Johnny rockets milkshake

lyban

If I rem correctly didn't it use to be you ate but had to pay for a drink with a min cost? I don't rem there being a cover charge? Or maybe I didn't pay attention. Personally I think the food kinda stinks

When Johnny Rocket's first appeared on Royal's ships, the food was free and drinks were extra. I don't recall when it happened, but they added the cover charge for food a few years later.

We've used the C&A coupons on a couple of ships and they have both been disappointing.

Of course, we have JR in our town and it's just a hot mess of disappointment on land, so why would it be different at sea?

:what: where is JR at?

When Johnny Rocket's first appeared on Royal's ships, the food was free and drinks were extra. I don't recall when it happened, but they added the cover charge for food a few years later.

I thought so thanks! I rem going up to get my FIL a milkshake he loved them

Now the peanut butter milkshake is amazing, if you like peanut butter.

Thanks for the tip, we gave up on the shakes several years ago, so now I have a reason to try them again. :D

They had PB and mocha on Adventure last week, but as someone said, they use vanilla ice cream for all, so it's not as rich as if they use flavored ice creams, but c'est La vie aboard a cruise ship. We enjoy them better than the other royal desserts. We've never paid a cover to get a milkshake. And I agree about the grilled cheese, not sure how anyone can mess up a grilled cheese, but they do, cheese is never melty, bread is never crispy, ick, they are terrible!

Edited by Familygoboston

So dose anyone remember the price for just a milkshake.

:)

Shakes 4.50

Burgers 2.50

Fries 1.50

Onion rings 1.50

1/2 fries / rings 1.50

Cheese fries 1.50

Can't remember the price of the floats. Don't like that stuff :-)

The cheese fries where yucky. Some tasteless colored fat on some soft fries.

Br Nicolai

Shakes 4.50

Burgers 2.50

Fries 1.50

Onion rings 1.50

1/2 fries / rings 1.50

Cheese fries 1.50

Can't remember the price of the floats. Don't like that stuff :-)

The cheese fries where yucky. Some tasteless colored fat on some soft fries.

Br Nicolai

To note. These prices are for Quantum and Anthem only. Other ships charge a cover charge with all food included. $4.50 remains for milkshakes though

Does this mean you have to pay for the milkshakes when you go for JR breakfast then ??

Not sure they offer milkshakes at breakfast, but if they did, you would have to pay.

OK so like oasis restaurants that have cover charges, cover food, and ones with zero cover charge are ala carte

It depends, some are included in your cruise fare and some like Izumi are a la carte. Johnny Rockets is included for breakfast but has a cover charge for dinner with drinks extra.

This chart might help:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/679291ed#/679291ed/6

Do not get the grilled cheese sandwich - awful. :p

No sh*t!! Never been in a JR on RCCL where they have a clue in how to make a grilled cheese. Last time on Allure, trying to explain the basic concept was a complete comedy of errors. I watched while it turned into a 5 person meeting in the kitchen where they were debating the process on the 3rd attempt.

Finally the Jamaican waitress went in there to show them how it is done. I thought I'd make a nice infographic illustrating the basic concept of a grilled cheese for our Anthem trip later this year only to discover they castrated the JR's on the Quantum class.

Can anyone tell me if I can just go into Johnny rockets and get only a milkshake for whatever the price is, or do I have to pay the 6.95 cover charge first even if no eating a meal.

When did it go up to $6.95?

:what: where is JR at?

There is a Johnny Rockets at Citrus Park Mall in Tampa. I think Red Robin has better burgers, just my opinion.

JR was free when we first had the burgers on Mariner, then it was a 3.95 cover charge on Freedom. I think it was up to 4.95 on Allure. I do not know for sure, but I heard that they have gone a la carte on Quantum.

There is a Johnny Rockets at Citrus Park Mall in Tampa. I think Red Robin has better burgers, just my opinion.

JR was free when we first had the burgers on Mariner, then it was a 3.95 cover charge on Freedom. I think it was up to 4.95 on Allure. I do not know for sure, but I heard that they have gone a la carte on Quantum.

You heard right, JRs on Quantum and Anthem are priced per item.

Wait ... JR is open for breakfast?? And it's not a cover charge? What did I miss?

PHXscuba

JR is open for breakfast with no extra cost on Oasis class only.