Booked cruise missing from website

Boscodog

We are booked on the Equinox for a Mediterranean cruise on August 13, 2016. The reservation is listed on my account, however the cruise is not showing on the Celebrity website. Does anyone have any insight into why this is happening. I plan to call Celebrity when I have a moment.

Edited by Boscodog
Misspelling in title

Have you tried linking the reservation to your log on by entering the reservation number, ship and sail date.

We had one missing and when we did this it said 'no account linked, do you wish to add' we ticked yes and now it's there

We are booked on the Equinox for a Mediterranean cruise on August 13, 2016. The reservation is listed on my account, however the cruise is not showing on the Celebrity website. Does anyone have any insight into why this is happening. I plan to call Celebrity when I have a moment.

If its showing up on your My Celebrity, could be a number of reasons why its not showing on Celebrity.

I checked it and its really weird, if you do "Find a Cruise", Equinox is not even showing on the list for Aug. 2016.

Edited by dkjretired

Just called Celebrity and they told me the cruise is not listed because it is sold out. I find that hard to believe that it would be completely sold out 15 months in advance. The rep told me not to worry that my reservation is showing up and everything is as it should be. There are only 6 people registered on the roll call.

Just called Celebrity and they told me the cruise is not listed because it is sold out. I find that hard to believe that it would be completely sold out 15 months in advance. The rep told me not to worry that my reservation is showing up and everything is as it should be. There are only 6 people registered on the roll call.

It might be some big group purchased most of the cabin so you may google to see who are they...:confused:

The timing of this makes me think it's been chartered for an Atlantis Crusie.

They cruise the Med in August annually on a Celebrity ship, but have not yet announced August 2016 sailing details.

About a month ago, some noticed a missing Summit sailing March 12-19 and 2 weeks later, I got an email from Atlantis about it being chartered who then sold the cruise to past Atlantis guests, and finally put on sale to general public this week.

My advice, have a plan B in your pocket just in case this cruise cancels from underneath you.

Customer service reps rarely have the information about whole ship charters, so they often communicate misinformation. A dedicated department reaches out when ships are chartered and they need to move already booked guests to other sailings.

If its showing up on your My Celebrity, could be a number of reasons why its not showing on Celebrity.

I checked it and its really weird, if you do "Find a Cruise", Equinox is not even showing on the list for Aug. 2016.

I haven't been able to view the Equinox sailings for a couple of weeks now - see earlier post http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=46518954&postcount=28#

They cruise the Med in August annually on a Celebrity ship, but have not yet announced August 2016 sailing details.

About a month ago, some noticed a missing Summit sailing March 12-19 and 2 weeks later, I got an email from Atlantis about it being chartered who then sold the cruise to past Atlantis guests, and finally put on sale to general public this week.

My advice, have a plan B in your pocket just in case this cruise cancels from underneath you.

Customer service reps rarely have the information about whole ship charters, so they often communicate misinformation. A dedicated department reaches out when ships are chartered and they need to move already booked guests to other sailings.

I think it is Atlantis as that's what occurred this year and X revised several sailings and dates. Would appear to be the most logical explanation. Suppose we'll just have to wait and see what transpires ;).

Wow now I am nervous. I called my travel agent and Celebrity and they both said reservation is intact. I went on Atlantis website and see that the August 14,2015 on the Equinox is booked for them. The 2016 cruise is almost the same itinerary but a couple of days longer.

We booked a Aqua Rom. On the 123 Go plan. Do you think they would pull the 123 go-benefits on us if we had to rebook?

Wow now I am nervous. I called my travel agent and Celebrity and they both said reservation is intact. I went on Atlantis website and see that the August 14,2015 on the Equinox is booked for them. The 2016 cruise is almost the same itinerary but a couple of days longer.

We booked a Aqua Rom. On the 123 Go plan. Do you think they would pull the 123 go-benefits on us if we had to rebook?

From what I've read in forums, typically all perks will stick with your reservation, they would offer some specific offerings of replacement itineraries matching your current fare, and offer some OBC for the hassle.

But no number of phone calls or emails on your part will make any of this happen, until you get the call from the special department that handles such things.

So I'd spend some time looking for an alternative, so when/if you get the call, you are prepared.

As to timeliness of charter announcements, for the Summit sailing I booked with charter next March, it was not put on sale to past Atlantis guests until Mid April. Following a similar timeline, wouldn't expect an official cruise cancellation announcement till August or September.

I strongly suggest you make other plans immediately and send a severe message to Celebrity. Your cruise has a 90%+ chance of being chartered.

