"LIVE" - Jewel of the Seas - 16 May 2015 - Royal returns to the West Coast

I know people asked about the Seaview Cafe. I did not neglect it completely but I actually did not find it until the last day and I only stopped to take a couple pictures.

c9dd4a983b3274a05d3138682cd6aff4.jpg

2ebff2efc77bf0ce16b49cfadbf08eb7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Wow! There were actually people there. They kept wanting us to sit at table #1, we insisted on trying tables #2 and #3 as well, because there was no one ever there.

I'm sorry you missed dining at Seaview. The food was very good during the Canal crossing. :D

Thanks for your posts and photos. :)

I know people asked about the Seaview Cafe. I did not neglect it completely but I actually did not find it until the last day and I only stopped to take a couple pictures.

c9dd4a983b3274a05d3138682cd6aff4.jpg

2ebff2efc77bf0ce16b49cfadbf08eb7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Too bad you missed the Seaview Café. You'll have to try it out in October. We ate there two or three times on our Jewel cruise and really enjoyed it.

Thank you Bill for your report of your cruise on the Jewel, we will be on her at Xmas - once she finishes her Alaska route she will go back to San Juan. Hope Marie gets better soon and sorry she was hurting during this cruise but so glad you both enjoyed. The fish and chips at the sea view cafe are really good. See you next time. :D

Thank so much Bill for your review, enjoyed it so much. We will be on Jewel in Oct. for the Panama Canal cruise, can't wait! We did a Pacific Coast cruise a few year back on Celebrity Century, that was one of our favorite cruises!

Thanks again for the Fantastic review:)

Thank you Bill for your report of your cruise on the Jewel, we will be on her at Xmas - once she finishes her Alaska route she will go back to San Juan. Hope Marie gets better soon and sorry she was hurting during this cruise but so glad you both enjoyed. The fish and chips at the sea view cafe are really good. See you next time. :D

Now that I know where it's located I will have to try Seaview when we go back onboard in September. :)

Just a heads up -- the Seaview Cafe is still there, but the menu is different. No more fish and chips -- also gone are the chili, and soup in the bread bowl, to name a few.

Edited by travelgoddess1

The Seaview closes at 6:30 PM with the free menu. After 8PM there is a fee of $10 p/p and the only entrée choices are hamburgers or chicken wings. I don't eat hamburgers. The drumettes are very good, but they aren't worth $10. :(

Thanks for the great review and photos Bill.

Looking forward to our time in Sept. on Jewel.

Didn't take you long to get home with the rental car! :)

Marie did look very lovely on formal night!!:)

Hope her neck is better now. I did something similar on Radiance years ago and couldn't move my arm or neck and it was very painful. Took a few days to settle down.

Hope her knee is good too!!!

I see those smelly seals were there to greet you......at least it wasn't hot out......

We were in SF in July and I thought I would perish! It was Soooo cold in the evening and I had no Winter Coat, mitts or toque!!! Knitted hat for those not knowing what a Toque is.

Edited by CVU

oh that makes me sad, it was a great place to go at night! Is there a charge if you just get a brownie or something small?:confused:

There is a $10 charge to dine after 8 PM. (for anything)

Hi Bill and All of our Friends (NUTS) from Jewel

You did an amazing job!!! It was so nice to have you and Marie as next door neighbours on this cruise, you were both very well behaved:).

It was so nice to FINALLY meet you both in person!!!! I remember our conversation about someone crashing your thread, looks like those posts are gone which is great, since this was an amazing cruise and I cannot imagine a complaint about anything. Stuff happens and I'm pretty sure that the captain had no intention of being delayed by a bad engine.

I tried to quote your post about Sha Na Na, but quote is not working for Dee today:rolleyes:. All I can say is that I had the time of my life. They were so very sweet and I had a ball on stage. Bowzer is such an incredible human being and a gentleman. He remembered me and Sarah (she won the hoola hoop contest at the early show). He even remembered my last name. I gave him my business card and told him to call me when they will be in Ontario and we will return the kindness. I haven't loaded my pics yet, but will let you know if the video turned out of me onstage with them. Our friends were snapping pictures and tried to video on my camera, fingers crossed that it turned out:)

Thanks again for doing such an amazing job on this blog. Never mind any negative comments, you do an incredible job and you and Marie are simply amazing sweet people!

Thanks again!!!!

Dee and Dennis:)

Hi Bill!

Thanks for writing such a wonderful blog with great photos! The Jewel is still such a beautiful ship and we had such a nice itinerary. It was a pleasure meeting you and Marie on this cruise - we had so much fun with both old friends and new!

I think the 70's show was one of the best we've seen! We were also pleasantly surprised by Bowser's show and of course, Dee's terrific dance performance! I do have photos of her performance so I'll email a couple when I get them downloaded. I also have to mention that during Bowser's show, Larry (sunsetseekers) was 1st runner-up in the hula hoop contest. Kudos to him for being brave enough to get up on the stage!

I hope Marie is feeling better. We will look forward to seeing both of you on a future cruise!

Hi Bill!

Thanks for writing such a wonderful blog with great photos! The Jewel is still such a beautiful ship and we had such a nice itinerary. It was a pleasure meeting you and Marie on this cruise - we had so much fun with both old friends and new!

I think the 70's show was one of the best we've seen! We were also pleasantly surprised by Bowser's show and of course, Dee's terrific dance performance! I do have photos of her performance so I'll email a couple when I get them downloaded. I also have to mention that during Bowser's show, Larry (sunsetseekers) was 1st runner-up in the hula hoop contest. Kudos to him for being brave enough to get up on the stage!

I hope Marie is feeling better. We will look forward to seeing both of you on a future cruise!

Me, too, me too! I would love to see a photo or two of our newly-minted star. :D

Edited by travelgoddess1