Upsell fairy called...

The upsell emails say a price per person to upgrade, but every time I called it is just for the first two people in the room. So if it says $500 per person and there are 4 people it is only $1,000 for the upgrade. They let you keep the promotion you originally booked with, but do not add any more to it. If you want to try the suite life wait for the upsell emails and call everyday when they open until you get the price you can live with. We just sailed in a 2 bedroom villa and loved it!

We just received an upgrade offer today.

When I called, the representative, who spoke terrible English, did not seem interested in talking to me, but just brushed me off. I guess it must have been her coffee break time.

Actually, unless they could have done much better on price, we would have refused their offer. We do not spend that much time in the canin, and their initial offer was not very exciting.

I got the upsell email the other day... I am in a spa balcony now... was offered 2 bedroom haven for $1500pp (NO WAY) or a spa haven balcony for $1000pp or a penthouse haven for $750pp. Too much. I would want to go for spa since i have spa balcony now... not thinking Haven is worth an additional 2k...

I got the upsell email the other day... I am in a spa balcony now... was offered 2 bedroom haven for $1500pp (NO WAY) or a spa haven balcony for $1000pp or a penthouse haven for $750pp. Too much. I would want to go for spa since i have spa balcony now... not thinking Haven is worth an additional 2k...

WOW! Haven is nice but for that price you can go on another cruise.

Got the email today for 7/5 departure for balcony upgrade 300.00 pp from OV on the pearl. Declined. Called and that's the best they could do. Website shows balcony sold out. I would do it for less, but for now staying put.

So 300.00 per person is a good deal? I already have a midship OV. Is it really worth the 600.00??

Depends where your base line is and what the cost would have been to upgrade when you booked(obviously not worth it then).

If the upgrade total cost is at the level you would have probably booked the cabin at the time then probably yes.

Perhaps that is something we should think about when booking,

what price would we book the next grades up if it was cheaper than it is now.

On the Jewel 6/28, received an upsell offer, went from OX obstructed (frosted window) to SF 9502 front of ship penthouse for 750.00pp extra. Since we only paid 815.00pp including UBP for the oceanview and the suites were going for 2500.00pp we took it. Hope the front balcony will be great for glacier viewing!:p