Aqua Class

NHCRUISIN

They give you two legs -- they were not fried but sautéed in a chipotle sauce. The serving was not big enough to share but my husband grabbed one before I could slap his hand away. They were on a bed of escarole with two grapefruit slices. I enjoyed the few nibbles I had.

Were they the large or small legs? I don't like chipotle sauce. Since they sound so accommodating, I wonder if they would prepare them another way.

In my experience, on any crew ship we've ever been on, if you want to order two or three orders of the same appetizer no one ever questions it. I can't imagine this isn't true in Blu as well. When we've seen something that we like (be at frogs legs or sweetbreads) we simply order double portions.

On our last cruise in February on the Reflection, we were able to upgrade to Aqua for $50 so we did. We were with friends who had never sailed Celebrity so we were touring the ship before sail away. We found the door to the Persian Garden locked and were puzzled about how to enter. A passenger walked out just then and we asked how to get in. She said in a very condescending tone that we had to PAY for it. We then said we were Aqua Class and she got even more smug and said we had to be SUITE guests. Wow! We went to the desk, gained entry to the room for a quick look, and left. It was small,hot, and each bed was taken. We decided to leave it to the pompous woman for the rest of th the cruise.

We found Blu to be nice the first night. The next night the sommelier didn't visit our table so we ordered wine through our waiter. We also had San Pellagrino water. He put both on an ice bucket and never touched them again. When our glasses were completely empty my husband walked over and got our wine to fill our glasses. Later the Maitre d' passed and we were low again so we told him we had not been refilled at all. He apologized, refilled us, and left. The rest of the refills were on us again. Very poor service.

The food was OK. We found the portions fairly small. We really like to try foods when we cruise but we found we didn't like at least one thing, sometimes more, at each meal. Then when you have a small portion of what you do like, it's not always satisfying. We asked to eat in the MDR one night and we were lucky enough to get the singing waiter. Great food, great service, and such a fun waiter. It may be a little louder than Blu but that was the only downside.

I enjoyed the tea, had the drink package so we didn't need the water, loved the cool fog less mirror, and could take or leave the shower. If I could upgrade from CC again to AQ for $50 or less, I would and just view it like a specialty dinner. I would eat in Blu once, maybe twice.

My opinion is just one of many on this board.

We found Blu to be nice the first night. The next night the sommelier didn't visit our table so we ordered wine through our waiter. We also had San Pellagrino water. He put both on an ice bucket and never touched them again. When our glasses were completely empty my husband walked over and got our wine to fill our glasses. Later the Maitre d' passed and we were low again so we told him we had not been refilled at all. He apologized, refilled us, and left. The rest of the refills were on us again. Very poor service.

By that point I would have moved the ice bucket next to the table! Inexcusably poor service. [in my youth, the first time I sprang for a dinner at a decent French restaurant in NY the waiter allowed my wine glass to get empty. When I got up to grab the bottle for a refill, he rushed over and was very apologetic -- hard to imagine for a French waiter, I know -- and never let my glass get less than half-full the rest of the evening. That is what good service entails. Any lapse should be apologized for and remedied.]