Any idea how RCCL handles unsold premium cabins?s

It's harder to upsell JS to crown and anchor members as most of us know there will be no extra points for suites that is acquired via an upsell. Plus JS has no suite perks.

I thought the rule was that if you paid something for the upgrade to the JS you got the double points?

Anyway, if I were in a balcony, double points or not, I'd likely still take the JS. It's really a much nicer room. Feels more like a hotel room.

I thought the rule was that if you paid something for the upgrade to the JS you got the double points?...

Not any more. If you pay less than the published price, no extra points.

Just got off phone with Marissa in resolutions. Upgraded to JS for $943. Last night C&A still wanted $2,700 even though GGG price was $3,380. On a side note, you could get the JS as a solo for $2,300. That was my backup until Marissa called this morning. Oh, and I got an Aft.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update- the RS was available for several weeks before our May 16 sailing. It was priced at about $5600 pp for awhile, making its way down to ~$4500 pp right before sailing.

It was offered as the bingo prize on Day 2 (at sea).

There are a bunch of things that happen to unsold suites. They offer them to C and A folks for a charge, they offer to other preferred folks (I heard of seniors and Florida residents) for a up charge. They bump lower cabin folks up, they offer as a prize, they offer a cheap upgrade when you check in at pier. Or with RS or PS I have seen them empty.

I have been upgraded from JS to GS no charge. I saw there were a lot of GS and we had cruised a lot on Royal, always in suites. So I just was patient and true enough, got the free upgrade last cruise. I also have a great TA who is one of the top agents in the country and a good friend, so that likely helped too!

Once took advantage of an upgrade to bigger suite for $100 pp for entire cruise. That was just from a random phone call or email from RCI.

Once got an upgrade from JS to OS (bigger jump) on a 2 week cruise for a few hundred dollars at the pier checking in. Met a person who bought the PS at the pier for not much that same cruise. It was one of those cruises that was not very full with many suites open.

I think the key is brand loyalty, patience and a whole lot of luck.

I just checked on my trans-atlantics. One of them has 25 JS, 14 GS, and 2 OS still open. I've updated my royal profile for an automatic upgrade and will be on top of my points to get them to push me between levels prior to the sailing. Anything else I can prep? Someone to call to get on an upsell list? :D

I just checked on my trans-atlantics. One of them has 25 JS, 14 GS, and 2 OS still open. I've updated my royal profile for an automatic upgrade and will be on top of my points to get them to push me between levels prior to the sailing. Anything else I can prep? Someone to call to get on an upsell list? :D

If you ask C&A they will say there in no list that they can access, just make sure you have upgrade checked on profile

That would of been a blast

100 pts $300 dropped in a $5 spin at max bet of $50, 6 spins a winner:D

Could of won that RS in less than a minute:eek:

Happy Days!

It was a raffle of (100 credit) players. And according to reports, the older, Spanish speaking lady that won it, had no idea what she had won. :D;):)