Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem of the Seas

I totally agree with you.

I love the dreamworks experience. I am 40 this year, whilst on Anthem (Oct 2015) and would love to have celebrated it with "Puss in Boots". Who doesn't love a cat in boots, he's in boots for crying out load.

But now from reading everything and seeing that Dreamworks is not going to be onboard, I am disappointed as well. I can't really complain like you, my case hasn't got the same factors, but if I can help in anyway, let me know and I will try my hardest.

We could start an online petition, everyone ask the RCCL team on twitter and facebook "Where is dreamworks?"

If enough of us shout loud enough, someone would hear us!!!

Royal Caribbean in the US are now aware of the situation. The proof is all out there for them to see. ;)

Re; Resolution, here is my situation (cue violins:rolleyes:) My eldest daughter has cerebral palsy & is wheelchair bound, her main love being Disney & Dreamworks films & characters. Both my daughters loved Dreamworks on Liberty so with, supposedly, Anthem being the only Dreamworks cruises from the Uk we booked one in May & one in August. As we had no reason to think otherwise we accepted her constant scanning of her Liberty scrapbook and looking at photos & videos of the characters on Quantum.

My younger daughter has had it explained to her and is unhappy but understanding, her sister just looks at us repeating 'ShrekShrekshrekmore'. (cue Simon Bates music)

So anyway what resolution;

Cancelation with full refund - Most unlikely to be offered but maybe on the 1st cruise but the 2nd we are cruising with friends

Future cruise credit - Dreamworks boats don't sail out of UK so if I could transfer it to Disney, yes please.

OBC - $s are not going to make the problem go away.

At the end of the day someone put their hands up and say we dropped a big hairy one, sorry for the negative impact on your holiday. I don't want to hear it's not RCCL's fault and told all the wonderful features for kids on Anthem, most of which my daughter is unable to access.

Sorry if you find this post maudlin & self serving, I hope you all enjoy your future cruises, we certainly hope to.

Its not maudlin, its the reality of a situation RCI have created. If you could force a refund maybe disneyland Paris could be a fallback?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liz, I was surprised to have not seen you on The Anthem, we missed you x

Sorry Dave, Quantum class is not my cup of tea.

Hope you both had a wonderful time and hopefully we will meet up again in May next year, if I am out of the naughty corner again by then :D

Have you done or said something? ;) 'The proof is out there' has a certain Mulder & Scully quality to it.

I sent an email and requested someone look into the situation and I did show them that the proof is online that Royal Caribbean UK did advertise Dreamworks as being on Anthem of the Seas.

They can change/alter websites etc but they cannot change/alter the brochure that is right here beside me.

All info with regards to this matter has been passed to relevant depts here in UK and in the US.

I really get annoyed when companies upset children grrrrrrrrrr

It's really amazing how a "we're sorry we screwed up" can so greatly alter a customer's reaction to what is, after all, a screw up. I wonder how short this thread would have been (or whether it would have existed at all) if THAT had been RCCL's response, instead of "nope, no way, never said it, you're wrong."

I actually think RCCL is in general a great company; in my dealings with them they have always gone above and beyond. It just frustrates me that they would add to the damage caused by their own self-inflicted wound because they wouldn't just say "we're sorry, we screwed up."

Royal Caribbean's youtube site has an official Anthem video which clearly shows Shrek, a Dreamworks character.

http://youtu.be/B76ublmS8B0

What resolution do you want? Cancellation with no loss of monies? I think somewhere in their terms they will have a get out clause saying onboard facilities can change at any time. Try highlighting this on social media as it may catch the attention of a lot more people including the media. Best wishes with your battle, I wish you well.

I can say with most certainty that if Dreamworks isn't added by 2016, that we will be cancelling our trip.

While it's not the only reason (or even in the top 10 reasons) that we are going on this ship, there appears to be less and less for our youngest daughter to enjoy (who will then be 4).

We figured that she would enjoy the characters by our Summer 2016 trip.

We may be saying so long to RCI for a while and explore other options like Disney Cruises.

I am fuming. I emailled RCCL to complain that Anthem was marketed as having the Dreamworks experience on board and it doesn't. I was told that RCCL never marketed Anthem as having the Dreamworks experience on board. I provided them with a long list of websites that are still advertising Anthem as having the Dreamworks experience on board. I have been told they are all third party websites and RCCL don't feel they are responsible for Anthem being marketed as having Dreamworks when it doesn't. So, am I meant to believe that all these cruise websites spontaneously made up a story that Anthem was going to have the Dreamworks experience on board?

I'm sure I originally saw Anthem on the list of ships on the RCCL website that had the Dreamworks experience but I think it's been changed and obviously I have no proof of this.

