Does Aqua Class Stil Offer All CC Perks

actuarian

Aqua passengers do not get access to michael's club or luminae. I have no idea what a concierge could do for you or me on a ship...but you have full access to them (as does everyone else on the ship).

Then what differentiates "concierge" class if everyone has access to the concierge?

Celebrity Concierge Class is a new category of stateroom combined with extra comforts to enhance your cruise experience. It is available on every ship and there are over 50 added amenities for you to enjoy:

There is nothing mentioned about access to a Concierge in the added amenities.

Celebrity Concierge Class is a new category of stateroom combined with extra comforts to enhance your cruise experience. It is available on every ship and there are over 50 added amenities for you to enjoy:

There actually is:

http://i.img ur.com/VNv0omDl.png -- delete the space, I will never understand this board's obsession with censoring random things and image hosts!!

But it doesn't actually mean anything. Anybody can go to the Concierge and they don't seem to have any special services or even reason to be there.

(For the record, the 'over 50 added amenities' language page is old; there aren't flowers, stationery, or special towels anymore, to name a few errors.)

Edited by gergles

• 1 month later...

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Personalized Concierge service

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Expanded room service menu

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories

Plush bathrobes

Fresh fruit

Custom-blended bath amenities

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella

Extra handheld hair dryer

Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

I have no idea what a concierge could do for you or me on a ship...but you have full access to them (as does everyone else on the ship).

So are you saying that ALL passengers, even in the lowest level inside cabin get access to Concierge Class benefits including the following? Or do they just get access to the Concierge. Can you point to a link on the web site to confirm your information?

Services

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Dining

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists

Plush bathrobes

Fresh fruit

Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom Features

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

So are you saying that ALL passengers, even in the lowest level inside cabin get access to Concierge Class benefits including the following? Or do they just get access to the Concierge. Can you point to a link on the web site to confirm your information?

Services

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Dining

Amenities

Plush bathrobes

Fresh fruit

Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom Features

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

All cabin categories get access to Concierge Services not amenities.

A previous poster mentioned that the the e brochures have a sentence in them which is the same as what used to be on the web site. It basically says Aqua Class cabins have all the Concierge Class amenities plus the AQ amenities. Anyone has a problem just download the e booklet.

To the poster who mentioned what are the benefits if everyone get Concierge services. There are loads of threads on this but on the M class ships you can get better locations, bigger cabins and veranda's. Room service breakfast menu is slightly enhanced and the big one for many, the chairs on the veranda get stools. Priority boarding is not a big deal, just a separate line, sometimes regular lines are shorter.

Edited by dkjretired

All cabin categories get access to Concierge Services not amenities.

A previous poster mentioned that the the e brochures have a sentence in them which is the same as what used to be on the web site. It basically says Aqua Class cabins have all the Concierge Class amenities plus the AQ amenities. Anyone has a problem just download the e booklet.

To the poster who mentioned what are the benefits if everyone get Concierge services. There are loads of threads on this but on the M class ships you can get better locations, bigger cabins and veranda's. Room service breakfast menu is slightly enhanced and the big one for many, the chairs on the veranda get stools. Priority boarding is not a big deal, just a separate line, sometimes regular lines are shorter.

My comment was about the personalized concierge service shown as a concierge class service. In reality everyone from sky suite on down uses the same concierge...there is not, and I don't think there ever was as I remember, any personalized concierge service for concierge passengers.

Edited by ghstudio

My comment was about the personalized concierge service shown as a concierge class service. In reality everyone from sky suite on down uses the same concierge...there is not, and I don't think there ever was as I remember, any personalized concierge service for concierge passengers.

I agree, I was probably the first person on this board to point that out years ago. I was referring in my comments to post #26 in part.

Can you show guest services your status with another line and they upgrade you in their system?

Sorry for the silly question. I've only traveled w princess.

if you have status on Royal caribbean or Azimara, then you can get a captain's club status on Celebrity by calling the captain's club. Other than that...no.

• 10 months later...
I am very disappointed to hear this as I am booked in my first AQ in July.

Marie

Page 131 of the brochure - AQ includes all CC

Its there in black and white on the 2016/2017 brochure.

And going by recent cruisers everything cc is still in place.

For sure at the price I paid above CC I will kick up a mighty stink if that's not the case!:mad:

Concierge amenities are no longer included with aqua class. No sparkling wine, canapes, fruit, or flowers. Just called and asked.

