MDR question

kc58ab

Going on my third cruise on May 15th. I've learned several things I didn't know on here. I've seen mention of breakfast in the MDR on here. Is this on all ships? We are going to be on the Freedom. Is there set times?

I love the lemon bread and chocolate muffins in the brunch bread basket

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I have had dreams about that lemon bread. It's better than the chocolate melting cake, IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea day bunch is a must, I agree and I thought the carnival breakfast buffet was very good, minus the terrible coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by aubreyc1988

If you are in a hurry to do something, MDR for breakfast is not the place to go. Service is very slow for breakfast.

I often find breakfast in a slow MDR to be quicker than in a packed buffet.

We very rarely eat in the MDR for breakfast because it is such slow service. We would go to the brunch once per cruise as we had the drink coupons, but otherwise you spend a good portion of your morning (over an hour) going to have breakfast/brunch.

Some of the food is good, but since I don't have many complaints about the breakfast buffet on Lido or the breakfast burritos that you can get from Blue Iguana are really good and a lot quicker, it just makes it more convenient to get breakfast up on deck.

The fun times will tell you what the breakfast times are and the dining room it is open to anyone. I agree the service is not the same as it is at dinner. We usually only go on sea days when were not in a hurry. It is the only place to use the free drinks. Many people come in to the dining room just to order their drink then leave. The coffee I agree is pretty bad I have two solutions. I buy instant espresso and make up tiny Ziploc bags(craft findings bags ) and carry them some times I add it to the coffee other times I just order lemon and hot water and make the espresso. I am a Starbucks fanatic so I have started buying coffee at the specialty coffee bar if I was home I would be paying extra so why not . Check out my travel blog. http://www.atouristlife.com

Since they dont hand out the drink vouchers for Gold any more (you get water instead) that will cut down on those who show up for a drink and leave-so breakfast/brunch service may be better. Brunch is great-you do get the bread basket before 11 a.m., after 11 you get pop overs.

I cruise to be spoiled for a few days, I dont think that the breakfast service is that slow, (except on the Fascination) and I've had such bad eggs on the Lido buffet, that I dont go out of my way to eat up there. Unless I have an extremely early excursion.:)

We never went to brunch until our last cruise. Now it is a must at least once on sea days.

Yes. it is a little slower, but the sun and fun will still be there when you are done.

Wife insists on eating in the MDR for breakfast every morning.

husband insists....

Though, I'll be honest, I've started to enjoy MDR more. I like someone else waiting on me. I don't mind the wait, I'm sitting and enjoying my family, something that doesn't happen at meals at home.

I haven't had sea day brunch before, but on our last 3 cruises, we've had breakfast in MDR. Before kid, I think we made it to MDR once or twice, not for lack of trying but uh, lack of being awake!

I'll have to look into the sea day brunch option. My kid will love steak and eggs!!

I love breakfast in the MDR. I find I eat less when I order from a menu. I also love eggs Benedict and I get them once on a cruise. I ask for the sauce to be on the side and doing so seems to not have the congealed sauce on the top.

The times we have gone to Brunch, the service was soooooooooo slow. The waiters were in a big hurry to get our drink order and get the drinks, but the food was another story. A few times we went later in the morning and wanted to get some kind of dessert, but with the slow service, we left before it even came. Waiting for over 20 minutes from the time we finished eating and still no dessert, made us just leave.

We will try the brunch again when we go on Dream to see if the service is better now that there will be fewer people going just for the drinks. If it is still the same, we will just go to the Lido and hopefully, I will control what I eat. The odds of that aren't so great though, lol.