Oriana select dining

aurora2009

We have just booked a cruise on Oriana dep. end August 2015. Cruise personalised is providing the option to book tables in the Beach house or Ocean Grill. Anyone know when Ocean Grill is due to change to Sindhi? I thought the changes to Oriana's select dining options were for 2016/17 but seems like Sorrento is to be replaced soon with the Beach House. Any comments on Beach House menus?

I'm sad to hear Sorrento is being replaced, we've had some really lovely meals there.

Same. My wife's favourite restaurant. I've looked at the Beach House menu and can definitely say that two people won't be using it. definitely not my scene.

However changing Ocean Grill to Sindhu is to be applauded. We just love contemporary Indian cuisine.

Another vote for Sorrento here too - had a really lovely meal there when on Oriana last year (at the same time as Jeanlyon) and was looking forward to a return this October. The Beach House menu does nothing for me - it is the sort of food that you can eat at virtually any leisure park in the uk - and sadly Sindhu does not appeal either. P&O will not get any extra spend on restaurants out of me on Oriana.

Another vote for Sorrento here too - had a really lovely meal there when on Oriana last year (at the same time as Jeanlyon) and was looking forward to a return this October. The Beach House menu does nothing for me - it is the sort of food that you can eat at virtually any leisure park in the uk - and sadly Sindhu does not appeal either. P&O will not get any extra spend on restaurants out of me on Oriana.

Same time as us too! We could have had a Sorrento party.

Such a shame, why do they do this when something is popular. Sorrento was full when we were on board. Ocean Grill is available for me to book in September, so presume it has not changed to Sindhu. Even worse :-(

Edited by jeanlyon

Sadly, the current management - more than any other - seem intent on making all the ships clones of each other, regardless of size or passenger demographics. On the one hand they publicise how they have eight very different ships but then seem to be wanting to make them all the same except for size! They will be re-naming Oriana's Conservatory buffet the Horizon next, like they did with Aurora's Orangery :(

Sadly, the current management - more than any other - seem intent on making all the ships clones of each other, regardless of size or passenger demographics. On the one hand they publicise how they have eight very different ships but then seem to be wanting to make them all the same except for size! They will be re-naming Oriana's Conservatory buffet the Horizon next, like they did with Aurora's Orangery :(

I am afraid that is not new and a Carnival thing because Princess has exactly the same restaurants on most, if not all, the ships. I can understand the reasoning behind it though because if they are purchasing food in by contract to supply 5+ Sindhu's, Epicurean and Beach Houses across the fleet it brings the cost down and makes cruises more affordable because those that have cruised for the last 20 years no standard have fallen but so has the price of cruising by a long way.

We thoroughly enjoyed the meals in both Ocean Grill and Sorrentos so will be sorry to see them go.

The Beach House menu doesn't appeal to us but we will definitely give it a try. Ocean Grill is still available for our next cruise in 2 weeks so will make the mist of it. We do enjoy Sindhu on Azura so will give that a go on Oriana next year.

Change happens and we just go with the flow. The only time we use the buffet is for the Indian Dinner night which on Oriana last time was excellent.

• 2 months later...

Would not use Beach House if we have to pay a supplement with some dishes supllemented again, does not look worth it. Would probably try one night if it was free. As others have said the Indian Buffet is really good, we would pay for that. (oops, I'm giving them ideas)

This is the Beach House menu on Aurora.

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/AU_BeachHouse.pdf

I would expect that Oriana will be the same.

Brian

Yes its the same. Just got off Oriana today and I must say we wish we had booked the 2 supplement restaurants, we just managed to get in to the beach house very late (the dears letting us in) Friday night and were glad of the extra rations I mean portions. The food was American Dine-ery but good and lots of it and served by friendly wait staff. Worth the extra £5.

The mdr (Peninsular) was a great disappointment whether breakfast,lunch or dinner. However must credit the rhubarb and ginger crumble, it was a lovely comfort yesterday as we had so much movement due to very high winds :(

My first time on P&O, nice ship and we had a great time.