Does Aqua Class Stil Offer All CC Perks

actuarian

I have never seen CC cheaper than AQ on any cruise from this side - never.

I will, absolutely kick up stink - what I buy is what is offered in the brochure and website at time of purchase for my cruise.

It is a matter of principle. I am already not impressed with Celebrity - booked two cruises and cruise number one was not good. Simple as this though - if cruise number two is a let down then no more Celebrity - simple as that.

On embarkation day we bring on board two bottles of decent champagne - drink the cheap fizz first then enjoy the real McCoy with the glasses and ice provided. I don't want to spend my first moments fighting for two champagne glasses and a bucket of ice - so yes, I will indeed "kick up stink"!.

I am going fairly soon so will report back. Personally I would never book CC - Id either go with an all out suite, or an ordinary balcony - I don't quite get why people pay the extra for CC - but each to their own. I understand on M ships cabins are bigger? Not sure. So I am pleased to see anyone who pays extra receive their value for money in return.

BLU of course is the main perk for Aqua - the priority embarkation is no biggie to us - half the time we arrive fairly late anyway and breeze on. We don't drink the teas, don't have the canapes - we do like the waters that's a miss - but have premium drinks so will pick up water there. The Spa is a waste of time and effort - such a major let down for Celebrity - dreadful Persian gardens on S class.

Take away the welcome - its just that nice feeling of a bottle in your cabin sitting on ice as you arrive - take that away - they can shove their X - this kind of cruiseline is not for me.

Even Costa look after their returning guests with champagne (better quality than X) in cabin on arrival. And their SPA and Samsara cabins - wow - out of this world.

Nope - I am afraid so far, Celebrity is not making a good impression with me.

This cruise for us is costing a fortune - travelling from Scotland to USA - with flights, days in Seattle etc -and its a celebration cruise for our 20th - we had enough let downs on our last X cruise - sincerely hope this one goes with plain sailing! Alaska thankfully cannot let us down and its the ports we are going for more than anything - its a bucket list trip - I just don't want it to have a bad start the moment we set foot in the cabin - so hence why I will indeed "kick up stink"!.

Cannot edit - wrong way around - I mean I have never seen Aqua cheaper than CC this side of the pond, not ever!

Per X website CC includes expanded room service menu while aq includes upgraded room service menu. How do these differ from each other and the regular room service menu?

Remember having steak and eggs for breakfast in cc on Eclipse two years ago with no extra charge. Last month in cc on Eclips menu showed steak now has upcharge. Reduced expanded menu?

Asked this question in similar thread recently but received no response. Any insights?

Actually there is really not a big difference for breakfast in all cabin categories. The higher categories get certain things like Capuchinnos and some other drinks included. Food items are pretty much the same from inside all the way up to suites.

I have been also wondering about Aqua which we were "upgraded" to by X.

I called today and two different customer service reps found on their internal system a chart that shows that, except for MDR (and probably the new lunch) all the CC perks are still part of Aqua.

She sent me the chart, so I have that for when we go onboard.

As far as the dining room, my TA was able to call and still have us at a large table for 8 in the MDR late seating.

But this was not straightforward.

wow A whole bunch of CC envy going on here lol:D Next AQ people will be demanding our better cabin locations:)

Are you for real? Why on earth would we be envious of CC?

I had the option of CC for £300 per person - that's around $500 US cheaper than what I paid - why would I be envious?

I couldn't care less about the CC lunch - doesn't apply to me. I have no clue what the difference is between an ordinary balcony cost to CC cost - Unless I was doing AQ or a Suite for sure I would choose the cheapest balcony.

If anything there have been a lot of snide remarks towards AQ guests (for why who knows)recently - ever since the "big wow fantastic amazing" mdr lunch on embarkation day was announced.

I for one am pleased to see anyone who has paid an extra premium, receiving (whatever that may be) value for their hard earned ££s. (or $$s).

Envious :rolleyes:

For the benefit of AQ guests, there is a live thread just now on Solstice, and Aqua is indeed receiving their regular full perks. Cheap Fizz (on ice with glasses which is important to me!) still awaits us.

I think this can be the case sometimes if you book an Aqua Guarantee vs booking a specific AQ cabin.

