Deck Chair Warnings Poolside

MGK

On the Summit last week their was no enforcement by the pool people of a time frame saving chairs. People were out early to save chairs. Saw a fight as people had saved chairs, did not return for hours and when they did someone was in them, the savers seemed to feel very entitled and chased away a man in a wheel chair and wife. Later it rained on them. What goes around comes around. The pool deck is a big turnoff for me on mass market lines.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

On the Summit last week their was no enforcement by the pool people of a time frame saving chairs. People were out early to save chairs. Saw a fight as people had saved chairs, did not return for hours and when they did someone was in them, the savers seemed to feel very entitled and chased away a man in a wheel chair and wife. Later it rained on them. What goes around comes around. The pool deck is a big turnoff for me on mass market lines.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

omg I so agree!! We never even try to sit pool side, even if there were plenty of open chairs, (which there never are!) It's too noisy there, too crowded, and I'm sorry to say it, but a "different" type of folk. We prefer quieter areas of the ship on upper decks or in the shade. Or better yet on our own balcony while sipping smoothies!

Edited by Cruisen'Susan

Just so I know, what is the general consensus to which makes you a chair hog?

Once DW and I start running over 30 minutes for lunch I feel bad...or is that not even acceptable??

I understood that 30 mins is within the rules posted on the ship - but could be wrong - again [emoji32][emoji636][emoji485]

The smartest people stay out of the sun anyway. I never see the "tan" that so many seem to be proud of...just skin damage.

I thought she was talking about male speedos :eek: on those who have no business wearing them.

If I see no pax coming back to their "chair" after 45 min. I simply remove their stuff & that's it. If they come back(which surprisingly none seem to)I'll simply tell them to go find the pool butler, as that's who I hand the stuff off to.

I don't understand why more people don't just move the stuff aside (or give to pool attendant) and just shrug if people return: "Nothing here when I came...."

New policy comes into play June 1st fleet wide.

Apparently sone of the Cel X head honchos were at the Masters at Augusta in April, and picked up some tips.

The patrons at Augusta can place their seat in an allowed area and then come and go as they please. No one is allowed to move the chair or sit on it.

Not sure that it will work well on the boat , but we should all embrace change I suppose [emoji15]

Edited by gcgold

I think it's now at the point of being a cultural thing I don't see it ever changing. You had 30 minutes on our last Princess cruise but people still just ignored it and plenty were doing the old one in the sun and one in the shade thing, they could not have cared less that some people could not find a chair. When things were removed the pool staff were getting dogs abuse, I even saw a women that must have been 75 years old lying across three chairs to stop a young couple using two of them. It's not about rules it's about changing people's mentality and let's be honest if you don't care about anyone else but yourself you're not going to change.

Edited by yorkyred

I think it's now at the point of being a cultural thing I don't see it ever changing. You had 30 minutes on our last Princess cruise but people still just ignored it and plenty were doing the old one in the sun and one in the shade thing, they could not have cared less that some people could not find a chair. When things were removed the pool staff were getting dogs abuse, I even saw a women that must have been 75 years old lying across three chairs to stop a young couple using two of them. It's not about rules it's about changing people's mentality and let's be honest if you don't care about anyone else but yourself you're not going to change.

If there was a 'like' button I would have pressed it for this post [emoji295]️[emoji568][emoji41]

Edited by gcgold

Unbelievable!!!! No wonder people let these rude ignoramuses (spelling?) get sway with their behavior! And no wonder the pool staff are afraid to enforce the rules.... Geesh!!

Unbelievable!!!! No wonder people let these rude ignoramuses (spelling?) get sway with their behavior! And no wonder the pool staff are afraid to enforce the rules.... Geesh!!

Agree totally wiv the sentiment of the post. [emoji41][emoji41]

Being from England I should really know the answer but I dont. :mad: Is it ignoramuses or ignorami :confused: [emoji636][emoji636][emoji485][emoji485][emoji482]:

Edited by gcgold

Agree totally wiv the sentiment of the post. [emoji41][emoji41]

Being from England I should really know the answer but I dont. :mad: Is it ignoramuses or ignorami :confused: [emoji636][emoji636][emoji485][emoji485][emoji482]:

haha both spellings are correct and both fit the description of the aformentioned chair hogs.

plural ig·no·ra·mus·es also ig·no·ra·mi

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignoramus

haha both spellings are correct and both fit the description of the aformentioned chair hogs.

plural ig·no·ra·mus·es also ig·no·ra·mi

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignoramus

Not sure about this merriam-webster reference, think it is for slang versions of our beloved language.:eek:

did a search on 'color' and it returned a definition. No such word in English , its colour ;);):eek:

Not sure about this merriam-webster reference, think it is for slang versions of our beloved language.:eek:

did a search on 'color' and it returned a definition. No such word in English , its colour ;);):eek:

Whether it's slang or the Queen's English, a rose is a rose by any other name.... and the shoe fits! More slang for ya!!

