Room service menu

wndmom

sorry but newbie here with a quick question...I know that room service is no longer free. So the food is not an extra charge just the delivery charge right?

Most food is complimentary but there are some speciality items that are for fee - as shown at the bottom of the menu in the images linked in the another thread.

Boring-there is nothing on that menu I wish to eat! I don't mind chicken, but seriously where are the vegetables or salad. It's not like under the new regime I can go to the buffet and bring them back to the cabin to eat with a room service meal. If they seriously want us to pay for room service maybe they have to provide better food! Now I know why I've never ordered room service before!

Boring-there is nothing on that menu I wish to eat! I don't mind chicken, but seriously where are the vegetables or salad. It's not like under the new regime I can go to the buffet and bring them back to the cabin to eat with a room service meal. If they seriously want us to pay for room service maybe they have to provide better food! Now I know why I've never ordered room service before!

There are 3 different options for a salad - chicken caesar, greek, or cobb. I'm sure any one of those can be modified to make it edible for you.

There are 3 different options for a salad - chicken caesar, greek, or cobb. I'm sure any one of those can be modified to make it edible for you.

I have lots of food intolerances and don't eat mayonnaise or any sorts of dressing so those three salads are out. I prefer to make my salad up at the buffet with no dressing what so ever. I also eat plain steamed vegetables. I don't eat white bread either. Only seeded, grainy type bread. Hot dogs make me very ill and deep fried food like the fish. Besides life's too short to eat food I don't like or it makes me ill or stomach cramps especially for a fee.

I have lots of food intolerances and don't eat mayonnaise or any sorts of dressing so those three salads are out. I prefer to make my salad up at the buffet with no dressing what so ever. I also eat plain steamed vegetables. I don't eat white bread either. Only seeded, grainy type bread. Hot dogs make me very ill and deep fried food like the fish. Besides life's too short to eat food I don't like or it makes me ill or stomach cramps especially for a fee.

The menu is much better now than it was before the charge! My dd has celiac, so she eats a lot of salads at restaurants. Romaine, chicken, oil and vinegar (lots of dressing has gluten). I'm sure they could make what you want.

ETA - wow, I remember being on the Breakaway, and there was really nothing she could order from room service. The buffet was in between lunch and dinner, and she was starving. There is so much on the new menu she can eat! Salad, chicken, steak, fish... I have no problem paying a surcharge. As it was, we paid $5 for a gluten free pizza that took an hour.

Edited by mjkacmom

Just saw a menu someone posted from the Getaway. It's just the breakfast menu but is different than the one above. The one above shows a $4.95 convenience charge when it is actually $7.95. Is it old? On the attached, cereal is not free.

Getaway.jpg.2d36502ead36d6e2b0b86fd173c42427.jpg

Edited by Donna_In_India

Just saw a menu someone posted from the Getaway. It's just the breakfast menu but is different than the one above. The one above shows a $4.95 convenience charge when it is actually $7.95. Is it old? On the attached, cereal is not free.

That might have been the 'testing' menu. I say that because now the RS fee is $7.95 everywhere

Harriet

Can you still order coffee, cereal, and danishes without the service charge?

Yes. 630 - 10 am for breads, coffee, some juices.

No cereal, fruit, yogurt

Edited by LMaxwell

Since you have the room service fee now, does that mean its going to cost 12.00 for a pizza?

It's now a 10" pizza delivered only to the stateroom for $7.95 as a convenience, whereas last month/before - a 16" pizza for $5 delivered anywhere on the ship. Can't speak to whether it's really $9.38 with 18% gratuity since our "gang" on the Getaway just got back today, and never impressed with ship pizza to begin with.

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

Harriet's RSMenu1 is in Adobe PDF format (not *.JPG) so your smart/iphone might need a plug-in enabled or standalone APP to read it correctly, or try a different mobile browser

send from my Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk