What nights are the formal nights scheduled?

Lakesrider

We are new to all of this cruise thing. My wife and I are taking the Alaskan Cruise the week of May 23rd on the Star. Just wondering what nights the formal nights are on. I can't find any info on that on the Princess website. We have a few excursions planned that go until 4pm and we are doing the Main Dining room sit down at 5:30 each night. So not a lot of time to get back and ready....Just wondering if anyone knows? Thanks.....:D

The formal nights will depend on your itinerary. The first and last nights will not be formal. Beyond that, the formal nights are usually the first and last sea days if there are two or more.

We are new to all of this cruise thing. My wife and I are taking the Alaskan Cruise the week of May 23rd on the Star. Just wondering what nights the formal nights are on. I can't find any info on that on the Princess website. We have a few excursions planned that go until 4pm and we are doing the Main Dining room sit down at 5:30 each night. So not a lot of time to get back and ready....Just wondering if anyone knows? Thanks.....:D

They're not silly with their formal night choices...but it'll be in the Patter once you board. In general, assume that:

1) Embarkation day is not going to be a formal night.

2) Disembarkation day can't be a formal night.

3) The night before disembarkation won't be a formal night; you'll be putting suitcases in the hall before/after dinner.

4) They won't do formal night on a night you're in port.

5) They probably won't do formal nights consecutively.

6) That pretty much leaves your first at-sea day and your Glacier Bay SC day.

Most likely May 24 (Hubbard Glacier day) and May 27 (departs Juneau at 4 PM).

have had formal night on a port night, in spite of the fact that the previous day was a sea day, I was told that it had to do with supplies from that port.

So it does sometimes happen.

have had formal night on a port night, in spite of the fact that the previous day was a sea day, I was told that it had to do with supplies from that port.
Was it truly a port night or a night after the ship had been in port that day? Whenever we've had formal nights on a port day, it's when the ship has sailed by 4 in the afternoon. That gives people time to dress for the early seating.