Call Us Crazy

My aunt and I just booked a Med cruise for September 2016 - 16 months away!!:D:D This will be our first time on RCCL but not our first time cruising - we usually sail on Princess or Celebrity. However, we couldn't pass up the promotion of 50% off the 2nd guest. Before booking we did search for similar cruises on the other 2 lines however neither came close to what we ultimately paid. The highlights of this cruise are Kotor, Montenegro and Dubrovnik, Croatia. We now have 16 months to research those ports we have not visited before. Any suggestions for places to stay in Barcelona and what to do there will be greatly appreciated; plus I will be checking all the boards for info and tips.

I don't think booking 16 months ahead is crazy at all, nor will anyone else on this board, since most of us (I assume) are heavy (over) planners too :) I don't think very many under planners ever bother searching for message boards for all the details. So no worries there, probably one of the only things you WON'T be judged for on here, haha!

Congrats!! I just booked a Baltic cruise that is about 13 months away and I also took advantage of the 50% off 2nd passenger promotion. Like you, I also compared to other lines and it was a good deal so I took it. Hope you have a blast and I hope we both like RCCL!

My aunt and I just booked a Med cruise for September 2016 - 16 months away!!:D:D This will be our first time on RCCL but not our first time cruising - we usually sail on Princess or Celebrity. However, we couldn't pass up the promotion of 50% off the 2nd guest. Before booking we did search for similar cruises on the other 2 lines however neither came close to what we ultimately paid. The highlights of this cruise are Kotor, Montenegro and Dubrovnik, Croatia. We now have 16 months to research those ports we have not visited before. Any suggestions for places to stay in Barcelona and what to do there will be greatly appreciated; plus I will be checking all the boards for info and tips.

Nothing crazy about it all. In fact, we are on the same cruise!

Furthest out we booked was Quantum..23 months.

Gives us time to plan and save.

We chose this cruise solely on itinerary. It had a number of ports we missed last time.

Really looking forward to it.

Edited by celebrity

HUGE CONGRATS!! You'll have an awesome cruise :D:D:D

Shameless plug... I posted a huge photo review with a ton of tips/hints of all the ports you mentioned above last Sept... I hope you can get some good info here with your research, and the Brilliance which you are on is equal (for the most part) to the Serenade in this review as well:

Kotor: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44377600&highlight=kotor#post44377600

Dubrovnik: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44452500&highlight=dubrovnik#post44452500

Not at all, crazy, I just bookmarked Hopsters review for a potential visit to that area in 2017- enjoy your planning and don't forget to report so I can plan for 2017! (And thanks Hoopster for yours!)

Cool... you're welcome :D

Found a lot of awesome info from CC'ers about Rome/Naples/etc... the standards... but very little on Kotor and Dubrovnik specifically so I hope this helps you out.

In April 2014 I booked our March 2016 25th anniversary cruise. I became depressed that it was so far away. So the same day I looked into and booked one for May 2015 so it wouldn't be so long to wait. We sail tomorrow ;)

We stayed at Hotel Pulitzer last year in Barcelona...just a l/2 block from

Plaza Catalunya, about a block from Ramblas and close to the market, too,

which is off the Ramblas...you must visit the Market..just amazing. We had

both breakfast and lunch there. Pulitzer has modern rooms and baths, there

is a large lounge off lobby and a wine bar, where you can get reasonable

drink or glass of wine and a couple appetizers. It's very attractive and very

convenient. Can't wait to go back

I don't have an answer to your question, but we also booked exactly 16 months out too. I too questioned if it was too early but we got a good deal too and only 3 months later, the prices really went up. You can always cancel and can get a price drop if it lowers before final payment. Hardest part is the wait. Happy planning.

I was very pleased with Hotel Jazz last time but will look into the Pulitzer and compare.

The market you are referring to is La Boqueria and is a must see!

Can't wait to go back to La Sagrada Familia, that was my favorite site in Barca.

Absolutely agree. Was only able to see "Familia", had another Guadi site

booked for tour, but English speaking guide cancelled at the last minute.

It takes some nerve to sit down at one of the little bars at the market, but

I really wanted to do it, so we found 2 empty stools and the waiter was

very helpful. He even told us about a pickpocket in the area...so tighter grip

on purse and wallet. We were very careful and had no problems.

We tried some different dishes. Next time I'll try the octopus,

which we had later in the week in Greece.

I like Hotel Continental, reasonable, very near the Plaza, on northern end of Ramblas.

There are drinks/snacks available 24/7, plus a continental breakfast. There are stairs to reach the lobby level, which might be a drawback to some people. It is a boutique hotel, different, rooms are pink but the price is right!

There is quite a group of us staying here before our Vision cruise this year.

HUGE CONGRATS!! You'll have an awesome cruise :D:D:D

Shameless plug... I posted a huge photo review with a ton of tips/hints of all the ports you mentioned above last Sept... I hope you can get some good info here with your research, and the Brilliance which you are on is equal (for the most part) to the Serenade in this review as well:

Kotor: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44377600&highlight=kotor#post44377600

Dubrovnik: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44452500&highlight=dubrovnik#post44452500

Hoopster95 - thank you for the links. This long weekend I've been reading up on Montserrat as we will be spending at least 2 days pre-cruise in Barcelona. The research and video watching has begun!

SRQSally - Thank you for posting your recommendation of Hotel Pulitzer. We have looked at Hotel Jazz and have that as a possibility but we will look at the Pulitzer and compare.

I was very pleased with Hotel Jazz last time but will look into the Pulitzer and compare.

The market you are referring to is La Boqueria and is a must see!

Can't wait to go back to La Sagrada Familia, that was my favorite site in Barca.

I'll offer a second thumbs up to Hotel Jazz. Nice smaller hotel one block from Plaza Catalunya. Great rooms and rates when we stayed there. And easy taxi ride to/from the port.

I'll offer a second thumbs up to Hotel Jazz. Nice smaller hotel one block from Plaza Catalunya. Great rooms and rates when we stayed there. And easy taxi ride to/from the port.

OntheBeach: How far is Hotel Jazz from the port? What was the cost? Thanks.