PROOF:

Anthem of the Seas IS QUANTUM CLASS

Royalcaribbean.co.uk Our-Ships Quantum-Class Families

:):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

PROOF:

Anthem of the Seas IS QUANTUM CLASS

Royalcaribbean.co.uk Our-Ships Quantum-Class Families

:):):):)

What this proves is that Quantum and Anthem are the same class. Anthem has Dream Works, so it can be on that webpage. Quantum has a Giraffe and that can be on there as well. This is a mashup of all three Quantum class ships that showcases everything. It doesn't say all these features are on all three ships.

I'm not sticking up for RCCL, but this isn't Anthem only information, so it isn't proof.

What this proves is that Quantum and Anthem are the same class. Anthem has Dream Works, so it can be on that webpage. Quantum has a Giraffe and that can be on there as well. This is a mashup of all three Quantum class ships that showcases everything. It doesn't say all these features are on all three ships.

I'm not sticking up for RCCL, but this isn't Anthem only information, so it isn't proof.

Depending on what material you're looking at, this is true.

However, the YouTube Video posted by RCI on their channel says Anthem of the Seas and shows Shrek.

You also have to take a step back from this and view this from the viewpoint of someone who's not a cruise addict like the rest of us on this board.

Think about it from the perspective of someone that saw an ad or commercial and thought "I've never been on a cruise". I've thought about taking a family vacation and this looks like it has something for everyone".

They don't know about sister ships or that this is a mashup for the class.

This is a screw-up by Royal.

On the surface, this appears that maybe there are some contractual issues that are being hashed out between Dream Works and RCI.

I can't really come up with another reason why this wouldn't be in place.

Just to underline the issue, in the UK you cannot cancel a cruise without losing your deposit so if someone has booked based on the fact that Dreamworks are on board and find they are not then its not as simple as just cancelling. Come on RCI put your hands up and refund anyone who you have misled if they wish to cancel.

Hi there

I'm also v disappointed that the characters won't be on the ship. Having been on Disney cruises with my kids they love the characters. Like everyone else they'd seen the advertising materials clearly showing that there would be dreamworks on the ship. I'm currently trying to manage expectations down & hope they'll be so overwhelmed on the ship they'll forget.

For the lady with the daughter who is less likely to forget I noticed something that might help slightly. There was an anthem review on cruise.co.uk by an 8 year old which mentioned the penguins of Madagascar. I guess not the dreamworks experience but might help.

http://www.cruise.co.uk/news/anthem-of-the-seas-by-thomas-aged-8/?utm_campaign=BULLETIN010515&utm_medium=email&utm_source=BULLETIN010515&email=Traceymcpake@live.co.uk&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=toparticlelink

If they have penguins then I'm happy!! Strange how no one else has mentioned them or posted pictures, which makes me suspicious of that review. Sounds like a marketing piece to me. No way was that written by an 8 yr old either!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

If they have penguins then I'm happy!! Strange how no one else has mentioned them or posted pictures, which makes me suspicious of that review. Sounds like a marketing piece to me. No way was that written by an 8 yr old either!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I agree seems a bit marketing to me however if so it is more ammunition for those pursuing the issue with rccc

That article has confused me even more, I would be satisfied with mine seeing the Penguins on board but I am not sure that the article is true. I sadly haven't received any response to my emails showing them the brochure that confirms they did indeed advertise DreamWorks on Anthem.

Hi there

I'm also v disappointed that the characters won't be on the ship. Having been on Disney cruises with my kids they love the characters. Like everyone else they'd seen the advertising materials clearly showing that there would be dreamworks on the ship. I'm currently trying to manage expectations down & hope they'll be so overwhelmed on the ship they'll forget.

For the lady with the daughter who is less likely to forget I noticed something that might help slightly. There was an anthem review on cruise.co.uk by an 8 year old which mentioned the penguins of Madagascar. I guess not the dreamworks experience but might help.

http://www.cruise.co.uk/news/anthem-of-the-seas-by-thomas-aged-8/?utm_campaign=BULLETIN010515&utm_medium=email&utm_source=BULLETIN010515&email=Traceymcpake@live.co.uk&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=toparticlelink

Definitely a fluff piece concocted to make sure they get on all future RCCL freebie cruises.If there are penguins fine but that article shows pictures of kids club & h20 zone with generic sealife creatures. The same areas on Quantum have all Dreamworks characters displayed as shown in this article

http://tripsandgiggles.com/story/kids-areas-royal-caribbeans-quantum-of-the-seas

For some time there has never been any intention of having the Dreamworks experience on Anthem. Whatever reasons behind the decision is irrelevant but RCCL should not have swept the matter under the carpet. Full disclosure prior to final payment, not denial, would have been the reputable company's reaction to it's 'valued customers'.

