Any News on Bermuda Dredging?

In today's Royal Gazette dredging to begin end of October

http://mobile.royalgazette.com/article/20151021/NEWS/151029914

Glad that they finally made it official. I never understood the people here who were convinced it wasn't going to happen and that cruises would have to be changed and were getting people concerned about their cruises.

Edited by MisterBill99

So the dredging is happening and Anthem has Dreamworks. Do you have anything else to worry people about?

Attention CC Members! We have a new threat! We've been placed on High @$$hole alert!

Be on the lookout for @$$hole MisterBill99!

He's posing as someone that knows it all. Description: Looks like Napoleon and has little man syndrome.

I think that about covers it...

lol.... guess he should be careful what he asks for next time! ;)

Not gonna happen. I'm continue to call out people who make dire warnings that make at least one person publicly state that they are thinking of switching their cruise to NCL because they were convinced that their Anthem cruise to Bermuda will be cancelled/changed. I hope that person stuck with Anthem!

Not gonna happen. I'm continue to call out people who make dire warnings that make at least one person publicly state that they are thinking of switching their cruise to NCL because they were convinced that their Anthem cruise to Bermuda will be cancelled/changed. I hope that person stuck with Anthem!

Yep - re-reading the posts, that's what they sound like- dire warnings.

Someone give little man the Oscar for best lead dramatic actor.

Sound the alarms! This is dire!!!

People starving, wide spread health epidemics are dire.

I'd love to read your piece on Ebola crisis in Africa.

If you use dire in this instance, how do you describe something of that magnitude?

Yep - re-reading the posts, that's what they sound like- dire warnings.

Someone give little man the Oscar for best lead dramatic actor.

Sound the alarms! This is dire!!!

People starving, wide spread health epidemics are dire.

I'd love to read your piece on Ebola crisis in Africa.

If you use dire in this instance, how do you describe something of that magnitude?

You and others were claiming that because the CEO of Royal had not had the decency to post here (or maybe you were expecting him to contact you directly) that the dredging was on, you were warning that it would not happen and they would have to switch the itineraries or ships, neither of which made sense. I believe that someone was even concerned that the arrival date of Anthem was approaching in saying that they were running out of time, rather than the actual deadline of the first cruise to Bermuda 6 months later.

Here's definition 2 of dire from dictionary.com. I'd say that telling people that their vacation plans may be thrown into disarray counts. I'm sorry if you do not agree.

2. indicating trouble, disaster, misfortune, or the like: dire predictions about the stock ...

You and others were claiming that because the CEO of Royal had not had the decency to post here (or maybe you were expecting him to contact you directly) that the dredging was on, you were warning that it would not happen and they would have to switch the itineraries or ships, neither of which made sense. I believe that someone was even concerned that the arrival date of Anthem was approaching in saying that they were running out of time, rather than the actual deadline of the first cruise to Bermuda 6 months later.

Here's definition 2 of dire from dictionary.com. I'd say that telling people that their vacation plans may be thrown into disarray counts. I'm sorry if you do not agree.

2. indicating trouble, disaster, misfortune, or the like: dire predictions about the stock ...

I'm going to agree to disagree. Nobody was warning anybody. There were several people that were concerned and who are allowed to feel that way.

At some level, these boards are designed to seek out information.

It has been noted that RC does look at these boards and people have gotten responses from RC as a result of these boards.

I don't see any issues with suggesting that it would be nice if RC would fill in the gaps where there are questions.

It's not that they owe anything to anybody, but given that several people were anxious about their investment in a vacation, it would have been good customer service.

You may disagree with those that were anxious, but in no way does any of that constitute an alarmist reaction.

I think you should read back through the posts here. There were concerns and questions, but nobody here ever represented their opinions as facts.

I'm going to agree to disagree.

Agreed.

I think you should read back through the posts here. There were concerns and questions, but nobody here ever represented their opinions as facts.

But people who appear to be knowledgeable and post their opinions may have them misinterpreted as fact by those who are anxious about the topic being discussed.

End of discussion. Everyone should be excited and possibly relieved that the dredging is being done.

Edited by MisterBill99

Agreed.

But people who appear to be knowledgeable and post their opinions may have them misinterpreted as fact by those who are anxious about the topic being discussed.

End of discussion. Everyone should be excited and possibly relieved that the dredging is being done.

Agreed

Everyone should be excited and possibly relieved that the dredging is being done.

Agreed! Now that we know we're going back to Bermuda in less than 8 months, we can concentrate on important things...

...do we go to Horseshoe Bay, maybe St. Georges, possibly sailing in the bay?:D

• 2 weeks later...