NCL loyalist considering RCI, Need info on Suite Life.

We traveled RCI a couple of times several years ago and enjoyed it but have traveled NCL exclusively for the last several years. With some recent changes being made at NCL we are considering trying RCI again. We travel in suites and was wondering what RCI offers. We normally travel in the Garden Villa on NCL. It is a little overkill on size but we enjoy it. On one class of the ship it is 5,000 square feet and on the other class about 7,000 square feet including decks. They are 3 bedroom 3.5 baths. Does RCI offer anything like this? If not what is the largest they offer. Perks include priority embarkation and disembarkation. Butler and concierge service. Reserved seating at shows. Any meal from any restaurant delivered and set up in your room. (The charge still applies if you order from a specialty restaurant.) Limo service from pier to airport after disembarkation. I plan on calling RCI next week but love the information I always get from CC.

From what I have read about NCL Suite perks VS RC perks you should stay where you are. We are suite cruises and have considered jumping to NCL. RC has a cabin cost that is high and comes with little perks. The only preship perks is the suite check line and waiting area. You find your own way to ship and airport, pre and post embarkation. No butler, no free bar in the cabin, no dedicated restaurant etc... What we normally hear from NCL cruisers on the Oasis class ships is "Oh the Haven is to die for" or something like the "Haven has..." Basically they are saying their experience is better with NCL.

If you are thinking of an Oasis class ship I can share photos of Owners Suite, Crown Loft Suite, Royal Suite (which is/has dissappeared), Sky Loft Suite, and Royal Loft Suite if you know which one you are considering. For other ships other CCers might be able to help, not to mention google images is great.

To be honest we like the suites for the extra room, as we would not really take advantage of the drink perks. We are laid back, and travel non-formal so the one perk we do use often is MDR food delivered to the cabin. There are a lot of suite cruisers here on the RC board that have said that they will be looking elsewhere due to price and perks VS costs of RC to other cruise lines. Who knows if they have yet or not. I won't until NCL or other lines get flow riders. I am thinking of NCL for Alaska for 2017 and have looked at their 2016 prices for a comparable.

I am not certain if the prices are comparable but the perks will not be. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, but until you taste it who knows if it is better.:) Come try RC, and maybe you will find it to your liking or maybe it will confirm your loyalty to NCL. Until you try it you will never know.

Edited by A&L_Ont

NCL to RCI is like comparing RCI to CCL. Suite perks on NCL (Haven) are far superior to RCI. Having said that, Courtyard Haven Suite was $2,000 more than RCI OS for 7-day sailing. (Getaway/FOS.) So if a Butler/afternoon snacks in your cabin/private pool and dining venue is worth $2K, stick with NCL. (RCI pricing has gone up since this comparison - difference probably less now.)

toyotaford- I am one who has decided to try NCL for a suite as Royal is just failing in that department for me lately. I will let you know if my choice was right but you have to wait a while!!:(

Royal has nothing like the 3 bedroom garden villa. The presidential suite is probably the closest but need 8 to book. I tried with 6 and now have been placed on a wait list. Seems with NCL I can book that with any amount.

That's why I'm giving NCL a try and see if I take the whole family with me later!!!:)

I think the suites themselves on Royal Caribbean are beautiful, but if you've been sailing in a Haven suite on NCL then you will be disappointed in the RCI suite perks. You would probably find the suite benefits on Celebrity more to your liking and closer to what you're accustomed to.

We have been told Royal Caribbean is revamping their suite perks, but as of now there hasn't been any kind of an announcement of what those will be.:rolleyes:

Edited by Cindy

Thank you for your responses. There has been a management change at NCL and the changes are coming pretty quickly. We usually bring friends or family with us when we cruise and thought we take this opportunity to travel by ourselves and try something else out. It's hard to make a change when you have so loved what you have had in the past. Hopefully NCL will slow down the changes and maybe reconsider some they have recently made and this will just be a little bump in the road.