Visiting Tax

cocowills

Someone as just told me that they have had to pay to leave the ship in certain destinations around the med, any one else found this and if so how much and where.

Also has any one got a daily schedule for the eclipse sailing out of Southampton to the Med.

Port fees and taxes are built in to your cruise fare. I have never had to pay any increases after paying my fare in full. I have been refunded some when the fees were decreased or the ship had to cancel that port. When the fees were decreased they could have kept the money as there was no way to know that they were decreased.

Interesting though is if you look at the fees and taxes for a cruise they are the same for all passengers. The taxes are a fixed rate and not a percentage of what you pay. If you compare a 7 day Bermuda cruise the fees and taxes will be different for NCL and X even though they are both in the port the same days and dock area.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Venice has a tax. Greece is talking about implementing one but these are for people who sleep there on land.

We pay 2 euros something per day in Venice but I think that is after a few days 'free'.

Five more sleeps and I will be able to report direct!

Hurrah!

Port fees and taxes are built in to your cruise fare. I have never had to pay any increases after paying my fare in full. I have been refunded some when the fees were decreased or the ship had to cancel that port. When the fees were decreased they could have kept the money as there was no way to know that they were decreased.

Interesting though is if you look at the fees and taxes for a cruise they are the same for all passengers. The taxes are a fixed rate and not a percentage of what you pay. If you compare a 7 day Bermuda cruise the fees and taxes will be different for NCL and X even though they are both in the port the same days and dock area.

happy cruising

If you go on the Celebrity website, they show you the price of the cruise then port fees separately. Port fees are the same for everyone. The price of the cruise includes the tax, and it is different for everyone depending on how much they paid for the cruise.

If you transfer your cruise to a travel agent, they will separate out the taxes to determine what your cruise costs, so you get a percentage of OBC from the cruise costs only, not the taxes or port fees.

If you go on the Celebrity website, they show you the price of the cruise then port fees separately. Port fees are the same for everyone. The price of the cruise includes the tax, and it is different for everyone depending on how much they paid for the cruise.

If you transfer your cruise to a travel agent, they will separate out the taxes to determine what your cruise costs, so you get a percentage of OBC from the cruise costs only, not the taxes or port fees.

Now that makes more sense. When looking at the "base" fare on websites the taxes are built in so that is why taxes and port fees appear the same for everyone since the only thing then added are the port fees.

Thanks.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