Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem of the Seas

Full refund in the US is generally 75 days. Short 5 day or less cruises are 60 days and Holiday sailings are 90 days.

Thanks for clarifying. I know that the refund policy is pretty good here in the states.

I don't believe that's true over seas.

Optional insurance here in the U.S. offers further protection.

[ATTACH]348834[/ATTACH][ATTACH]348835[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The pics are still a bit blurry. I think its cruise critic that compresses them. Are you using the app as they seem to get through ok on the app?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just throwing out a question.

What does everybody expect they will do? They can't put dream works onboard at this point.

Imo the only really bad thing is RCs denial that it should be onboard.

The pics are still a bit blurry. I think its cruise critic that compresses them. Are you using the app as they seem to get through ok on the app?

Yes using the app but can't get it to work, if anyone wants to give me their email address I can send them. It's really clear to read that Anthem has Dreamworks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With respect, maybe that's because such things are not important to you? For us it was the entire reason we booked the cruise on Anthem and otherwise we would have booked on Disney.

I'm hoping they can put a character or two on board and I am waiting for the resolution centre lady to get back to me about it.

Just throwing out a question.

What does everybody expect they will do? They can't put dream works onboard at this point.

Imo the only really bad thing is RCs denial that it should be onboard.

Several people who have contributed to this thread are in various stages of the dispute/resolution procedure and I am sure they are all looking for different things. That may be OBCs, FCCs, full refunds, a random member of staff walking around with a Shrek outfit on or just a straight forward 'sorry we made a big mistake'.

That is up to the individual, but what is clear is that there was no intention of having Dreamworks on board & yet it was advertised as such. To some parents that made it a prime reason to book an Anthem cruise to provide the best possible holiday for their family.

It is 99.9% certain that RCCL won't be put on board and their head in the sand response has not helped. The important thing now is how they respond to the increasing amount of discontented customers.

Several people who have contributed to this thread are in various stages of the dispute/resolution procedure and I am sure they are all looking for different things. That may be OBCs, FCCs, full refunds, a random member of staff walking around with a Shrek outfit on or just a straight forward 'sorry we made a big mistake'.

That is up to the individual, but what is clear is that there was no intention of having Dreamworks on board & yet it was advertised as such. To some parents that made it a prime reason to book an Anthem cruise to provide the best possible holiday for their family.

It is 99.9% certain that RCCL won't be put on board and their head in the sand response has not helped. The important thing now is how they respond to the increasing amount of discontented customers.

Well said.

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do.

If it were just me and my family, we would re-organize and probably switch to Disney.

But this time, we're cruising with several friends and their families. Some of them have children and some do not.

One thing that I'm not clear on is why they can't just out this on the ship.

I mean, they're people in costumes!

I'm not saying that there's no skill involved, I'm just saying that these are two things that are portable.

It's not like installation is needed.

Props and costumes could be loaded on the ship at any time and people (cast)can also join at anytime.

I'm sure there's some training involved and some choreography, but unless I'm missing something, I don't see why this would be so difficult.

Edited by Overtyme

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do.

If it were just me and my family, we would re-organize and probably switch to Disney.

But this time, we're cruising with several friends and their families. Some of them have children and some do not.

One thing that I'm not clear on is why they can't just out this on the ship.

I mean, they're people in costumes!

I'm not saying that there's no skill involved, I'm just saying that these are two things that are portable.

It's not like installation is needed.

Props and costumes could be loaded on the ship at any time and people (cast)can also join at anytime.

I'm sure there's some training involved and some choreography, but unless I'm missing something, I don't see why this would be so difficult.

We have 2 Anthem cruises booked 1 just us and 1 with friends so I know what you are saying. I would happily accept a refund on our cruise but not so much the one with our friends even though there will be no Dreamworks on board.

With regards the ease at putting the experience on board it is not quite so simple as you say. Having dealt with rights holders for characters in the past there are so many hoops that need to be jumped through you would not believe.Anyone 'performing' as a character has to have been trained and studied a full portfolio of character traits & mannerisms so they can react to any situation in the same manner as the character.

Also the full experience involves parades, photo ops, special breakfast's, movie showings and kids club appearences.

