CONFIRMED Allure drydock changes?

I won't call it a 'home run' either....my personal disappointment is moving the DL. When we were on Allure, I tremendously enjoyed the location of the DL, where the seating area overlooked the Royal Promenade. On our recent Indy cruise the DL had an outside seating area overlooking the sports deck, and it was nice (usually windy and warm, of course being outside) but not as enjoyable as when we were on Allure.

I think the overlook is still there. I forgot to check it out on our April trip. Has anyone tried to go there lately. It might be the new secret balcony. ;)

I think the overlook is still there. I forgot to check it out on our April trip. Has anyone tried to go there lately. It might be the new secret balcony. ;)

If your cruise on Allure was before the drydock, the DL was still overlooking the Royal Promenade. In the current drydock, the DL is being relocated to where the CL was and the space of the DL is being converted into cabins. At least that is what I understood.

If your cruise on Allure was before the drydock, the DL was still overlooking the Royal Promenade. In the current drydock, the DL is being relocated to where the CL was and the space of the DL is being converted into cabins. At least that is what I understood.

I was referring to Oasis. New cabins only took place of interior portion of DL. They should have added inside balconies to those cabins. That would have been interesting. :cool:

JS on Allure/Oasis has access to CK for dinner, that is a big plus. Give it a try

Is this actually the case? I know that JS can eat there for dinner on Q class but for some reason thought that it was restricted to full Suites and Pinnacle on Oasis class. Certainly the deck plans indicate that, although the wording may be because those in a JS can't eat there at breakfast and lunch.

Really hope that we can eat dinner there when in a JS - we joined friends for lunch in Coastal kitchen on Anthem a few days ago and it was a wonderful experience.

Is this actually the case? I know that JS can eat there for dinner on Q class but for some reason thought that it was restricted to full Suites and Pinnacle on Oasis class. Certainly the deck plans indicate that, although the wording may be because those in a JS can't eat there at breakfast and lunch.

Really hope that we can eat dinner there when in a JS - we joined friends for lunch in Coastal kitchen on Anthem a few days ago and it was a wonderful experience.

I would LOVE if the JS could access CK! We are traveling with extended family next June - total of 21 we have 6 JS, 2 GS, and 1 OS booked for the crew. Dining arrangements are for traditional dining in the dining room - to allow all of us to eat together as a family (thinking about coordinating dining for 21 via dynamic dining puts me in panic mode!!)

Though we are all at least Diamond Status it's inconvenient that we won't all have access to the same lounges, perks etc. However having access to the CK would be a HUGE advantage. We are celebrating my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary and it would be nice to make arrangements to have at least one dinner together in the CK to have a bit of a more special dinner celebration for them.

I would LOVE if the JS could access CK! We are traveling with extended family next June - total of 21 we have 6 JS, 2 GS, and 1 OS booked for the crew. Dining arrangements are for traditional dining in the dining room - to allow all of us to eat together as a family (thinking about coordinating dining for 21 via dynamic dining puts me in panic mode!!)

Though we are all at least Diamond Status it's inconvenient that we won't all have access to the same lounges, perks etc. However having access to the CK would be a HUGE advantage. We are celebrating my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary and it would be nice to make arrangements to have at least one dinner together in the CK to have a bit of a more special dinner celebration for them.

As in June 2016? If so, you'll likely have to coordinate DD for you all...

Hi, could someone please post a link to the new deck plans after dry dock, can't find them anywhere. Thanks in advance, Ed.

Here is a URL that will get you a PDF deck plan of deck 17. You can modify it for the other decks:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AL/2015-apr/al_deck17_v2015_apr.pdf

Allure is in drydock right now for the next 2 weeks (in Cadiz Spain)...then it heads into a summer of cruises out of Barcelona & Rome before returning in the fall to Ft. Lauderdale. We'll be on Allure in Barcelona at the end of this month, a few weeks after drydock.

Being cheeky, I am on the cruise in October this year. I would love your feedback on what you did at the ports we stop at. Any details that you are willing to share I would love to hear. I am trying to organize my husband and I. We are a young couple..LOL in our middle sixties. I would love to hear even stuff like what shoes to wear, time needed to get from ships to place. formal nights, type of dining.

As I said I am being cheeky, and only if you have the time :)

I thought it was confirmed, but I could be wrong that Sabor was replacing Rita's Cantina, which IMO would be an improvement.

That's correct Bill.
Just an FYI... Sabor on the Oasis and I'm assuming on the Allure has/will have ala carte pricing vs cover charge like on the Freedom/Navigator. Also, not quite as fancy as Freedom/Navigator but will probably still eat there at least once or twice while onboard.

Tim

As in June 2016? If so, you'll likely have to coordinate DD for you all...

Well, Royal dd announce that they would maintain some form of Classic Dining on each ship (thanks to the major push back re: DD) so we are fairly confident that it will still be an option next June. We actually debated for a while whether we should book Allure or Freedom simply because of dining options. Fingers crossed - coordinating DD for 21 people ranging from toddlers to Senior citizens would be a total buzz kill......UGH

The new DL will not have exactly the same perks as the old CL did. The new DL will have the cocktail hour and snacks in the evening, and the 24 hour complimentary specialty coffee. However, it will not have the made to order breakfast and lunch that the old Allure CL had.

Suites Lounge will also have the cocktail hour, snacks, and specialty coffee. However, it has some food items during the day that are not offered in the DL. Not exactly sure, because the Suites Lounge is right next to Coastal Kitchen and I'm unclear exactly what is provided by each venue.

I"m on the oasis right now (in the solarium) and I LOVE the new suites lounge where the viking crown lounge used to be. It seems like Royal is doing more for suite guests now that pay up (I am in the crown loft suite).

I"m on the oasis right now (in the solarium) and I LOVE the new suites lounge where the viking crown lounge used to be. It seems like Royal is doing more for suite guests now that pay up (I am in the crown loft suite).

Can you tell us if they serve any food/snacks in the suite lounge?

We were on Oasis last week and thought the changes were a net positive for us. I LOVED the new DL location in the old CL. I realize not everyone will agree, but I thought the new space was a significant upgrade and love the Boardwalk view in general. The DL was no more than 1/2 full at any time I was there pre-late seating dinner, and most nights was no more than 1/3 full. Nowhere near the crowds I feared. Adding Dog House to Oasis was also a plus (I realize Allure already has it), and Sabor was so good we ate there 3 times. Delicious.

I'm glad to hear that they're following the same program on Allure.

Can you tell us if they serve any food/snacks in the suite lounge?

Yes they do, morning noon and evening. There is some down time for clean up/ change out etc..

When we ate in CK if we wanted something from the SL side the waiters would just walk over and get it for us or bring it from the kitchen. Sometimes it paid to go look at what they were serving on the SL side.

Edited by setsail

Hi

Do you know if they are letting JS passengers in to Coastal Kitchen at any point? Breakfast/lunch/dinner or are they sticking to purely GS and above & Pinnacle guests.

Thanks