Come on now ......

Tongs/serving spoons in the buffets are the worst in the bacteria department.

Then Pull a Jack Nicholson "as sgood as it gets" and bring your own serving spoons. I bring my own coffee mug, because I always find lipstick on mine.

OP - I understand what you are saying about the elevator but it is very difficult for us to take full advantage of the Unlimited Drink Package and then take the stairs.
See, now that is funny! Most people wanted to rake my eyes out at first and now there are some that agree with me and probably more that won't admit it. I am not dumping on people that are elderly, feable, sick or have medical conditions when it comes to the elevator. I'm talking to those who are simply too lazy to take the stairs one flight ten feet away. You know who you are and you might be taking the last two spots from some who may need it. You are not required to explain your medical condition if you have one. Our room was on three and never once did me, the wife , not my two young children take the elevator even up two flights to the promenade. Why? Out of courtesy to those who actually needed the elevator. Why some of you want to beat me up for speaking the truth is beyond me. Edited by tallnthensome

Our room was on three and never once did me, the wife , not my two young children take the elevator even up two flights to the promenade. Why? Out of courtesy to those who actually needed the elevator. .

Thank you kind sir :) From one that NEEDS the elevator!

The use of the elevators on a ship is NOT restricted to:

1. People going 2 or more floors

2. People with physical disabilities

3. People in wheelchairs

4. Elderly people

5. People with bad hips, joints, legs, knees, etc.

ANYONE can go take the elevator ANYTIME they want for ANY reason they want for as few floors as they want to. It is none of your concern. You are not owed an explanation nor do you deserve one. You haven't paid an additional fee for priority elevator access. You are the same as everyone else.

I think what would improve the service of the elevators would be for people to allow more people on each car. 4-6 people on an elevator is not a full elevator.

Those waiting: get on and squeeze in. Those already on: make some room for others please. :)

* note * - My use of the word "You" is meant to be generic and applies to people in general and no one specifically. :)

No, when they can run to catch it before the door closes while laughing and are 40 years old it's pretty easy to judge and call them lazy and more or less rude.

Lazy and rude for using an elevator they paid to use as anyone else did?:confused:

See, now that is funny! Most people wanted to rake my eyes out at first and now there are some that agree with me and probably more that won't admit it. I am not dumping on people that are elderly, feable, sick or have medical conditions when it comes to the elevator. I'm talking to those who are simply too lazy to take the stairs one flight ten feet away. You know who you are and you might be taking the last two spots from some who may need it. You are not required to explain your medical condition if you have one. Our room was on three and never once did me, the wife , not my two young children take the elevator even up two flights to the promenade. Why? Out of courtesy to those who actually needed the elevator. Why some of you want to beat me up for speaking the truth is beyond me.

I think people are beating you up because you stated your opinion, not the truth. Opinions and the truth are usually not the same thing unless you are God............. or a politician.;)

I fully agree. This argument always brings out the "you dont know me, I have bad.....so dont judge me" people and while they certainly have a point, the REAL truth is, about 80% of the people that use the elevator could take the stairs. Most of them NEED to take the stairs! So yes Im judging here.

Now people here can pile on me if they want to but I have to raise the BS flag on elevators full of 20s - 40s people or teenagers have disabling conditions that dont allow use of stairs. :rolleyes:

As a disabled, totally wheelchair bound passenger that can ONLY use the elevators, these are MY observations only. This is NOT something that ruins my cruise but only my observations. If I could get my legs back you would NEVER see me on another cruise ship elevator again! You can bet on that!

I wish you many happy cruisers, but,,,

Honestly it sounds like you are wasting time observing things that have no effect on you.:rolleyes:

The use of elevators on cruise ships is 'open to all the public' not just those who need them!:eek:

If you can't deal with the fact that people are going to do things that:

a) Gross you out

b) Insult your fashion sense

c) Irritate you

then it's time to find an alternative to a mass market cruise line.