Just curious about the source..seems the Celebrity Official might want to post some clarification here...as well as cruisers now on board ships or returning...

we have always gotten same perks as concierge class in AQ, plus the extra AQ perks..,including boarding right after suites are called, Amenities recently lost in AQ are daily delivery of bottled water,& upgraded towels (wish list ..bring them back)

Apparently there is also recent change: embarkation lunch in MDR for Concierge class,..but not for AQ guests,.

i was in aqua class on the equinox in march. i did receive sparkling wine. i did receive canapes every day. i did have fresh flowers in my room too. i also had fresh fruit, of my choice, every day in my room.i hope all that hasn't changed.

Easy boarding in Southampton after a wonderful sunny warm weekend in London. We were quite early on board so we went to the buffet instead of bistro on 5 and easily found a table waiting for the rooms to be ready and having something to eat. As has become usual, they kept announcing that they would announce when rooms were ready….and they never did. We just decided to wander down to our aqua cabin at 1 and the room was, of course, ready. Bottle of sparkling wine and two small bottles of water and the jokingly named iced tea as well. Lovely cabin attendant arrived and we asked for ice every day, empty out the cooler and one foam pillow. She got 2 out of 3 right….but we now had an extra regular pillow. Room was very clean….towels are clearly not plush….in fact my wife thinks they are almost luffas. No flower…I guess that will come when they realize we are elite plus although when we boarded, only my DW’s card said elite plus….mine said nothing…..easily fixed at guest relations….then also had to fix to get my “free” internet minutes since the option didn’t appear for me when creating an internet account (my DW was given the option). Normal hassles….very efficiently handled.

We ignored the aqua welcome letter assigning us to a time in blu and just showed up at 7:15. No wait and an important bulletin to those who have sailed aqua before and are tired of the same three little bowls of vegetables, humus and dressing on the table….there’s been an important change….instead of just carrot and celery sticks, there is now a ½ cherry tomato, a small piece of cauliflower and a small piece of broccoli as well as the carrot/celery sticks. I wouldn’t call it a major improvement, but at least it’s a change. Speaking of sticks, the bread sticks are different and I suspect they are out of a box, not baked on board. They are still excellent, just different than I remember. The new orange juice is different….better than the non squeezed on board we had on our last ship, but still not the same as ibefore.

Usually, the first night’s entertainment is a revue of the shows to come…but on this cruise it was a comedian. Second night was one of celebrity’s new revue style shows. We went to both, but we aren’t show people. They were ok….comedian appealed more to our mostly british passengers but that’s to be expected.

Wait the second night at blu…about 10 minutes around 6:45. Not a problem. We haven’t seen any hard sell of premium upgrades or specialty restaurants, but we haven’t been near the buffet since boarding.

More later…..we are aboard, so feel free to ask questions

Concierge amenities are no longer included with aqua class. No sparkling wine, canapes, fruit, or flowers. Just called and asked.

Ghstudio posted this today from the cruise he is currently on.

Unfortunately the phone reps really aren't a great source of accurate information. Call three times and I would bet you'll get 3 different answers. :(

We got all of the things you asked about in Aqua this last February (but the flowers appeared on the first formal night and might have been because we're Elite). The fruit bowl is now 3 pieces . I think Concierge got similar items.

Edited by chamima

Let me try to link the online brochure from their site. It says Aquas receive MOST CC benefits. I suppose they are leaving it open to change at their discretion. Changes they are making to CC are very recent, so it seems all is in process. I have not eaten in BLU yet, but, imo the dining venue alone is not enough to justify the cost. I understand the S class ships have very nice SPA accomodations. That is not the same for the M class, from what I understand.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/bd4cbe2e#/bd4cbe2e/110

Marie

Let me try to link the online brochure from their site. It says Aquas receive MOST CC benefits. I suppose they are leaving it open to change at their discretion. Changes they are making to CC are very recent, so it seems all is in process. I have not eaten in BLU yet, but, imo the dining venue alone is not enough to justify the cost. I understand the S class ships have very nice SPA accomodations. That is not the same for the M class, from what I understand.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/bd4cbe2e#/bd4cbe2e/110

Marie

I'm thinking the one you wouldn't get in Aqua is priority seating in the MDR, as Aqua guests are assigned to Blu.

Yes, that is the way it works and keeping the programs separate certainly reduces the amount of revenue lost due to the cost of the perks. However, I think it is penny wise and pound foolish. Since high status C&A members know that they cannot earn C&A points or even have truly equivalent status on X, they often decide that, when they want something different from RCCL, it might just as well be a competing cruise line as X. That might seem good for RCCL and X taken individually but it is not a way to maximize profits for the corporation as a whole. I believe that corporate profits could be enhanced by having a single program that went across all of the cruise lines owned by RCI.

