Southern Caribbean in August

RSLeesburg

I am looking at a southern Caribbean cruise for next summer - end of August before my son goes back to school. I know it's hurricane season - that does not bother me, but was wondering how hot and humid it is on the islands during that time. Am wondering if we should just wait till fall or winter. Thanks.

Definitely hot and humid. I love the southern Caribbean islands. Aruba, especially is drier, less humid and nearly always windy, however very hot. Always been in the 90's when I have been there. Personally prefer October or November. Could also depend on your itinerary and what you plan to do.

Am wondering if we should just wait till fall or winter...

Only you can answer that. It sounds like you do not, or would prefer not to, handle the heat well. I understand that when school is out may be the preferred time, but it is also the hottest, in my experience - which includes several cruises and many land vacations to my husband's island home of St. Lucia. It's hot from April to October, give or take, peaking in the summer months.

Only you can make this decision. :) Enjoy your cruise, whenever you go.

Only you can answer that. It sounds like you do not, or would prefer not to, handle the heat well. I understand that when school is out may be the preferred time, but it is also the hottest, in my experience - which includes several cruises and many land vacations to my husband's island home of St. Lucia. It's hot from April to October, give or take, peaking in the summer months.

Only you can make this decision. :) Enjoy your cruise, whenever you go.

Thanks. I was just exploring some cruise possibilities, and ran across one on Adventure of the Seas out of PR in August, and for a summer cruise, it was very inexpensive - so that got me wondering if perhaps this was a bad time to travel. St. Lucia is definitely one of the stops...lol.

Given the latitude of the Caribbean, particularly the southern Caribbean, temps do not change much by season. Amount of rain might. EM

So true! The air and water temperatures don't actually change much by season! Go and enjoy! :D

LuLu