Cagney's - Important info

NJ Johnny

Again my comments are being taken out of context. I do not need to wait and see what the changes are to form the opinion I did and made in this thread. Someone inferred that comments opposed to changes by NCL are from people against a company making themselves profitable and viable. My contention is that a business that wants to become more viable and profitable makes changes to the venues that are least successful. Making the necessary adjustments so that these venues are appealing to the customer and therefore profitable to the company. No, you don't have to wait, but my opinion is that people should wait until they call a company greedy...my opinion and I stated it. If you disagree that is okay. I never said you were against any company, but I do find it interesting how people are so upset with NCL, when in fact they are not doing anything that any other company does.

All the recent changes are about squeezing more money out of the customers in areas that are already popular; room service, specialty restaurants and drinks etc. It has been all about profit with very little to do with improving the product or guest satisfaction. In all my years of business, I've never heard of a company that tries to make more profit from their customers on non-popular items. A company is going to look at their most popular items and that is where they will change and try to improve revenue, because they know that customers might be upset at first, but will soon forget about it and it will be business as usual.

One bone has been thrown in the direction of the guests and that has been to take the almost never used Asian restaurants, water down the menus to a minimum and make them complementary. Was this in response to the uproar over room service charges (as the announcement timing suggests) or in general. Perhaps it was in the grander scheme of things - thrown out early to soften the blow for the changes coming with Cagney's. Who know's. But I have yet to see any changes that have been made in order to improve the product for general guest satisfaction. Until that time I base my opinions on what they, the company, have given me, and that is never ending changes to improve the bottom line with little to no regard to the customer. The precise terms and conditions of the changes are most often not necessary. They are making changes that improve their revenue, which is what every company does and NCL is no different. Time will tell if their choices are successful or not and, unfortunately, for some they are going to make the changes that they feel is best for their business. But as I've said before, if one dislikes how the business is run, the best way to tell them, is not to cruise with them. By continuing to cruise with them, even though you might not spend as much, is still giving revenue.

~~~~~

Once again I think you are being totally unfair to the poster who made a mistake about the charges on their final bill. Please show me where exactly where "the many posters who started ranting because of the post" are at.? I have not seen any ranting over the issue whatsoever. As I said before you are the only CC member I have seen mentioning it repeatedly. Yes, I agree it would be unfair to the poster, if I posted their name, which I did not, but can't say the same for others on here. And yes, I mentioned it numerous times, because it was the best example of someone posting inaccurate information and others taking it as gospel. Funny, I've seen others do the same, but I guess when they are on one side, it is okay to do it.

Rochelle

Again, we see things differently and that is okay. Edited by NLH Arizona

I may be mistaken but I believe in the past when they discussed Add-Ons, as they do about Le Bistro above, Cagneys used to be mentioned with an add-on (but can't remember what that add-on was, lobster perhaps?).

A few weeks ago the only extra charge item I saw on the Cagney's menu was the extra $10 for a second entree. I believe the lobster dish was included in the regular cover. People here often talk of making surf&turf and to do that you would have to pay the extra $10 to get both a steak entree and the lobster entree. AFAIK the $10 extra entree charge was not covered by the UDP.

A few weeks ago the only extra charge item I saw on the Cagney's menu was the extra $10 for a second entree. I believe the lobster dish was included in the regular cover. People here often talk of making surf&turf and to do that you would have to pay the extra $10 to get both a steak entree and the lobster entree. AFAIK the $10 extra entree charge was not covered by the UDP.

I could have sworn that the up charge for entrees IS included in the UDP.

Edited by cruiserninja1

I could have sworn that the up charge for entrees IS included in the UDP.

The up-charge item is included. The additional entrees in LeBistro and Cagney's have not been.

So the first main course you order is included in the UDP regardless of what it is. If you would like a second main course their is an additional charge is $10.

Rochelle

The up-charge item is included. The additional entrees in LeBistro and Cagney's have not been.

So the first main course you order is included in the UDP regardless of what it is. If you would like a second main course their is an additional charge is $10.

Rochelle

What if you want to eat dinner twice day 5 pm and again at 8 pm. Lol not saying I wanna just saying.

What if you want to eat dinner twice day 5 pm and again at 8 pm. Lol not saying I wanna just saying.

No extra charge for that as long as you get up and leave the restaurant in between.;)

When I was on the Gem in November I met a lovely couple and they went to dinner twice every night. Once to Cagney's and once to another venue. They did not have any problems doing that. I don't know where they put it all, they were two very fit and trim people.

Rochelle

No extra charge for that as long as you get up and leave the restaurant in between.;)

When I was on the Gem in November I met a lovely couple and they went to dinner twice every night. Once to Cagney's and once to another venue. They did not have any problems doing that. I don't know where they put it all, they were two very fit and trim people.

Rochelle

Oh my gosh..I can barely get down one dinner let alone two..but it might be fun to have appetisers and soup in one restaurant and main course and dessert in another..

Jancruz1

Please do not kill the messenger but I just emailed Frank Delrio and he said this is not true..so take it however you want..he has never lied to me!

Jancruz1

As per the conversation not too long ago, will he now confirm or deny that the room service charges are going fleet wide as of May 1st?

Rochelle

Please do not kill the messenger but I just emailed Frank Delrio and he said this is not true..so take it however you want..he has never lied to me!

Jancruz1

Like I said before... Unless you are employed in some official PR capacity for NCL I highly highly doubt DelFeeo is giving insider info to you to pass along here on CC.

Rochelle

I tried that twice on my recent Gem cruise. Lobster at Orchid Garden at 5:30, then the show, then Filet Mignon at Cagney's at 9pm. Definitely stuffed after that. I blame the desserts I also ate more than the entrees, though. :D

As per the conversation not too long ago, will he now confirm or deny that the room service charges are going fleet wide as of May 1st?

Rochelle

He has confirmed that to me last week..

Jancruz1

Like I said before... Unless you are employed in some official PR capacity for NCL I highly highly doubt DelFeeo is giving insider info to you to pass along here on CC.

You are incorrect..I always ask him when I email him if I can post his answer or not and he either says yes or no..I have been doing this for Oceania for 11 years..so people on that board understand..

Jancruz1