Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem of the Seas

I ended up calling the American number I had for Anne, they weren't able to put any characters on board due to the licensing, as you correctly said. She was apologetic but it seems like they're not prepared to do anything. They're going to give my kids activity books and crayons as an apology for the DreamWorks experience not being on board (?!).

She was a very nice lady but it seems like they're just not prepared to do anything about their mistake. I've sent the details to Watchdog and the ASA but apart from never sailing Royal Caribbean again I don't think there's much else I can do. :(

I ended up calling the American number I had for Anne, they weren't able to put any characters on board due to the licensing, as you correctly said. She was apologetic but it seems like they're not prepared to do anything. They're going to give my kids activity books and crayons as an apology for the DreamWorks experience not being on board (?!).

She was a very nice lady but it seems like they're just not prepared to do anything about their mistake. I've sent the details to Watchdog and the ASA but apart from never sailing Royal Caribbean again I don't think there's much else I can do. :(

It does seem odd that they have a licensing issue, yet they are selling the merchandise.

I wonder if there will be a licensing issue once they come Stateside.

Crayons and Activity Books as compensation for what could be construed as false advertising? Really?!?!?!

On what planet does that make sense?

I recommend sending a hand written letter to Richard Fain and Adam Goldstein, as well as an email to both of them, a call to their office (my aunt has actually gotten Richard's secretary in the past), and go from there.

Aim high! In your quest, if you could also enquire if this will be remedied when they come stateside, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I'm looking forward to hearing any updates from anyone who's on this quest.

I hope you all raise holy hell!

Edited by Overtyme

Activity books & crayons??? As if that's going to sorry enough after paying nearly £1000 a child

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very derisory offer, the same books & crayons that should have been on the ship for the Dreamworks breakfast. They are obviously not taking this seriously, certainly looks like ASA or consumer sites are the only option.

because one ship doesn't have dreamworks experience you decided to never sail this cruise line again yeah makes sense

because one ship doesn't have dreamworks experience you decided to never sail this cruise line again yeah makes sense

That's a really short-sighted response!

The reason for not sailing Royal again wouldn't be because they don't have the Dreamworks Experience on Anthem.

The reason for not sailing Royal again would be because of their refusal to acknowledge that they mis-represented the features onboard, which lead to some people spending their hard earned money to take a family vacation based on their representation of their overall cruise experience.

Once they found out, the best they could do was offer crayons and an activity book?!?!?!

Despite attempts to escalate this matter, there has not been anything done.

THAT'S the reason why some people will opt to not sail Royal Again.

It's the sheer arrogance that they can do what they want without consequence that will lose them customers.

While I recognize that they can't just put the characters on, they could do better when it comes to trying to make things right other than offering up a pack of crayons.

What ever happened to customer service?

Why the hell should'nt they, most people decide to dump a cruise line for their own good reasons. I've seen dining, cost of drinks, drop in standards amongst other things quoted as reasons for stopping cruising with a company. I have felt no need to call out those people, by the way that is just posts referring to RCL in the last week or so.

So when a mother who has booked a Dreamworks cruise for her kids based on RCL advertising and has spent the last month being treated like dirt by RCL from senior management down, then I say good for her.

We were all newbies on CC once so may I suggest in future you read a thread in full before making knee jerk comments based on a single post.

I hope all your cruises are enjoyable and you never find yourself in a similar scenario.

I was going to try to explain my reasoning but then realised that you guys had already done so much more eloquently than I could manage, thanks.

This will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise and we leave in 9 days, I can only hope my experience on the ship is considerably better than my experience of their customer service on-shore!!

I was going to try to explain my reasoning but then realised that you guys had already done so much more eloquently than I could manage, thanks.

This will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise and we leave in 9 days, I can only hope my experience on the ship is considerably better than my experience of their customer service on-shore!!

Didn't know we would have been shipmates on the 22nd, could've had a good moan session about RCL over a cold one. Anyway we cancelled as we were getting nowhere fast and it was not going to be the cruise that we booked.

Friends have told me it is a great shipso I hope you have a really wonderful time & that the kids don't miss the characters too much.

Nirrakel, how old are your children that you're traveling with?

I'd love to hear your review of the ship and the experience from the kids perspective as well.

Edited by Overtyme

My boys are 7 and 5, I will definitely write a child-centred review on my return because there seems to have been a lack of them! I'm gutted we missed out on being shipmates, but glad you managed the refund!

Didnt you lose your full payment by cancelling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I was told that due to my 'specific circumstances' Stewart Leven had agreed to a full refund that would only be extended to us, hence us expected to be grateful.

Hopefully more people push. That'll make some waves!

At some point the concept of customer service seems to have been lost by Royal, as they focus only on the sell.

They shouldn't make you feel guilty or that they're doing you a big favor by giving you a refund for their mistake.

They should give you a refund and apologize and then do what they need to do in order to correct the situation for other passengers going forward.

It is interesting to note their denial that they claim to have never have advertised Anthem with the Dreamworks experience.

If you take a look at the online Worldwide 2015-16 brochure from the UK website every entry showing an Anthem itinerary has the Dreamworks logo and the words 'Dreamworks Experience Onboard".

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/brochure-request/

If they make an admin error then they should be honest and admit it not just lie. Unless of course RCI are not responsible for the content of their brochures.

It is interesting to note their denial that they claim to have never have advertised Anthem with the Dreamworks experience.

If you take a look at the online Worldwide 2015-16 brochure from the UK website every entry showing an Anthem itinerary has the Dreamworks logo and the words 'Dreamworks Experience Onboard".

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/brochure-request/

If they make an admin error then they should be honest and admit it not just lie. Unless of course RCI are not responsible for the content of their brochures.

Ive been told in an email from customer services that they stopped marketing dreamworks on Anthem in March 2014 and as I booked after that date there is nothing they can do!

Ive been told in an email from customer services that they stopped marketing dreamworks on Anthem in March 2014 and as I booked after that date there is nothing they can do!

So they admit they did market it on Anthem?