Allure.. do we have to book shows????

Reading another board about the Allure a thread said you book your shows before you board. Is this true ? If so how do book ?

You don't have to book shows, but you stand a much better chance of getting in and getting a desireable seat if you have reservations.

Royal's website has a Pre-Cruise Planner you can use to make reservations.

Definitely book the comedy club or you'll be standing in a long line of unhappy cruisers trying to get in..... it's very small room. I would also book the Ice show, to get the night you want.

You can book the other shows onboard .....

The mega ships have so many passengers that they need to stagger their nightly activities to make sure passengers are spread throughout the ship and are expecting to do different things. The standby lines are always an option though as others have said, the comedy venue is hard to get into without a ticket.

Space can be reserved online in the very finicky planner. If you don't want to do that they generally have a time/place for people to make bookings on embarkation day.

Having just come off the Allure I can tell you definitely reserve shows, especially for the comedy show, online using the cruise planner (and hope it takes). If you are able to do that, then the very first thing you should do upon getting to your room is to look at your personal calendar on the TV (a GREAT feature). Any show reservations will show up there. If they don't, it means that your reservations didn't take and you should then immediately go to Studio B and reserve from there. They reserve some slots, even for the comedy show, for first come first serve reservations on the ship. I'm sure this is because they realize not everyone has a computer to reserve online (although if you're reading this, there shouldn't be a reason you can't reserve online). If you don't reserve online, Studio B is open as soon as you get onboard for reservations. Then periodically throughout the week they have someone on front of the On Air Club to take reservations.

In terms of priority, reserving the comedy club is the most important because the club only holds 135 people. Trying to get in on standby is basically impossible. Second priority would be the equal between the ice show and Ocean Aria since the capacities of those venues is not huge. After that, you can probably get in on standby for any of the shows in the main theater. They were not to capacity on any of the shows we saw.

Thank you all for helping. I went online and it is to early to book shows as they are only booking to the end of 2015. I will keep checking back to see when I can book. Glad I read about booking online as we would have gotten on and no show or bad sets...

We were just on Allure 2 weeks ago and booked everything. Made life so simple, they let in everyone with a reservation first. And they do scan your room card to check, then if any seats re left, they will let others in. But seats fill up very fast so get there at least 15 mins early

Which shows have priority seating for suite/goold card guests? Do suite/gold card guests still have to reserve spots in advance?

On Oasis, gold card needed for ice show and theatre, gold card and D+ had reserved seating at aqua theatre. Nothing reserved at comedy club