You also get a Dreamworks TV channel and merchandise in the logo shop, which interestingly Anthem does have despite not being a Dreamworks boat.:confused:

OK I'll stick my neck above the parapet here :eek:

I've sailed on several ships which do have the Dreamworks experiences and granted I wasn't sailing with kids and wasn't interested in the (paid for) breakfast experience. However, from what I saw - and I may be very wrong, and am sure someone will tell me if I am - all the Dreamworks experience offered was a few photo opportunties, which were very stage managed by RC staff and a couple of parades per cruise.

Are people really prepared to cancel cruises because they won't get these few short experiences, or did I just miss something much better from Dreamworks :confused:

For me this is the biggest problem. Outright denials that Dreamworks was ever advertised for the Anthem is a poor show.

However, as others have said, I believe the experience isn't all that much. With so much onboard maybe the kids won't miss it too much.

And for what it's worth, I'm not dismissing anyone's view that it's important to their cruise.

We have 2 Anthem cruises booked 1 just us and 1 with friends so I know what you are saying. I would happily accept a refund on our cruise but not so much the one with our friends even though there will be no Dreamworks on board.

With regards the ease at putting the experience on board it is not quite so simple as you say. Having dealt with rights holders for characters in the past there are so many hoops that need to be jumped through you would not believe.Anyone 'performing' as a character has to have been trained and studied a full portfolio of character traits & mannerisms so they can react to any situation in the same manner as the character.

Also the full experience involves parades, photo ops, special breakfast's, movie showings and kids club appearences.

You also get a Dreamworks TV channel and merchandise in the logo shop, which interestingly Anthem does have despite not being a Dreamworks boat.:confused:

Agree-

I didn't intend to over-simplify the nuances, as much as it came across.

It was more my attempt to say that these aren't architectural changes, which would require major re-work.

These are logistical challenges, but could be accomplished with some training and costumes.

OK I'll stick my neck above the parapet here :eek:

I've sailed on several ships which do have the Dreamworks experiences and granted I wasn't sailing with kids and wasn't interested in the (paid for) breakfast experience. However, from what I saw - and I may be very wrong, and am sure someone will tell me if I am - all the Dreamworks experience offered was a few photo opportunties, which were very stage managed by RC staff and a couple of parades per cruise.

Are people really prepared to cancel cruises because they won't get these few short experiences, or did I just miss something much better from Dreamworks :confused:

I can tell you that the characters tend to visit Adventure Ocean, where the kids are.

It makes the children smile and laugh, and really adds to their vacation.

One thing that Royal has done well, is that for the adults, the vacation is not like going to Disney, in that the ship isn't overrun with characters.

The photo ops are nice, but really are just a revenue stream for RC.

The character breakfast was okay.

But the parade was great and the visits to the Adventure Ocean were a blast for the kids.

There was an ice show, which obviously they can't do on Quantum Class, but Allure also had a stage show out in the Aquatheater on Allure.

They could do a stage show for the kids as well.

Then there was the Dreamworks sail-away party.

That was amazing.

Just the idea of a big sail away party on deck while they leave home port.... What a fun experience for everyone!

Puss in Boots!

A Cat in a pair of boots.

What more do you need?

He is in boots and he's a Puss!

"PUSS IN BOOTS"

OMG 😃

Hahaha - what he said ^^^

Seriously I think the dreamworks thing may only be understood by someone infected with mummy hormones. I'm tempted to post a photo of my young children meeting the characters and then maybe youd understand. Their faces light up like all their dreams have come true. It's really magical. I don't expect you to understand, I wouldn't before I had children and I expect I'll forget the magic as they get older but for now you can take all the fancy dining, clever technology etc, They can't compare with the joy on my children's faces when they meet their friends from their stories!

For me this is the biggest problem. Outright denials that Dreamworks was ever advertised for the Anthem is a poor show.

However, as others have said, I believe the experience isn't all that much. With so much onboard maybe the kids won't miss it too much.

And for what it's worth, I'm not dismissing anyone's view that it's important to their cruise.

Agree. I am really interested in the outcome.

(My partner is calling the situation "ShrekGate")

Yes they can, as I believe they have confirmed it will be on future sailings?

Has that been confirmed?

Has there been any progress or has anyone heard any updates form Royal?

It would be nice to get some official word back from them.

The lady said she'd call me back on Friday and I've not heard anything yet. Anyone else heard anything? I've got her number in Orlando but it defaults through to a call centre :/

Ooof! Did you get her name? You should be able to ask for her and get patched through. Otherwise, you're back to square one.

I'm not sure if you're and Crown and Anchor member, but they have their own customer service number as well.

You may want to give that a try as well.