I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

Have to agree there, if I want to spend the week at the mall that's what I'll do. ;)

I hate that with some of these mega ships I can't even feel the sea's movement. :(

How is that a cruise?:confused::confused:

You need to sail through the Bay of Biscay on a bad day, believe me there's no mistaking you're cruising haha :D

I really hope Carnival Corp head office are reading this thread.

Please, please, please build smaller ships. We don't all like these huge mall like structures and our pockets are not deep enough for your Seabourn cruises!

You honestly don't think Princess will change their way of doing business because of what a few dozen people post. :D:D

The way to make money, like it or not, is to have large ships & pack them with thousands of people looking to have the experience of a lifetime at a price that almost everyone can afford. You can't please all the people all of the time.

Sure, they'll be a few along the way who won't return for another cruise but the majority will cruise and still return to the mega ships even with their drawbacks. Just look at what they done to the balcony size....and some people still have no complaints. :p

You need to sail through the Bay of Biscay on a bad day, believe me there's no mistaking you're cruising haha :D

Try Bass Straight or a Cyclone off Queensland wth waves breakng on the balcony on 7th floor, and breaking a few windows on the same deck :D. Both on Pacific Princess

Love it

cruises out of NY/NJ again..I loved the 9 day Carib cruises...

I do not count the Canada cruises, because they start too late in September

for me to able to go...I'd be able to do it if it was August...

. or sail out of Baltimore/Boston..I miss driving to port.

Bernadette

THIS!

In addition better classes in the gym, more movies during the day under MUTS (less concerts), better room service menu, put the international cafe on the diamond before next year's cruise ;)

*Sail from New York area ports.

*Add true 14 day cruises.

*Bring some Grand Class ships back to the Atlantic.

*Have their lowest pricing for those who book earliest.

Prohibit photographers and other crew members with sales pitches (e.g. cook books on our last cruise) from bothering people trying to have quiet dinner conversations. People having meals should be "off limits" to those making sales pitches. This includes photographers.

These posts mention the important ones for us.

I would love to see more options from anywhere on the east coast as I teach in the fall and those Canada cruises aren't possible for us. Driving to port would be lovely, and we'd be able to cruise more often if we didn't have to pay airfare.

Having discovered the CB and EP in the last year, we're in love with the Grand class ships with a true promenade and those fabulous aft cabins. We are generally small ship cruisers and have no interest in most of the behemoths being built now.

I absolutely HATE the sales pitches in the MDR. We always choose late traditional seating and that kind of selling is the antithesis of what we would expect in nice restaurant at home. Who wants to interrupt their conversation with interesting companions to buy a special lemoncello glass??? Or have their mug shot taken???

We are also fans of really good house bands. Last year on the CB we had a fabulous cover band that played in the Explorers Lounge, and I think everyone from age 30-70+ was in there dancing after dinner. It was so much fun. On the EP this spring we couldn't for the life of us find a place to dance either before or after dinner (unless you liked ballroom in the Wheelhouse or house music in the disco late at night).

It's also amazing to me that the DJs in Skywalkers pay so little attention to what people like to dance to. I've never seen DJs who can drive people of all ages off the floor so quickly. And the waiter service was poor -- we wouldn't even order drinks because it took so long to get them. It's like a no-man's land up there, and it could be so much fun. A lost opportunity IMO.

Prices, Terms and Conditions to be equal for passengers booking in all countries.

Totally agree with Reina

Plus

1) faster and

2) cheaper internet

3) tea/coffee maker in rooms

4) cruises starting/finishing in Liverpool (please)

5) make Patters available to download or email them along with the post cruise questionnaires

6) hopefully someone with a bit of clout will read this thread, think that all these ideas are brilliant and start to implement them with immediate effect :D

I wish princess would, take all the sales ads out of my vacation event patter and fill it with more activities, get rid of the Infomercialized flea market atmosphere, stop the constant peddling of crude I don't want or need. Quit trapping me as I exit the ship for photos I never buy.

Side note: I am not an drinker or an alcoholic, but if I did have a problem, being hassled to buy MDR after dinner drinks, drink packages, beer buckets and wine tastings, just might trigger a relapse. Just a thought for those who do fight this addiction.

I wish princess would, take all the sales ads out of my vacation event patter and fill it with more activities, get rid of the Infomercialized flea market atmosphere, stop the constant peddling of crude I don't want or need. Quit trapping me as I exit the ship for photos I never buy.

Side note: I am not an drinker or an alcoholic, but if I did have a problem, being hassled to buy MDR after dinner drinks, drink packages, beer buckets and wine tastings, just might trigger a relapse. Just a thought for those who do fight this addiction.

We have experienced none of the high pressure sales tactics on the last 2 cruises, Emerald/Regal. I was watching but they never materialized. Which was nice. I did have to dodge a couple of photogs at the gangway by jumping over the side of the walkway to the pier below. :p

...Quit trapping me as I exit the ship for photos I never buy...

I just waive them off if they try to trap me, and walk around them or past them. I am sometimes tempted to pull a celeb move--cover my face and say "sorry, I'm not doing media today" :).

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

Add Portland to the list and I would also agree! :p

Yes definitely add Portland. We would cruise MUCH more is this was a home port. :)

More west coast cruises during school holiday times. Princess is marketing more to families yet school holiday itineraries are very limited IMO. I want to cruise but taking kids out of school isn't an option for us.

My husband's request would be a better beer selection, particularly craft/micro brews. Budweiser is fermented rice water! :D

A bigger, better arcade for kids

Heated pools

Blankets for the balcony

Better balcony furniture

Cheaper drinks package (I can dream right?)

Past passenger discounts

Have more traditional dining OR have better early dining times in traditional (5:30 is ridiculous!) - I think the idea that traditional diners use up ATD are highly exaggerated on these boards since the MDR is usually full in my experience.

...Past passenger discounts...

Princess does offer these on some sailings. An easy way to tell is to check pricing on a cruise you are interested in on Princess.com without logging in. Then log in (you have to set up an account to do this), and recheck pricing. There are also sometimes special offers for past pax via email and snail mail ads.

If you are a Ruby level past passenger or above, you also get a free upgrade on Princess Protection insurance if you purchase it. You get the higher of the two available levels of coverage for the price of the lower one.

Please please please a real 14 days in the Carribean in winter, not a B2B

-anytime dining only for those who booked anytime

- enforce the no chair hog policy

- comfortable balcony furniture ( this once is also for you Pam)

-solo cabins

-smaller ship also

-informative talks on ports and countries visited like John

Lawrence did on Baltic Cruises, not just the Diamonds international and shopping show , even in the Carribean.

-ballroom dancing ( have the Glen Miller orchestra on a theme Cruise)

Lots of comments mentioning smaller ships. I wish their future builds reflected that. Maybe the ones after that???:D

I much prefer the smaller ships as well, however larger ships make the mass-market cruise lines more money due to the economies of scale. I would rather Princess operate a greater number of smaller ships as their business grows, as opposed to fewer larger ones, but the profits are with the larger ships.

The high-end lines will continue to sail smaller ships as there simply aren't as many able or willing to pay their prices. In other words, they couldn't fill a monster ship at their fare levels.

I am planning to enjoy as many of the smaller ships on Princess (and HAL) as I can while they are still in service.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78