Best airport for bayonne, nj?

SeaWatch

How about the train?

Coming up from VA. Should we get off train at LaQuardia or is there a closer amtrak stop to the cruise terminal?

Thank you!

Penn Station in Newark but for anyone going into Bayonne, here is a link to the East Coast board and a thread on Bayonne. There are some really helpful people there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

I'm guessing you already considered this but I would never never fly on embarkation day. I can tell you there are people on every cruise without luggage. Happened to us when we first started cruising. Also, if a flight gets cancelled, you could have difficulty getting another flight. I live in NJ, about 90 minute ride from Bayonne. I stay overnight at a local hotel to avoid the NJ turnpike on embarkation day.

How about the train?

Coming up from VA. Should we get off train at LaQuardia or is there a closer amtrak stop to the cruise terminal?

Thank you!

There's a bus that is cruise specific that starts either in DC or Baltimore and goes directly to the ship. You can inquire about it over on the east coast departures board. Edit.. Academy bus has round trip transportation for 110.00 per person from Arlington VA to the dhip Edited by SNJCruisers

What do they charge for a cruise transfer?

This was 2010(Cunard for 2 pax)we were picked up at JFK & shuttled to the Brooklyn Treminal for about $62 total. It was nice being greeted at the airport by a man holding a placard with our names & Cunard line.I'm sure it's similar to Celebrity. All the lines contract with these shoreside vendors. It just takes a lot of the hassle out of your arrival day. Incidently a taxi from JFK to the terminal would have been about $70, so we felt it was well worth it.

We live closest to Burbank- the red eye (only flight from there) to NY only-- doesn't have the Mint class. So we need to fly from LAX for that. The return will go to Burbank, because it will be an early evening flight where I don't need to sleep on plane. Dial 7 is around, with tip $200 each way (maybe a little less in a regular taxi)- we prefer a mini van for the 1 hour drive from JFK to hotel in Elizabeth and same time for pick up from Summit. Now, Celebrity does offer a bus ride through Manhatten on the return and will do a drop off at La Guardia or JFK for a reasonable amount. But we don't want to be bothered- (we are origionally from NY and visit once or twice each year any way) and just need to get dropped of at car rental by JFK....

If you want to fly direct into Newark, I don't know if Jetblue will work for that from Long Beach, or LAX, but if you can find a way to just use Newark, it will be the least expensive, and convenient- avoiding the expensive car hire.

We live closest to Burbank- the red eye (only flight from there) to NY only-- doesn't have the Mint class. So we need to fly from LAX for that. The return will go to Burbank, because it will be an early evening flight where I don't need to sleep on plane. Dial 7 is around, with tip $200 each way (maybe a little less in a regular taxi)- we prefer a mini van for the 1 hour drive from JFK to hotel in Elizabeth and same time for pick up from Summit. Now, Celebrity does offer a bus ride through Manhatten on the return and will do a drop off at La Guardia or JFK for a reasonable amount. But we don't want to be bothered- (we are origionally from NY and visit once or twice each year any way) and just need to get dropped of at car rental by JFK....

If you want to fly direct into Newark, I don't know if Jetblue will work for that from Long Beach, or LAX, but if you can find a way to just use Newark, it will be the least expensive, and convenient- avoiding the expensive car hire.

I still think it would be easier for us to do Jet Blue non-stop LGB-JFK, as we are a 5 minute cab ride to LGB. Probably would have to fly the day before and stay overnight somewhere. - Curt from Long Beach

What would be the expected costs and time to go from JFK to Bayonne?

Does Celebrity offer a shuttle service?

We are Jet Blue people, since Long Beach is a hub.

[/COwLOR] without traffic i'd say its about a 30 min ride. if theres traffic could be an hour or so. not sure of the cost but i'd go with a car service like dial7 or carmel

I still think it would be easier for us to do Jet Blue non-stop LGB-JFK, as we are a 5 minute cab ride to LGB. Probably would have to fly the day before and stay overnight somewhere. - Curt from Long Beach

Since your end is so easy, JFK probably makes sense - but it would have to be about $100 JFK to Port Liberty.

All the blather about how bad the New York airports is amusing. Have any of these travel experts experienced Miami, Atlanta, or Chicago? Big busy airports all involve hassle. Fort Myers or, better still, Westchester County are better - but things are just the way they are.

Since your end is so easy, JFK probably makes sense - but it would have to be about $100 JFK to Port Liberty.

All the blather about how bad the New York airports is amusing. Have any of these travel experts experienced Miami, Atlanta, or Chicago? Big busy airports all involve hassle. Fort Myers or, better still, Westchester County are better - but things are just the way they are.

I hope I come up to your strict standards, very brief history.

Based at TEB (Teterboro) 9 years, HPN (4 years), MMU (Morristown) 5 years, EWR (Newark with 300 takeoff/landings) 1 year and a collection of smaller NJ, NY & CT Airports.

Been to just about every Airport a Lear 35 can land in in the US. Been to just about every Major Airport in the US/Canada/Caribbean and Europe that can handle a Gulfstream IV. A few trips to South America, that's always a pain. Eastern Europe a few times, nice places like Budapest. Moscow and the former USSR Countries, a few times also. A little Middle East with trips Hong Kong & Singapore a few times (love them both). Spent a month in Manila back in 2000, got to visit Corregidor Island (my favorite American Battlefield now). Only did a Around The World Trip once back in 2006-07 (Christmas into New Years). Spent a week in Bombay (I know, it's a different name now).

Very brief history, you get the point.

Gene Cernan, Last man on the moon on Apollo 17 in the center. CaptDave on the right. CNN needed our T34's to do a bit with Gene about the 30th Anniversary of Apollo 11. Gene was going to send an autographed copy of his Last Man On The Moon book for disturbing our Upset Training Class at Texas Air Aces, I'm still waiting on that book.

12814866094_8f05d9e530.jpg12814497755_0b42aefff6.jpg

Cheap cellphone shots below. Out the Captain's Window of our passengers. FO in Jakarta where we stopped for fuel on my only Around The Word Flight, next stop Melbourne, Australia.

11855845635_ae2c611af4.jpg11823018353_e0805cb349.jpg

CaptDave

LAX is always on some list as one of the worst airports. Actually, it really isn't all that bad, but has all of the pitfalls of a large international airport, and can be atrocious at times.

LGB is our local airport, and is GREAT! They just upgraded the arrival/departure concourse it and it is beautiful. JetBlue has almost exclusive use of our 41 daily flights. It is close, convenient, small, easy to check-in, and flights are on-time. We fly as much as possible out of LGB , primarily to avoid LAX. I think LGB is on a list as one of the best Regional Airports in the country. It's our little secret.