The use of the elevators on a ship is NOT ANYONE can go take the elevator ANYTIME they want for ANY reason they want for as few floors as they want to. It is none of your concern. Those waiting: get on and squeeze in. Those already on: make some room for others please. :)

I have to disagree. CAN anyone take an elevator anytine they want to? Sure. SHOULD they? Maybe not. I liken it to this....

Ever been in your car at a crosswalk waiting to make a right turn but someone is walking in the crosswalk so you have to wait for them to get across before you can make your turn? Happens to all of us. What drives me nutso is when the walker takes their jolly old time. Of course they have the right of way and they can walk at any pace they want to but for god's sake, PLEASE pick up the pace (even slightly) so I can make my turn. If I am the walker and I know someone is waiting for me to cross before they can turn I kick it up a notch. Just because you can walk at any pace you want to does not mean you should. This applies to many things in life including the current conversation.

Some things are just common courtesy and common courtesy is sadly what most people lack.

AND....if you are one of those people (and you know who you are) that stick your arm in the elevator to stop the door a half second before it is about to close??? Watch out! You need to wait for the next elevator!

Edited by Sascol

Just off the Indy on sunday:

People, please use the hand sanitizer stations in the windjammer and dining rooms. It's for yours and our protection. Don't just walk past them. These are the same people that poop and don't wash their hands I'll bet.

Unless you are 80, use a wheel chair, or a cane please feel free to walk up or down ONE deck using the stairs instead of stopping a full elevator full of people to be so lazy.

Please ditch your beat up Harley Davidson shirt and hockey jersey and show up in the main dining room looking presentable and show respect for once in your life... slobs.

In the Windjammer, don't stand around the buffett holding conversations with 10 of family members blocking traffic and food accessability. Go sit down and get out of the way.

Thanks ....

Welcome to Cruise Critic you sound like you belong here.:D;)

I wish you many happy cruisers, but,,,

Honestly it sounds like you are wasting time observing things that have no effect on you.:rolleyes:

The use of elevators on cruise ships is 'open to all the public' not just those who need them!:eek:

I never said they werent

What part of "this is NOT something that ruins my cruise" did you fail to comprehend?

And how can you say that my observations regarding the elevators are a waste of my time when elevator use VERY MUCH has effect on me? You dont even know me or my situation. Dont even pretend you do.

Edited by ryano

Knew I should have made popcorn when I first read this post last night!

In the future, as I enter an elevator, I will be sure to inform passengers of the medical condition that warrants my needing to ride one floor. And on those occasions when I am going more than one floor - I will be sure to smile and say HOW ADORABLE when the parents riding with young children allow them to push several buttons!!!!

I also think parents who are able bodied should fold up their strollers and carry them for the one flight of stairs!!!! LOL!

I will also be amused by those who purchased the unlimited drink package and stumble into the elevator and press several buttons due to the fact that they can't remember where they're going! LOL

:D:D:D

Edited by trvlmil

I'm 70 but look pretty healthy and am on the Indy right now. I got on an elevator on deck nine and pushed the button for fourteen. Some loud mouth woman in the back said "I don't know why people can't walk one or two flights of stairs instead of crowding in the elevators." Well lady, I have Rheumatoid arthritis and my feet and knees are a mess. I would gladly trade my joints for yours, but you can keep your rude ignorant mouth. Try minding your own business and keep your miserable thoughts to yourself.

i'm 70 but look pretty healthy and am on the indy right now. I got on an elevator on deck nine and pushed the button for fourteen. Some loud mouth woman in the back said "i don't know why people can't walk one or two flights of stairs instead of crowding in the elevators." well lady, i have rheumatoid arthritis and my feet and knees are a mess. I would gladly trade my joints for yours, but you can keep your rude ignorant mouth. Try minding your own business and keep your miserable thoughts to yourself.

God bless you!