No, currently both the A1 and A2 are cheaper than the C2s on our next cruise (C1s are sold out). On our Millie cruise, the A1s and A2s are cheaper than the C1s. Personally, I think this happens more on M class ships because of the cabin locations ;). I wouldn't swap my C1 or FV for anything apart from a suite ;). Different things are important to different people. We just love the afts (especially my DH :p) and are not keen on the overhang/struts. Good job there's a choice ;).

I think this can be the case sometimes if you book an Aqua Guarantee vs booking a specific AQ cabin.

Not true - we booked our Alaskan cruise over two years ago - the day the itineraries opened. Aqua 1 was CHEAPER than a Concierge 1. We are aft lovers and although we had never cruised in Aqua before decided to chose one of the most desirable aft cabins on deck 11.

Edited by Jane2357

With all the recent cut-backs we value the Aqua perks as nearly worthless :). The exception is Blu which is either a pro or con depending on one's point of view. Since we are Elite + and usually have a drink package there just are few advantages to Aqua (other than Blu). And whatever pHD at Celebrity decided that eliminating a few bottles of cheap water (from Aqua) was a good idea....just contributed to cheapening the entire product. We do have a future cruise booking in Aqua.....but suspect it will be our last time in that class. It just seems to make sense to book a better located cheaper balcony cabin and use the money saved for other things. In some cases the Ultra Dining Package coupled with a regular balcony is even cheaper than AQ....with a lot more benefits.

As to the bottle of "Champagne" in the cabin, we never considered a $4 bottle of sparkling wine (which is priced much higher on Celebrity) a big inducement.

Hank

Good morning Hank,

We just recently completed our 5th cruise in Aqua, on the Reflection EB TA.

I can absolutely without a doubt say that the Aqua experience has totally deteriorated, starting with the downgraded amenities in cabin such as toiletries, cheap towels, no daily bottled water, which used to be a great perk, and I would say much more appreciated than the sweet, bland tea, and silly canapés, (we refused them.)

We mainly booked Aqua for Blu, and this trip we were very excited to bring along a group of friends, after having talked it up so much...........but........it was a huge letdown for the first time.

The food and service in Blu is just not the same high quality we have received through the years.

The first night was a disaster, as my friend asked for the salmon dish, and was served a bland pale piece of salmon with a cauliflower and carrot. It resembled hospital food!

It did get better as the cruise progressed, with some glimpses of the "old Blu"

Coming through, but it was usually a two hour affair just to get through dinner, with a diminished staff, noting a huge difference in the usual great service.

We did have an amazing stateroom attendant by the name of Michael, who was genuinely helpful, along with the rest of the crew.

This has definitely made us rethink booking another Aqua class cruise on Celebrity.

Marisa

Good morning Hank,

We just recently completed our 5th cruise in Aqua, on the Reflection EB TA.

I can absolutely without a doubt say that the Aqua experience has totally deteriorated, starting with the downgraded amenities in cabin such as toiletries, cheap towels, no daily bottled water, which used to be a great perk, and I would say much more appreciated than the sweet, bland tea, and silly canapés, (we refused them.)

We mainly booked Aqua for Blu, and this trip we were very excited to bring along a group of friends, after having talked it up so much...........but........it was a huge letdown for the first time.

The food and service in Blu is just not the same high quality we have received through the years.

The first night was a disaster, as my friend asked for the salmon dish, and was served a bland pale piece of salmon with a cauliflower and carrot. It resembled hospital food!

It did get better as the cruise progressed, with some glimpses of the "old Blu"

Coming through, but it was usually a two hour affair just to get through dinner, with a diminished staff, noting a huge difference in the usual great service.

We did have an amazing stateroom attendant by the name of Michael, who was genuinely helpful, along with the rest of the crew.

This has definitely made us rethink booking another Aqua class cruise on Celebrity.

Marisa

Goodness this is not good news - I have held back booking any further cruises with X until we complete our Alaska cruise -

From what I can gather here it is M class ships which seem to be commandeering a higher price - and its all about location from what I can gather.

I have to confess when we first booked our cruises, for us the attraction was the spa itself - we always cruise in Spa class cabins - we turned down the free captains club upgrade as we wanted to be nearer the Spa. However, after our first cruise on Equinox TA - we quickly realised that the Spa was no attraction on Celebrity - and really, had we not already deposited, we would have booked our Alaska cruise probably in an ordinary balcony and used speciality dining - as it is - we are already planning on 3 out of 7 dinners in Speciality.

I don't think the way things are going we will be back on X until we are a good bit older. We shall see - perhaps Solstice will win us over -

We live in hope :)