Aqua Class

NHCRUISIN

I just got off the Millennium on May 22 and was in a deck 11 Aqua class cabin for the first time. Really enjoyed it. Loved the short walk to the door that led down some steps to the Sunset Bar. Loved the larger shower and shower head.

There was 2 bottles of water given every time the steward cleaned the room twice a day. We ended up with extra.

Really enjoyed eating in Blu. People say Blu is better on the "S" class ships but I don't have that experience to compare it with. I particularly liked breakfast in Blu to be able to have their super yummy table side made mueslix. Just delicious. I believe Blu on Millennium class ships use the same kitchen as the dining room. Blu was put on one side of the dining room on the upper floor. Although you cannot hear any of the noise or commotion from the MDR.

The maitre'd and the hostess were both extremely nice and helpful in customizing our meals. There are standard items on the menu that you can get every night such as shrimp cocktail, caesar salad and creme brulee for example.

There were a couple of nights that we preferred the choices on the MDR menu. The staff in Blu felt very bad when they found out that we ate in MDR instead of Blu.

Overall, we definitely preferred the experience in Blu as it was not so noisy as eating in MDR. Service was excellent.

Our food and service was also very good in the MDR.

So when you read reviews that the service is no big deal, etc. don't believe it all. Some people find nothing to say but negative things. They complain the steak is tough, etc. Have you never had a bad meal or steak in a restaurant in your hometown or somewhere? Of course. We all have. So just return it and they will bring you something else.

We found both the dining room and the crew in Blu very eager to please the customers and make us happy and make sure we enjoyed our meal.

This is our first time on Celebrity and we are booked in Aqua on the Equinox. From the difficult map to read on Celebrity's site, my location of 163X seems to be ok. I always try to avoid common areas like a pool, gym, or restaurant being above the room.

I was hoping to snag a CS, but with my cruise sold out and a wait list two months out, I think this is where we'll be situated.

Excited to try Celebrity for the first time. When I first started cruising, this was the line/class of ship that I wanted to experience. Hoping that it meets my expectations.

I always like to check the deck plans on www.cruisedeckplans.com. Very easy to see exactly where a cabin is located. It even has a drag a deck feature so you can position one deck on top of another to see exactly what is above and below you.

Could someone who knows please give a helpful answer?

My goodness you are hard :). You are talking about drinking water and the stuff coming out of the faucet is actually tested more then the stuff in a bottle. But in Aqua your steward generally will leave about 2 bottles a day in your cabin. We usually put ours in the fridge and they quickly leave more. And if that is not enough for you....just ask your steward can you have more (they never say no). Personally, we usually have the drink package on Celebrity (by booking with a 1-2-3- promo) which includes all the bottled water you can drink in 100 lifetimes. But how boring to spend one's life worrying about bottled water, which has become one of the major rip-offs of society. I must admit that DW and I do enjoy Pelligrino....but at least that has some taste and kick.

Hank

I just got off the Millennium on May 22 and was in a deck 11 Aqua class cabin for the first time. Really enjoyed it. Loved the short walk to the door that led down some steps to the Sunset Bar. Loved the larger shower and shower head.

There was 2 bottles of water given every time the steward cleaned the room twice a day. We ended up with extra.

Really enjoyed eating in Blu. People say Blu is better on the "S" class ships but I don't have that experience to compare it with. I particularly liked breakfast in Blu to be able to have their super yummy table side made mueslix. Just delicious. I believe Blu on Millennium class ships use the same kitchen as the dining room. Blu was put on one side of the dining room on the upper floor. Although you cannot hear any of the noise or commotion from the MDR.

The maitre'd and the hostess were both extremely nice and helpful in customizing our meals. There are standard items on the menu that you can get every night such as shrimp cocktail, caesar salad and creme brulee for example.

There were a couple of nights that we preferred the choices on the MDR menu. The staff in Blu felt very bad when they found out that we ate in MDR instead of Blu.

Overall, we definitely preferred the experience in Blu as it was not so noisy as eating in MDR. Service was excellent.

Our food and service was also very good in the MDR.

So when you read reviews that the service is no big deal, etc. don't believe it all. Some people find nothing to say but negative things. They complain the steak is tough, etc. Have you never had a bad meal or steak in a restaurant in your hometown or somewhere? Of course. We all have. So just return it and they will bring you something else.

We found both the dining room and the crew in Blu very eager to please the customers and make us happy and make sure we enjoyed our meal.

Did you happen to notice if there were many vegetarian selections in either Blu or the MDR? Thanks.

Did you happen to notice if there were many vegetarian selections in either Blu or the MDR? Thanks.

There is a separate (and very good!) vegetarian menu in both dining rooms.

Ask for it.

Hi,

Just booked a Concierge category room for a 7 day cruise in Caribean, noticed the Aqua Class rooms were only $50 more pp.....is it worth it? what does it offer you that Concierge doesn't ?

Don

If you haven't had AQ before then yeah I'd recommend it, so you can experience Blu and see what you think for yourself! The breakfast is very nice, for being sit-down, non-rushed, and to-order. But we won't book it again even for the same price as CC because DW and I preferred the main dining room dinner menus to Blu.