Ok I got the following reply after emailing Stuart Leven, thanks to Elizanessie kindly providing the address;

''Thank you for your email received and reviewed by Stuart Leven, Managing Director, who has passed it to me for reply.

Firstly, I am very concerned to learn that you have expected the Dreamworks Experience to be present on Anthem of the Seas, whilst this service is provided on a number of ships in our fleet, it is not available on Anthem of the Seas.

It is certainly never out intention to mislead any of our guests and as such I have immediately reviewed this matter with our Marketing Team. Following this I can confirm that Royal Caribbean have at no time advertised the Dreamwork Experience to be present on Anthem of the Seas. We have also worked very closely with out trade partners to ensure that the correct facilities are advertised on their respective sites, it is therefore concerning to learn otherwise.

Whilst I understand and appreciate you are disappointed that this particular service is not available, I would like to assure you that the ship does provide fantastic facilities and services the entire family, and you will certainly have an amazing holiday onboard.''

In closing, I certainly regret any misunderstanding, however I would like to assure you that the crew are looking forward to welcoming you onboard in May

I have responded quoting TA websites that still are showing dreamworks on AOS both UK & US.

Also if RCCL have not said dreamworks was on it why was I told by Customer services that it was. I also posted links to webcached RCCL sites that are not as efficient as the UK & US websites at redacting info. Also had a couple of pdf files attached, we'll see what bs I get back.

Interesting comments by the Managing Director Stuart Levens representative.

If you google "way back machine" you find a website that stores copies of websites older versions. I had a look at royalcaribbean.co.uk on 17th February 2014. If you follow the links on the site Ships- Anthem of the seas- kids activities there it is in all its glory. You get a web page from 25th March 2014 with Dreamwork advertised as being present.

I'm not very IT savy so can't post photos but under a shrek and donkey is the page title "Kids Activities on Anthem of The Seas" and further down the page -

Discover the magic of DreamWorks

Our DreamWorks experience is one your children are bound never to forget. See their faces light up as they meet their favourite DreamWorks movie characters.

Have a family photograph taken with Shrek and Fiona or the penguins from Madagascar, then join them for a colourful parade around deck. You can even call them over to your dinner table at night!

When RCI have issued early additions of their holiday brochures advertising dreamworks, their website at one stage advertised Dreamwork and some travel agents are still advertising Dreamworks I really don't know what to make of his comment that Royal have never advertised it.

I would also suggest that all this is more of a "misunderstanding" than Mr Levens representative would have us believe.

I have a disappointed 5 year old but it won't spoil our holiday, I'm not looking to cancel and I'm not after OBC. I think though we deserve a proper explanation and not this perceived brushing under the carpet, things happen I know that but pretending it was never on the ship in the first place is not what I have come to expect from Royal Caribbean.

Sorry this is a bit 'on my soapbox' and its not the end of the world but its just disappointing for my family.

Keep smiling all :(

If you google "way back machine" you find a website that stores copies of websites older versions. I had a look at royalcaribbean.co.uk on 17th February 2014. If you follow the links on the site Ships- Anthem of the seas- kids activities there it is in all its glory. You get a web page from 25th March 2014 with Dreamwork advertised as being present.

I'm not very IT savy so can't post photos but under a shrek and donkey is the page title "Kids Activities on Anthem of The Seas" and further down the page -

Our DreamWorks experience is one your children are bound never to forget. See their faces light up as they meet their favourite DreamWorks movie characters.

Have a family photograph taken with Shrek and Fiona or the penguins from Madagascar, then join them for a colourful parade around deck. You can even call them over to your dinner table at night!

When RCI have issued early additions of their holiday brochures advertising dreamworks, their website at one stage advertised Dreamwork and some travel agents are still advertising Dreamworks I really don't know what to make of his comment that Royal have never advertised it.

I would also suggest that all this is more of a "misunderstanding" than Mr Levens representative would have us believe.

I have a disappointed 5 year old but it won't spoil our holiday, I'm not looking to cancel and I'm not after OBC. I think though we deserve a proper explanation and not this perceived brushing under the carpet, things happen I know that but pretending it was never on the ship in the first place is not what I have come to expect from Royal Caribbean.

Sorry this is a bit 'on my soapbox' and its not the end of the world but its just disappointing for my family.

I wish there was a way that we could collaboratively send a message to Royal (Adam, Richard, etc.).

Maybe through Twitter to the RC PR account and some other places?

If the message that they tried to pull a fast one or that they have mislead the public (intentionally or unintentionally) is out there for all to see, we might get some action.

Ideally, this would be a last resort, with the first approach being an organized message and conversation with RCI brass, first.

Hers the snapsot of that page as at 17th Feb 2014. You will see the address bar shows quantumclass/anthem-of-the-seas.

53da7b99c3c8b6d1ed6b19a8c0355c70.jpg