Promenade cabin on Freedom

Look at this link, someone posted it a while back and it shows pictures of the promenade rooms on the Freedom with room numbers so you can see where yours is located in relation to the shops and such.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1860809

Other than that, all I know is that you can only put 2 people in them.

We have been on Freedom two time both in PR cabins. We were on deck seven ( I believe). We like the cabin. I would check the deck plan and not book a cabin above a venue that has music, just in case you might hear it in your cabin. Another thing, make sure your close your curtains while changing your clothes, so soothers don't see you. There is a window seat that is nice for people watching.

We love them. Have stayed in 3 of them and have our kids and their spouses booked in two in December. A little extra room and you get love seat and a window seat. We love deck 8. They are quiet and heavy curtains make room pitch black at night.

We will sail on March 6, 2016 and have booked a promenade cabin. Does anyone have information on that category cabin?

I stayed in one on Indy in Feb15. Its sliglgt shorter in length than a balcony room but FEELS open due to the large window. nice having the large couch area around the window. Its thick glass and only noticed noise through it when they had the parade but no noise any other time. The room exceeded our expectations and we usually get balconies.

We booked another PR room on our November cruise due to the price being so low. We booked deck 7 (2 up from Promenade) so not RIGHT above the street and near FWD stairwell for good stairwell access up and down.

Edited by Deptacon

Pr's seem a wee bit smaller, but all is made up for with the window and window seat. Great for parade watching if it is too crowded on the Promenade. I would check to see what my room was over if you are on deck 6. Being over the Pub can be a little noisy if you go to bed early. Being over one of the shops is a great place since they close early. Enjoy your cabin; they are really fun

ImageUploadedByForums1431442117.368328.jpg.868a96b678a7a87e7f0541a64f1718aa.jpg

I took this photo on Liberty a few weeks ago. We are booked on Indy next year in promenades and wanted to take a quick peek on turnaround day.

Edited by Jenhem31

[ATTACH]349091[/ATTACH]

I took this photo on Liberty a few weeks ago. We are booked on Indy next year in promenades and wanted to take a quick peek on turnaround day.

Thank you for the picture. Is it possible for someone to sit in the window couch and people watch while having the curtain closed around them while someone else in the cabin is getting dressed? It looks like the curtain closes over the top of the couch and you'd have to leave it open to enjoy the seat, but I can't really tell.

Thank you for the picture. Is it possible for someone to sit in the window couch and people watch while having the curtain closed around them while someone else in the cabin is getting dressed?.

I dont see how that would be possible. Here is a little bigger pic. Of course if you got a PR it would not be near this big as this one is accessible.

11081465_10204175025631501_4031257037334315873_n.jpg?oh=a6445efcc1d45cf7a8e11a20bbb60f61&oe=55D87715

I dont see how that would be possible. Here is a little bigger pic. Of course if you got a PR it would not be near this big as this one is accessible.

11081465_10204175025631501_4031257037334315873_n.jpg?oh=a6445efcc1d45cf7a8e11a20bbb60f61&oe=55D87715

Thanks! I wonder why they don't put the curtain on the outside of that window frame so people can hang out and people watch with it closed so others in the room can still have privacy.

We were in a PR on AOS las year, just up from the cafe promenade, didn't hear any noise at all, and really liked the open feel it had about it. The window seat was great for watching what was going on down there!, I think we were deck 8.

Thank you for the picture. Is it possible for someone to sit in the window couch and people watch while having the curtain closed around them while someone else in the cabin is getting dressed? It looks like the curtain closes over the top of the couch and you'd have to leave it open to enjoy the seat, but I can't really tell.

I'm not sure. I just stood in the doorway and snapped a couple pics, I didn't go in the room. I didn't want the steward to catch me poking around!

You could. They would have to pull the curtain up over them. It iwould be messy, but possible.

had a promenade deck 8 two years ago on freedom. LOVED it - was able to watch parades from the room. We were down at the end over the pizza place.

CLOSE the curtains when you change clothes - I giggled the first day or two when I realized ppl were "stripping" with curtains open and you could see.

Take a clothespin or two to pin curtains together, but they are GOOD heavy curtains that block the light!

the window seat was nice and that little area was great for a little more space.

• 2 months later...
Looks like there is a skylight over promenade...true?

Can you tell if it's day or night while in your cabin?

There is no skylight over the Freedom class Royal Promenade. However, they do have a different style of lighting for day and night.

Looks like there is a skylight over promenade...true?

Can you tell if it's day or night while in your cabin?

As far as I remember, there is no skylight. They do change the promenade lighting to brighter in the day , while toning it down at night.

:D Bob beat me by a few seconds

Edited by APDMOM
PS

Here is a picture of a typical PR:

DSCN7420_zps21038b84.jpeg

Edited by APDMOM