MDR breakfast and lunch

Perez1992

Does anyone have the carnival lunch and breakfast menus for the main dining room?

I enjoy on the days when I am not ordering room service in bed to go to the Main Dining Room. I am paying for service so I might as well have a nice meal or two!

Please share your experiences and menus if you have them all input is welcome!!

Thanks

Could I ask about dress code for breakfast in the MDR? As we are on a 'beachy' cruise, we would only plan to wear very casual clothes at breakfast time, would this be unsuitable in there? Thanks.

Not on carnival for years but love the sitdown breakfast and lunch, much better than in room and up at the buffet, but different strokes for different folks.

We've never had problem coming even straight from the gym doing our pre big eat calorie burn. I think no swim suits but everything else seemed okay for Breakfast / Lunch

Not on carnival for years but love the sitdown breakfast and lunch, much better than in room and up at the buffet, but different strokes for different folks.

We've never had problem coming even straight from the gym doing our pre big eat calorie burn. I think no swim suits but everything else seemed okay for Breakfast / Lunch

Thanks, maybe we will partake in a sit-down breakfast this time then!

Could I ask about dress code for breakfast in the MDR? As we are on a 'beachy' cruise, we would only plan to wear very casual clothes at breakfast time, would this be unsuitable in there? Thanks.

Casual is just fine for breakfast & lunch. Probably not swim suits and whatnot, but shorts and t-shirts is just fine.

I haven't seen any MDR lunches on the ships we have sailed since the introduction of the Brunch. Do they still have them? I know we haven't arrived in any port late afternoon on our last several cruises, but I still haven't seen the lunch served on any port days.

I love going to the MDR breakfast and like it more than the Brunch. It seems service is much better at the regular breakfast.

I got off the Breeze on Saturday and the MDR was open every morning for breakfast. On sea days, brunch is served from 8 or 8:30 to 1. No lunch in the MDR.

So there was no lunch on port days? I guess they made a change[emoji20]

To those like me who love to have a sit down breakfast the MDR is where it's at am I the only one who feels like it's nice to eat there instead of a buffet remember you can still order two of everything if you wanted lol . I think part of vacation is relaxing I do all the cooking and serving at home so I live for the moments when I can sit down and be treated like a princess even though I am in a t-shirt and shorts. [emoji73][emoji146]

I got off the Breeze on Saturday and the MDR was open every morning for breakfast. On sea days, brunch is served from 8 or 8:30 to 1. No lunch in the MDR.

On extended cruises with plenty of sea days, the brunches will alternate with lunches. I was on the Triumph in February and the second sea day had breakfast 8-10 and lunch 12-1:30.

We have been on the triumph in last few years and have eaten breakfast and lunch in mdr. Omelette, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon and potatoes for breakfast. For lunch we have had things like stuffed pork chops and Chicken dishes. Very nice change from buffet. We eat guys burgers a lot for lunch and dinner or midday meal. The variety is great.

I second the eggs Benedict! Very good!

I love eggs benedict, especially with salmon. BUT, I usually find the eggs are overcooked for my taste, and the amount of sauce, skimpy (especially with the "dry" eggs). This isn't an indictment of Carnival's EB; I find the same problem everywhere (I guess my preference is for rather soupy EB), so to solve this on a cruise I'll order everything separately and assemble my own: poached eggs, English muffin, salmon (though they usually also bring all the bagels and salmon fixings, too) and a side of hollandaise.

:)

Edited by srlafleur