EZ Air Newbie to Alaska

I know this is going to be moved...

We have a flight on embarkation day (yes, I know!) arriving in Seattle at 12:30 p.m. To ensure better chances to make the ship, I have Princess insurance, EZ Air and Princess transfers.

How do I get the Alaska Airlines boarding passes? Also, how is the weather, normally, end of August, beginning of September?

One more question, we are in Tracy Arm from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Will the Sanctuary be open at that time? Brrr... I know that will be cold! What approximate times for sunrises and sunsets?

This will be my first time to Alaska, I'm very excited!

Thank you all!

I know this is going to be moved...

We have a flight on embarkation day (yes, I know!) arriving in Seattle at 12:30 p.m. To ensure better chances to make the ship, I have Princess insurance, EZ Air and Princess transfers.

FYI - if you do miss the ship in Seattle, you will not be allowed to board the ship in any of the Alaska ports due to PSA. Technically, you could board the ship the last evening in Victoria but that would be it.

Edited by Coral

FYI - if you do miss the ship in Seattle, you will not be allowed to board the ship in any of the Alaska ports due to PSA. Technically, you could board the ship the last evening in Victoria but that would be it.

Thanks. That's why I have the insurance and EZ Air. However, we may consider arriving a day early.. if we can.

Thanks. That's why I have the insurance and EZ Air. However, we may consider arriving a day early.. if we can.

I wasn't sure if you were purchasing that combination trying to ensure that Princess would get you to the next port if you missed the ship which, legally, they can't. The cruise is pretty much scrapped if you miss the ship.

Edited by Coral

How do I get the Alaska Airlines boarding passes?

We booked Princess EZ Air last year to Seattle on Alaska Airlines. We simply went to the Alaska Airlines website and used the booking number to select seats, check in, and print boarding passes.

If you download the Alaska Airlines app, you can check in with the cell phone, and they scan the phone for the boarding pass. Lots of other info like tracking flight, gate numbers, seat assignments etc.

Thanks!

I wound up changing my flight for a 9:45 a.m. arrival to Seattle... this should leave us more than enough time!

You probably have heard the great sighs of relief from those reading this post.

Good decision to change the flight.

You probably have heard the great sighs of relief from those reading this post.

Good decision to change the flight.

I'm very happy having switched! My husband is going to be very unhappy having to get up at 4:30 a.m.!!!! But peace of mind....

I wound up changing my flight for a 9:45 a.m. arrival to Seattle... this should leave us more than enough time!

If you're getting transfers to the pier, that's a good time to arrive as I believe the first bus leaves the terminal for the pier about 10 in the morning which puts you arriving at the pier at about 10:45 or so (depending on traffic.)

Tom

Thanks!

DH and I are flying in on the same day of embarkation in San Francisco @ 8:00 AM for our Alaska cruise. We also have Princess transfers.

We have done this before in Los Angeles and it worked out just fine. They meet you @ the baggage area and off you go!:) No worries..BE HAPPY!!

Piece of cake! :D

That should put you on one of the first shuttle's to the pier (assuming that you're taking the shuttle of course) as I think they start leaving from SeaTac about 10am. Please make sure that your travel docs are on your person and not in your bags. We had at least one person who left their birth certificate in their luggage and I don't know if they found it in time to board the ship or not. Did have some people whose flight was delayed arriving at SeaTac also and they did not make it to the pier on time!

Tom

We took that same cruise in the past and flew into Seattle on the day of embarkation. We had purchased the Princess transfer. The Princess representative met us at the bagging claim area. Unfortunately, one of our suitcases did not. The Princess rep told us he would go ahead and put us on the bus to the ship and he would collect our missing bag as it was coming in on a later flight. Fortunately, we had put our Princess luggage tags on our suitcases before leaving home and it was easy for him to spot when it came in later. It was delivered to our cabin before dinner that evening.

Thanks Tom! We always have our travel documents in our carryon...

We've also decided to fly in the day before. We'll be staying at the Warwick...

Hi Nina: so glad to hear you decided to fly in a day early. Smart move.

Sorry you and Norm won't be joining us on the South Pacific cruise this fall. Alaska will make up for it, believe me. It's gorgeous.

Happy cruising!

Jan

Hi Nina: so glad to hear you decided to fly in a day early. Smart move.

Sorry you and Norm won't be joining us on the South Pacific cruise this fall. Alaska will make up for it, believe me. It's gorgeous.

Happy cruising!

Jan

Thanks Jan! I'm really sorry about the South Pacific one but... I'm very excited about Alaska! My husband, not so much, but he'll come around.

I look forward to seeing you at the pier. If you see a guy wearing a black baseball cap there, that'll probably be me. (got a LOT of sun the first weekend and I've got no hair to protect my head! :o

Tom

My husband will have a type of cowboy hat... we'll plan on arriving at the pier after 11:00 a.m. See you there! Will you be cruising with us? Thank you for all your help, on this thread and on the other one...

Edited by Working 2 Cruise