are made to Cagney's, and the source the OP heard this from was really just joking around? How crazy would that be?

That would be crazy! Especially since NCL came to the boards themselves and announced there enhancements were being made due to the NEXT program. Cryptic yes so it could mean anything.

Rochelle

Yup they canceled my Cagney's reservations for the two nights I had it booked.

NCL........Really? Not even an email to those who booked the promo!!

Really? I saw in another thread that some people could no longer see those reservations but someone called to ask and apparently they were there for the NCL rep to see. The person had an amenity list sent so that could have something in hand if necessary. Worth a try.

Rochelle

Imagine if this is all some sort of glitch in the online system and no changes are made to Cagney's, and the source the OP heard this from was really just joking around? How crazy would that be?

I would be extremely surprised if that was the case. NCL reads these boards and will always correct things immediately. This Cagneys thread has been up for over a week and there are so many other threads saying similar things about booking Cagneys on the UDP. Since NCL has not said a word, it seems they treading water carefully.

If it was not true, NCL would have commented on page #2. This thread is now up to page #18.

Very similar to the 18% gratuity charge threads. They went on and on for weeks and NCL was silent. At first I did not believe them. After 2 weeks NCL finally said "for your convenience the 18% will be added to your bill."

I suspect something will come from NCL any day now with "For your convenience, Cagneys will now be a la carte. All other restaurants will be included in the UDP. Thank you for your interest. Happy sailings. Sincerely, NCL"

Edited by david_sobe

Yup they canceled my Cagney's reservations for the two nights I had it booked.

NCL........Really? Not even an email to those who booked the promo!!

I'm the one who called and asked about my missing reservations. I was assured that my reservations are still there, and the rep reconfirmed the times, days, and number of people. A PDF dining reservation confirmation was emailed to me for my records. I'll be printing that out to take with me.

Curiously, MyNCL does still list me as having an event booked on the days of the Cagney's reservations, even though I don't have anything else booked.

I'm the one who called and asked about my missing reservations. I was assured that my reservations are still there, and the rep reconfirmed the times, days, and number of people. A PDF dining reservation confirmation was emailed to me for my records. I'll be printing that out to take with me.

Curiously, MyNCL does still list me as having an event booked on the days of the Cagney's reservations, even though I don't have anything else booked.

That's good to know I will call tomorrow. What number did you call?

When I look at the Vacation Summary It shows I have to things booked when I click on it now it only shows rock of ages.

I also posted earlier in the day about my reservations not being seen online for cagneys. I called and the rep also said that i still had my reservations and i made another reservarion for cagneys. As i searched under the vacation summary tab i clicked on the print booked items tab under the itinerary listed and there were my reservations for cagneys confirmed for me. I asked if cagneys was being removed from the udp and they said no so not sure what that means but i also thought my reservations were cancelled but they were not and they are listed on the print booked items tab so if anyone else cant view their reservations for cagneys go here and take a look.

I also posted earlier in the day about my reservations not being seen online for cagneys. I called and the rep also said that i still had my reservations and i made another reservarion for cagneys. As i searched under the vacation summary tab i clicked on the print booked items tab under the itinerary listed and there were my reservations for cagneys confirmed for me. I asked if cagneys was being removed from the udp and they said no so not sure what that means but i also thought my reservations were cancelled but they were not and they are listed on the print booked items tab so if anyone else cant view their reservations for cagneys go here and take a look.

Thank you!!! It shows up once you go to print it......Printing it out right now :)

As i searched under the vacation summary tab i clicked on the print booked items tab under the itinerary listed and there were my reservations for cagneys confirmed for me.

Clever! I just checked, and my Cagney's reservations can be found on the page that is generated when I click Print Booked Items. Thank you!

That's good to know I will call tomorrow. What number did you call?

Oops, can't find the specific number. But I know they can also transfer you to that dept from the main NCL number.

Edited to add, found it: 1-866-234-7350

Edited by Pikaia

Clever! I just checked, and my Cagney's reservations can be found on the page that is generated when I click Print Booked Items. Thank you!

Oops, can't find the specific number. But I know they can also transfer you to that dept from the main NCL number.

Edited to add, found it: 1-866-234-7350

Thanks I just printed it out........You should too the way things are changing:)

I was just getting ready to check in for a May 27 cruise and saw the missing Cagney reservations. Then saw all the posts on this - so thanks for figuring it out because the print view worked for me too. Was hoping to avoid printing out 3 pages of stuff about a 16-day cruise, but better safe than sorry.

I have to admit this particular issue doesn't impact me. I am not interested in the UDP, and even the cruise I booked where I received it as a promo, I don't plan on dining in specialty restaurants more than usual.

That said, I wish that NCL would post and end the days of endless speculation. :rolleyes:

I have to admit this particular issue doesn't impact me. I am not interested in the UDP, and even the cruise I booked where I received it as a promo, I don't plan on dining in specialty restaurants more than usual.

That said, I wish that NCL would post and end the days of endless speculation. :rolleyes:

I agree with all of what you are saying. We do use specialty dining about 1/3 of our cruise, but Cagney's doesn't happen to be one of our choices. I still wish we could just get a straight story and stop this rumor chain.

Booked Cagney's for my June 6th sailing to Alaska in the Jewel and so far it will still be honored by UDP , I called and asked NCL last night.

The key phrase being "so far". NCL reps are notorious for giving false information, and for not even having the full information themselves. Call back immediately after speaking to one rep, and get a completely different answer from another rep. I'd like to see what happens once June comes. We will, unfortunately, just have to wait to see how it all turns out.

The key phrase being "so far". NCL reps are notorious for giving false information, and for not even having the full information themselves. Call back immediately after speaking to one rep, and get a completely different answer from another rep. I'd like to see what happens once June comes. We will, unfortunately, just have to wait to see how it all turns out.

Whatever changes *may* be taking place I don't believe will happen until after July 3rd.

Harriet