Unlimited internet

Cruisinetta

Using the Search function at Celebrity cruises, I found this.;)

Internet Packages

Internet Rates

Price

As You Go: $0.79 / Minute (Pay by the minute)

Browsing: $59 / 90 Minutes

Social $109 / 240 minutes

Day Pass: $59 / Day (One full day of continuous access)

Unlimited: $299 / 6-9 Day Voyage: $349 / 10-14 Day Voyage

Captain's Club Premium Offers are distributed onboard may not apply to all packages. Internet rates and packages are subject to change without prior notice.

Using the Search function at Celebrity cruises, I found this.;)

Internet Packages

Internet Rates

Price

As You Go: $0.79 / Minute (Pay by the minute)

Browsing: $59 / 90 Minutes

Social $109 / 240 minutes

Day Pass: $59 / Day (One full day of continuous access)

Unlimited: $299 / 6-9 Day Voyage: $349 / 10-14 Day Voyage

Captain's Club Premium Offers are distributed onboard may not apply to all packages. Internet rates and packages are subject to change without prior notice.

But if you are elite or elite plus there is a discount. We are currently on the silhouette and as elite plus I think the discount was 35%. For us it has been wonderful.

Unless they've improved the speed of the internet, selling unlimited internet may be the death knell to the rest of us getting even passable connectivity. that, of course, depends on what the unlimited folks are doing and uploading/downloading, but I'm not looking forward to improved speeds on our next celebrity cruise.

Perhaps the next turn of the financial crank will be offering different "levels of service" (at a price) so you can buy priority on the limited bandwidth.

Unless they've improved the speed of the internet, selling unlimited internet may be the death knell to the rest of us getting even passable connectivity. that, of course, depends on what the unlimited folks are doing and uploading/downloading, but I'm not looking forward to improved speeds on our next celebrity cruise.

We had no connection problems on the Reflection in February nor on the Eclipse in March. We were able to access all over the ship on whatever device we tried.

It appears that a 12 day cruise the cost for Unlimited is $349 less the discounts, although the discounts say exclusions apply. Does anyone know if the Captains Club discount applies to Unlimited ? Also can the packages be bought in advance, I see no mention of purchase on the website. Thanks

It appears that a 12 day cruise the cost for Unlimited is $349 less the discounts, although the discounts say exclusions apply. Does anyone know if the Captains Club discount applies to Unlimited ? Also can the packages be bought in advance, I see no mention of purchase on the website. Thanks

The discount, as far as I am aware, is only against the unlimited package which has to be purchased at the start of the cruise.

The discount, as far as I am aware, is only against the unlimited package which has to be purchased at the start of the cruise.

So the cost for an elite + would be $349 - 104.70 = $244.30 - $99 credit = $145.30 ????

So the cost for an elite + would be $349 - 104.70 = $244.30 - $99 credit = $145.30 ????

I don't think so, I don't think you get the 30% and the 99 credit. I think you only get the 30% off (at least that is what it looked like in the info they gave us on the Eclipse).

Yes, the captain's club discount was applied to the unlimited package. I had to go to the I lounge to get the code needed to apply the discount. I'm not sure if this procedure is on all the ship's or if there is a way to get the code without going to the lounge.

RC and Carnival are upgrading their Internet systems ship by ship. The new system has long range receivers that can hit land based cell towers further at sea. Combine that with a new high power (translate to higher speed) satellite and the internet pipe is bigger. On the upgraded ships RC and Carnival are offering the cheap prices on Internet. They even support an app that lets people on the cruise chat/text with each other for free. There are more features.

I am not sure if/when Celebrity will get the system.

Before anybody starts picking at my post, this is from a tech article I read about four months ago so please excuse anything that is fuzzy memory. I got to the article because I was researching the new app Carnival is playing with for onboard passengers.

Perhaps the next turn of the financial crank will be offering different "levels of service" (at a price) so you can buy priority on the limited bandwidth.

Remember now, all RS and PH get unlimited, 1 package per occupant. so on Connie, that was 10 suites, most had 2 occupants, and I know at least one royal had 3. So roughly 20 people with unlimited access. I kept my iphone logged in when not using my laptop so I could get instant messaging.

I think they have done something to enhance speeds. Or I just got REALLLLLY lucky.

I had unlimited on my TA crossing on Connie I just returned from, and was able to log into my office using Windows Remote Desktop Connect, and get things done, while at sea for 7 days, I'd say there was only about 5% of the time I tried to get in I couldn't, and honestly, I have similar results at home, it being something with the connection at the office. I was generally logging in early to mid afternoons on the ship as I had to get my stuff done before 10:30 am EST (6 time changes while crossing...)

I was actually quite shocked, as in the past, it'd take an hour to download emails only, now they just popped in. Facebook on my iPhone was easy to use as well in the evenings.

I know a lot of hotels I stay in that offer free internet, now also provide an enhanced speed for a fee, so it would be in line with the industry for X to follow suit. but for now, I think they are happy selling unlimited to those who take it.

Way I see it, if I did have to pay $349 for 13 nights, it's $26 a day, well worth the investment to be able to do my "work" as I sail :-)

I think you'd first have to use up your free allotted minutes.

then purchase a package with the discount.

I was able to let a friend use my free allowed elite minutes by making the account and giving him the login and PIN, while I used my unlimited package that came with the RS. was 2 different "purchases" if you will.

I think you'd first have to use up your free allotted minutes.

then purchase a package with the discount.

I was able to let a friend use my free allowed elite minutes by making the account and giving him the login and PIN, while I used my unlimited package that came with the RS. was 2 different "purchases" if you will.

Maybe I did something wrong but I didn't have to use my free minutes first. Upon my visit to the internet lounge, the elite plus 35% discount was immediately applied to the purchased unlimited plan.

We are just off a 10 night Equinox cruise. We received the free 90 minutes for being Elite that was preloaded via the folio # on our sea pass cards. We could trade in the Elite minutes for 30% off the $299 unlimited internet, which would have cost us $209. You cannot get the 30% in addition to a credit for the 90 min package, which now is only valued at $59. You also don't use the 30 mins first. I may be mistaken, but I'my pretty sure we were told that once you start using the 90 mins you lose the opportunity for the 30% discount on the unlimited internet. I'm wondering if anyone recalls the same or heard something different. The unlimited internet offer was initially advertised as being available for the first two days of the cruise, but I believe you could still activate unlimited further into the cruise but at the same rate. There was also a 1-day unlimited internet pass for $59. I found the Internet to be very slow at times, but better than we've had on some prior trips. I sat in on an iOS-8 class and Learned a few tricks even though I've been an iPad user for years.

Edited by kathynorth

• 1 month later...