While some may decide that if they can't have the same level perks they may as well switch to a competitions cruise, I would guess that an equal or greater number would try a line in the RCCI family.

Carnival, which as we all know, owns among others, Princess, HAL, P & O and Seabourn doesn't provide any reciprocal benefits between their various cruise lines.

When we decided it was time to try another cruise line we were Diamond on Royal and Platium on Carnival. We looked at Princess, HAL & Celebrity. The deciding factor ended up that with Celebrity we got Elite benefits; its 13 Celebrity cruises later and are thinking of giving Azamara a try.

I'm thinking the one you wouldn't get in Aqua is priority seating in the MDR, as Aqua guests are assigned to Blu.

The CC'ers are now offered lunch in the MDR upon embarkation, so that is one benefit the AQ's are not getting.

Page 131 of the brochure - AQ includes all CC

Its there in black and white on the 2016/2017 brochure.

And going by recent cruisers everything cc is still in place.

For sure at the price I paid above CC I will kick up a mighty stink if that's not the case!:mad:

Kick up a stink all you like but many

Of is are booking Aqua as it is CHEAPER than Concierge. Just saying.

Per X website CC includes expanded room service menu while aq includes upgraded room service menu. How do these differ from each other and the regular room service menu?

Remember having steak and eggs for breakfast in cc on Eclipse two years ago with no extra charge. Last month in cc on Eclips menu showed steak now has upcharge. Reduced expanded menu?

Asked this question in similar thread recently but received no response. Any insights?

With all the recent cut-backs we value the Aqua perks as nearly worthless :). The exception is Blu which is either a pro or con depending on one's point of view. Since we are Elite + and usually have a drink package there just are few advantages to Aqua (other than Blu). And whatever pHD at Celebrity decided that eliminating a few bottles of cheap water (from Aqua) was a good idea....just contributed to cheapening the entire product. We do have a future cruise booking in Aqua.....but suspect it will be our last time in that class. It just seems to make sense to book a better located cheaper balcony cabin and use the money saved for other things. In some cases the Ultra Dining Package coupled with a regular balcony is even cheaper than AQ....with a lot more benefits.

As to the bottle of "Champagne" in the cabin, we never considered a $4 bottle of sparkling wine (which is priced much higher on Celebrity) a big inducement.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Kick up a stink all you like but many

Of is are booking Aqua as it is CHEAPER than Concierge. Just saying.

I have never seen CC cheaper than AQ on any cruise from this side - never.

I will, absolutely kick up stink - what I buy is what is offered in the brochure and website at time of purchase for my cruise.

It is a matter of principle. I am already not impressed with Celebrity - booked two cruises and cruise number one was not good. Simple as this though - if cruise number two is a let down then no more Celebrity - simple as that.

On embarkation day we bring on board two bottles of decent champagne - drink the cheap fizz first then enjoy the real McCoy with the glasses and ice provided. I don't want to spend my first moments fighting for two champagne glasses and a bucket of ice - so yes, I will indeed "kick up stink"!.

I am going fairly soon so will report back. Personally I would never book CC - Id either go with an all out suite, or an ordinary balcony - I don't quite get why people pay the extra for CC - but each to their own. I understand on M ships cabins are bigger? Not sure. So I am pleased to see anyone who pays extra receive their value for money in return.

BLU of course is the main perk for Aqua - the priority embarkation is no biggie to us - half the time we arrive fairly late anyway and breeze on. We don't drink the teas, don't have the canapes - we do like the waters that's a miss - but have premium drinks so will pick up water there. The Spa is a waste of time and effort - such a major let down for Celebrity - dreadful Persian gardens on S class.

Take away the welcome - its just that nice feeling of a bottle in your cabin sitting on ice as you arrive - take that away - they can shove their X - this kind of cruiseline is not for me.

Even Costa look after their returning guests with champagne (better quality than X) in cabin on arrival. And their SPA and Samsara cabins - wow - out of this world.

Nope - I am afraid so far, Celebrity is not making a good impression with me.

This cruise for us is costing a fortune - travelling from Scotland to USA - with flights, days in Seattle etc -and its a celebration cruise for our 20th - we had enough let downs on our last X cruise - sincerely hope this one goes with plain sailing! Alaska thankfully cannot let us down and its the ports we are going for more than anything - its a bucket list trip - I just don't want it to have a bad start the moment we set foot in the cabin - so hence why I will indeed "kick up stink"!.