I just recently got off the Millennium and was in Aqua class. Yes there were a few nights that we preferred the menu in the MDR so then we went to select Dining. It was no problem and service was excellent. The muesli in Blu is great though for breakfast and Devi Italy not as good I. The buffet. Definitely appreciated the better shower in the deck 11 cabins also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never sailed Aqua Class. How much free drinking water is provided to the cabin each day?

We got as much bottled water as we wished. We had 4 bottles on the desk every day. It was good to take one off the ship for excursions!

I just recently got off the Millennium and was in Aqua class. Yes there were a few nights that we preferred the menu in the MDR so then we went to select Dining. It was no problem and service was excellent. The muesli in Blu is great though for breakfast and Devi Italy not as good I. The buffet. Definitely appreciated the better shower in the deck 11 cabins also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've read a lot of positive and some negative posts about Blu. I'm hoping we have a positive experience and don't have to eat in the MDR. As long as we can still get the escargot appetizer, we should be happy. We're also doing Aqua on our next Summit cruise.

We're taking a family vacation in a couple weeks and will be on Celebrity for the first time. First time for aqua class, first time on Celebrity, first time to Alaska! We all have aqua class cabins and can't wait to try Blu. Blu sounds perfect for me: cleaner eating, smaller venue, more personalized service. I'll report back. :)

First night in Blu is filet mignon and the amount of water you get depends on ship and steward. Putting the water in the cooler is a good idea.

On our last cruise, the bottles of complimentary water had these labels which said either $4 or $5. We were shocked. We spoke to the Hotel Director about it and he replied that was one of the cut backs. Two days later, our cabin attendant wanted to know why we were not drinking the water. We talked about the cost. He looked and said that they were free and the label referred to the water in the refrigerator. We just shook our heads...

Thank you. Do they have the MDR menu in Blu, or did you go to the MDR to look at it?

We didn't see a MDR menu in Blu, but I did check it and ask for items from it without any issues at all. You can check both via the TV in your room on a daily basis, so no real issues there. :)

Yes. You can actually order anything from the MDR menu in Blu if you wish.

That has not been our experience on our most recent cruises on both the Eclipse and Silhouette where they would not longer get items from the MDR. One should consider that on the "S" Class ships it is a long hike from the Blu galley to the MDR galley. The Blu galley did have their "secret" menu of some MDR items (previously posted).

In fact, one night when we really liked the MDR menu (we had checked it out at the MDR) we had the Blu maitre d simply make arrangements for us to dine in the MDR. And no, at least on the S class ships they did not have MDR menus at Blu. Keep in mind that on that class of ship Blu is at the opposite end of the ship from the MDR.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Did they serve escargot as appetizers?

Sorry, we just got back today from Summit but we were not in Blu, we were in Blu last Sept. in Alaska and I just don't remember.

They are really trying to get away from serving MDR menus in Blu, we were told we could not do it in Sept. on the Solstice. Several posters recently have stated it is not possible on the M class ships also so I guess the answer is maybe or it depends on the ship.

Edited by dkjretired

The galley for the MDR on S class ships is just below Blu on the 4th and 3rd floors. It is not a 'hike' at the other end of the ship.

If you are nice and give notice, you can get items from the MDR. We have also ordered items at the last minute and they arrive rather quickly.

Edited by keesar

That has not been our experience on our most recent cruises on both the Eclipse and Silhouette where they would not longer get items from the MDR. One should consider that on the "S" Class ships it is a long hike from the Blu galley to the MDR galley. The Blu galley did have their "secret" menu of some MDR items (previously posted).

In fact, one night when we really liked the MDR menu (we had checked it out at the MDR) we had the Blu maitre d simply make arrangements for us to dine in the MDR. And no, at least on the S class ships they did not have MDR menus at Blu. Keep in mind that on that class of ship Blu is at the opposite end of the ship from the MDR.

Hank

No issues for us at all...

I'm in AQ in November, I will deliberately try this and report back, but out waiter made it very clear there were no problems ordering on Silhouette. Also, the restaurants are actually very close together, not at opposite ends of the ship.

Did they serve escargot as appetizers?

We were in Blu just last week on the Summit, and they did have the escargot every night. You could order escargot, shrimp cocktail and French onion soup as every night items. Also, New York Strip Steak and salmon were every night. It was not as simple as ordering off the MDR menu. They would not/could not bring you Eggs Benedict at breakfast -- something about the chef getting upset if they took the Hollandaise sauce???? I did hear people requesting things the night before that they wanted for the next evening and in their effort to please, said there would be no problem.

We were in Blu just last week on the Summit, and they did have the escargot every night. You could order escargot, shrimp cocktail and French onion soup as every night items. Also, New York Strip Steak and salmon were every night. It was not as simple as ordering off the MDR menu. They would not/could not bring you Eggs Benedict at breakfast -- something about the chef getting upset if they took the Hollandaise sauce???? I did hear people requesting things the night before that they wanted for the next evening and in their effort to please, said there would be no problem.

Thank you for posting. Could you tell me about the frog legs they serve? Wondering if they're the nice little saddles.

They give you two legs -- they were not fried but sautéed in a chipotle sauce. The serving was not big enough to share but my husband grabbed one before I could slap his hand away. They were on a bed of escarole with two grapefruit slices. I enjoyed the few nibbles I had.

Edited by bumperoo