Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem of the Seas

I am on Anthem right now and haven't had time to read the whole thread but the brochure they gave me on board today does state that DreamWorks experience is onboard![ATTACH]348286[/ATTACH]

Geez I am at a loss for words...RCCL just continue to amaze me...and in this matter...not in a good way :(

Very frustrated and disappointed. I sent all that proof and this was his response:

Thank you for your additional comments.

As explained, the Dreamworks Experience is not available on the Anthem of the Seas. It is concerning to learn however that there may be references to it on some of our international sites. I can advise this has been reported to the relevant market.

No mention of the brochure etc and obviously I know Dreamworks is not on Anthem which is why I sent the original email! Have emailled the US email addresses but my expectations of RCCL are pretty low at this point.

I can't find it, I'm not very tech savvy and probably missing it, can you talk me through how to find it in idiot-proof steps - Husband thankfully is tech-savvy - sent details to CMasters.

You click on the 12 Nights Anthem of the Seas link and scroll down to Day 12...then read the small paragraph of what happens on Day 12...Dreamworks is in the middle of that paragraph. :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Thank you, I've forwarded that as well, but it seems I'm being ignored :(

My emails are being sent today, I expect the same - stock answer and the burying of heads in the sand.

I remember though a thread from last year about the Independence of the Seas sailing from Southampton during the UK summer school holidays and there was 1000+ children on board.

If they think we are being a bit of a nuisance now just wanting an honest explanation of what has gone on, imagine if the same numbers of children and families are on board Anthem this year and what could develop if only a small percentage are expecting Dreamworks.

I am very surprised at this "if we pretend it was never advertised it will go away" attitude by senior people at Royal, very surprised indeed.

Edited by onlyonetrevorfrancis

I am on Anthem right now and haven't had time to read the whole thread but the brochure they gave me on board today does state that DreamWorks experience is onboard![ATTACH]348286[/ATTACH]

I have just got off and picked up a brochure. Looked through it and said anthem has dream works and had the date of cruise just got off from

Will be writing about this, Jamie a la carte and taste of anthem menus

RCI on their facebook page replied and said ' Dreamworks not onboard Anthem'. Have posted screenshots showing they advertised it as onboard. Please add your weight to the facebook campaign. You can see it under 'posts to page'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCI on their facebook page replied and said ' Dreamworks not onboard Anthem'. Have posted screenshots showing they advertised it as onboard. Please add your weight to the facebook campaign. You can see it under 'posts to page'.

I really wish RCI would take responsibility and really reads their own material.

Someone should sue them for a refund stating that the cruise they purchased was not the cruise that they received.

I also doubt that people on board the TA cruise on Quantum were told that so many venues would be closed for renovations before they booked. They were probably only sold on the idea that it would be "the trio of a lifetime onboard the newest class of RCI ships".

Royal should eat it!

I think I am being slowly driven mad by the fact that anytime someone complains that despite advertising it DreamWorks is not on Anthem RCCL responds by telling them DreamWorks is not on Anthem.

Well...yes....that's why we were complaining remember???

So...can they get away with this then? They can advertise whatever they like and then not deliver it? Pink flying unicorns on Ovation of the seas?

I think I am being slowly driven mad by the fact that anytime someone complains that despite advertising it DreamWorks is not on Anthem RCCL responds by telling them DreamWorks is not on Anthem.

So...can they get away with this then? They can advertise whatever they like and then not deliver it? Pink flying unicorns on Ovation of the seas?

Agree!

Agree +2

We British in the UK have a company called "Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) http://www.asa.org.uk " that we can complain to about false advertising and they include internet advertising as well (Law passed in 2010).

I saw a TV advert last year that was misleading. Phoned the ASA and they fined the company and got the advert pulled from the airways until it was corrected.

Not sure how much the fine was, but more costly to remove adverts and remake them.

In the USA the agency is the "Federal Trade Commission FTC" so a complaint to them should be in order. Website https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc

You have tried with RCCL direct and got no satisfaction, so next step is the FTC to take the matter further.

Edited by SausPud
hyperlinks for websites added

Just had a lovely phone call with a lady from Orland from the resolution centre, she seems keen to resolve this in a positive way!! :)

I've directed her to this thread and she's going to take a look and see what she can work out for us!

Just had a lovely phone call with a lady from Orland from the resolution centre, she seems keen to resolve this in a positive way!! :)

I've directed her to this thread and she's going to take a look and see what she can work out for us!

Hi, hope all goes well, i've not even had a reply to my 2nd email to Messrs Masters & Leven , so it's been escalated to the US office.

I directed, I think her name was Anne but I couldn't hear it very clearly, to this thread and she said she'd definitely look into it, and I specificially mentioned your problem 'Over Land and Sea' and she sounded upset on your behalf - and she said she's going to talk to Michael Bayley and will be in contact by 9.30pm.

I directed, I think her name was Anne but I couldn't hear it very clearly, to this thread and she said she'd definitely look into it, and I specificially mentioned your problem 'Over Land and Sea' and she sounded upset on your behalf - and she said she's going to talk to Michael Bayley and will be in contact by 9.30pm.

That was very kind, thanks.

Just to keep you updated - I said that I personally would be happy if they could just manage to get someone to dress up as a character on board as my two wouldn't know they were missing anything then! Anne (apologies if I have her name wrong!) rang back to say she's passed this to the leadership team and is waiting to hear back and is going to ring back at 5.30pm tomorrow.