Whether it's slang or the Queen's English' date=' a rose is a rose by any other name.... and the shoe fits! More slang for ya!![/quote']

Marvellous retort. :D

What Colour is the said rose perchance ?[emoji636][emoji636][emoji636][emoji636][emoji636][emoji41][emoji41][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Edited by gcgold

X needs a great plan to stop the hogs of pool lounges .

Imo a 30 minute absence is too long to place a sign that a persons belongings have been placed aside :o.See the pool butler thing . Best if 15 minutes at max for that sign to go on the lounge;)

X needs a great plan to stop the hogs of pool lounges .

Imo a 30 minute absence is too long to place a sign that a persons belongings have been placed aside :o.See the pool butler thing . Best if 15 minutes at max for that sign to go on the lounge;)

dont necessarily disagree with the post.

I am wondering what the current rules are ( in theory as they are rarely implented)

Edited by gcgold

people still just ignored it and plenty were doing the old one in the sun and one in the shade thing, ....

Easy answer here [emoji12]

Put them on 'Tour of British Isles' Cruise - they wont be able to have one in the sun and one in the shade then !

[emoji636][emoji636][emoji636][emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️

@hlitner why do you assume that the lady who told you was a suite guest who feels entitled? This is prejudiced. I have sailed in a a suite and have enjoyed the amenities that come with this booking. I have sailed in an inside cabin and enjoyed myself just as much. I prefer the suite. I also like saving money or booking a verandah to sit with friends and family in MDR. BUT, I am the same considerate person no matter what cabin I book.

There are rude people in all categories, but there are more kind considerate people. Who wants to read I had a good time and everyone was nice?

I was on the cruise with the person complaining about the chair hogs. He was right. It was rampant. However, he is also a whiner who exaggerated other situations. His table mates informed me of his other tirades and imagined slights.

Yes, Suite passengers receive and enjoy certain amenities. Never once did I not enjoy a cruise when I didn't receive those amenities because I didn't pay for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently completed cruises on both the Celebrity Equinox and them the RCCL Allure of the Seas.

To my surprise I found that on Celebrity, many people were downright arrogant, reserving large number of seats at the pool, for their husbands and friends, who would take up to one hour to appear. Many of the seats were also covered with a towel, or a paperback novel to show that an individual had "reserved this."

Chair Hogs were also in operation at the buffet, often placing a purse or book on a table. I had sat down at one table and 1/2 hour later a woman appeared with a try of food and pulled out a chair with her purse on it, stating that this had reserved the table. Needless to say, I and my family, continued to eat and did not move.

In the nightclub, again, individuals would try to reserve large number of seats for friends and relatives.

On the Allure, to our surprise, we did not find this to be a problem. I think that RCCL was more effective in monitoring the problem of Chair Hogs.

I recently completed cruises on both the Celebrity Equinox and them the RCCL Allure of the Seas.

To my surprise I found that on Celebrity, many people were downright arrogant, reserving large number of seats at the pool, for their husbands and friends, who would take up to one hour to appear. Many of the seats were also covered with a towel, or a paperback novel to show that an individual had "reserved this."

Chair Hogs were also in operation at the buffet, often placing a purse or book on a table. I had sat down at one table and 1/2 hour later a woman appeared with a try of food and pulled out a chair with her purse on it, stating that this had reserved the table. Needless to say, I and my family, continued to eat and did not move.

In the nightclub, again, individuals would try to reserve large number of seats for friends and relatives.

On the Allure, to our surprise, we did not find this to be a problem. I think that RCCL was more effective in monitoring the problem of Chair Hogs.

i can assure anyone that there will not be any chair hogs in the cel X nightclub Qasar [emoji12][emoji636][emoji636][emoji636][emoji574]️[emoji634][emoji634][emoji634][emoji568][emoji568][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji481]