Edited by trvlmil

I'm 70 but look pretty healthy and am on the Indy right now. I got on an elevator on deck nine and pushed the button for fourteen. Some loud mouth woman in the back said "I don't know why people can't walk one or two flights of stairs instead of crowding in the elevators." Well lady, I have Rheumatoid arthritis and my feet and knees are a mess. I would gladly trade my joints for yours, but you can keep your rude ignorant mouth. Try minding your own business and keep your miserable thoughts to yourself.

Oh I got groans, sighs, and the like a couple of times on my last cruise when I let more people on the elevator and made people make room. One time there were 6 of us total in the elevator and they were acting like there was no room to let this lady in a wheelchair on. I told that lady "you're definitely getting on this elevator even if I have to get off". (I did not have to)

I worked on the 31st, 32nd, 34th, 35th, and 36th floor of a building before and took both the stairs and elevators a lot during my time there. You kind of learn to pack em in and get along in those situations. :)

As the original poster I must add that I suffer from psoriatic arthritis in my feet, knees, hip and back. I also have post tibial tendonitis and plantar fascittis. I say this to let you all know that I'm not in the best shape for stairs either but still take them. I should have mentioned this earlier so I am sympathetic to others with ailments..... just not to the healthy lazy elevator riders that like to ride 10ft.

First and foremost... those sanitizing stations are BS! If they can add on decks, and flow riders, and a bunch of pay restaurants, they could easily put 20-30 hand washing stations at the entrance of the windjammer, and actually do something meaningful towards stopping the spread of illness.

Next... I am 39, and can easily walk up a couple decks, or down 12 of em. However, if I simply don't want to.. who the heck are you to say otherwise? There is no rule that someone must be taking more than 1 deck if able bodied. It certainly does not make me rude, or inconsiderate. Also, on your later post... why would someone running for the elevator and laughing irritate you so much? Sounds like you need to be more concerned with what you are doing, rather than what everyone else is doing.

As far as the way people dress in the dining room.. I am NEVER bothered.. Why? Because, if there is something I do not like to see... I simply do not look at it. That is my adult attitude. For the record, I couldn't care less what people wear, as I try to get to know the actual people around me... NOT the clothing they are wearing.

People have tried... even on this last cruise that I just got back from. They start saying things like "Can you believe...," or "Did you see...," or "This is not like in my time..."

Well, apparently they are always expecting me to agree. This cruise was about boots in the dining room to which I said "If what others are wearing is bothering you so much, don't you think it would be better to just stay in your own home?" They stopped talking to me, which I was grateful for, and they will likely keep it to themselves next time, or come on to an anonymous board where they can show the world what little class they have, without revealing who they really are. :rolleyes:

I like you, Mike!!! You seem to have that commodity that is in such short supply these days - Common Sense! Hope we meet you on a cruise one day!

As the original poster I must add that I suffer from psoriatic arthritis in my feet, knees, hip and back. I also have post tibial tendonitis and plantar fascittis. I say this to let you all know that I'm not in the best shape for stairs either but still take them. I should have mentioned this earlier so I am sympathetic to others with ailments..... just not to the healthy lazy elevator riders that like to ride 10ft.

Just for fun :)

Just curious if you are Medical doctor? If so, what specialty is it that you practice that allows you to simply look at someone and determine their current health condition with any examination or testing? When I was a kid we always seen those X-Ray glasses in the back of comic books. Do you have some sort of special X-Ray/MRI/CT glasses or something like that?

Finally, did you walk or bike from Michigan to Fort Lauderdale or did you take the LAZY way out and fly or drive? LOL

This is a stupid thread. The OP should charter a yacht next time so he shouldn't have to deal with us rude peasants. I'm sure the OP is perfect in every way at least in their own mind. Probably another VIP diamond in an interior.. Haha.

Just for fun :)

Just curious if you are Medical doctor? If so, what specialty is it that you practice that allows you to simply look at someone and determine their current health condition with any examination or testing?

I am an orthopedic surgeon, a mean spirited one apparently.

and lets not forget the individuals in their wheelchairs or using walkers, they should be allowed on first.

why? and I am serious, why should a wheelchair go first? that person is more comfortable than I am standing there unable to breathe.