These shenanigans need to stop as people plan, book, get air travel arrangements, and then X lies to them. I've had not one but two cruises yanked away due to charters. In each case, we were told not to worry and then, POW, cruise gone with not even a sorry. Celebrity needs to decide how they wish to market their "modern luxury". My suggestion is to post your itineraries to those who might charter the whole ship BEFORE you offer public sale. Set a firm date for them to reply but after that, make it public and stick to it.

From what I've read in forums, typically all perks will stick with your reservation, they would offer some specific offerings of replacement itineraries matching your current fare, and offer some OBC for the hassle.

But no number of phone calls or emails on your part will make any of this happen, until you get the call from the special department that handles such things.

So I'd spend some time looking for an alternative, so when/if you get the call, you are prepared.

As to timeliness of charter announcements, for the Summit sailing I booked with charter next March, it was not put on sale to past Atlantis guests until Mid April. Following a similar timeline, wouldn't expect an official cruise cancellation announcement till August or September.

Thanks for the info. Since you seem to have some insight into this situation, I have a question. There is another cruise for 10 days on the Reflection instead of the 13 days on the Equinox we booked during a 3 day sale a few months ago. The itineraries are similar. The 13 days cruise we booked is not that much more than the 10 day cruise price now. Do you think Celebrity takes into account the rate originally agreed to?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just got a call from a Celebrity rep regarding the e-mail I sent to them about August 2016 cruises vanishing from the web site.

The cruises are not Sold Out. They are closed for new reservations. One of the strongest possibility is that there will be a Charter in August 2016 but the date is not yet confirmed.

So We should have news soon.

The equivalent August trip in 2015 is an Atlantis Charter. Never showed on the website. I would do some further checking. We are on the cruise before and that date was blocked for a while too (but after I had booked, so it is a similar situation to yours). So two cruises were blocked out, and then eventually ours became online again (August 1 2015). Clearly the charter took the later date.

Edited by Pushka

The equivalent August trip in 2015 is an Atlantis Charter. Never showed on the website. I would do some further checking. We are on the cruise before and that date was blocked for a while too (but after I had booked, so it is a similar situation to yours). So two cruises were blocked out, and then eventually ours became online again (August 1 2015). Clearly the charter took the later date.

Yes, that's why ours got pushed back until 24th August 2015. This year the Atlantis is between your cruise and our sailing: their's concluding on 24th. As stated above, it wouldn't surprise me if they have chartered again for next year as this year's was apparently a 'sell-out'.

Hopefully the charter dates should be released soon, especially as they have now confirmed the charter dates on Infinty for next September/October ;).

Yes, that's why ours got pushed back until 24th August 2015. This year the Atlantis is between your cruise and our sailing: their's concluding on 24th. As stated above, it wouldn't surprise me if they have chartered again for next year as this year's was apparently a 'sell-out'.

Hopefully the charter dates should be released soon, especially as they have now confirmed the charter dates on Infinty for next September/October ;).

My guess is if it is an Atlantis Charter, they won't formally announce until September or so if this year.

They typical announce future sailings just after they conclude one, giving those who's are just leaving, a chance to pre-book before public sale announcements, and they have Equinox Aug 14-24 (Sold out) Rome to Istanbul coming up.

My guess is if it is an Atlantis Charter, they won't formally announce until September or so if this year.

They typical announce future sailings just after they conclude one, giving those who's are just leaving, a chance to pre-book before public sale announcements, and they have Equinox Aug 14-24 (Sold out) Rome to Istanbul coming up.

Do you think that Celebrity waits to let its customers know after Atlantis announces their schedule? The entire month of August on the Equinox is not showing on the schedule and the Atlantis Charter will only take up 10 days of the month. Any insight would be appreciated.

Possibly they will wait for the formal announcement, i can see where Atlantis would require specifics to be kept quiet until they announce.

As to the others, no idea, maybe they have not yet chosen a specific week for atlantis and are looking at them all from a revenue standpoint and current bookings to try to displace the fewest already booked clients, and to try to get atlantis to take a week where they are forecasting low er than normal sales.

Also possible that they are having issues nailing down an itinerary for Atlantis, as they would likely call to Ibiza as an overnight, and maybe they are still working to find a date they can port there where it isn't already reserved so they are holding the whole month at the moment until they can prepare an itinerary that meets their desires, and also port schedules.

Lots of logistics......Given the number of charters Atlantis/RSVP do with X and RCI, they are certainly a very important customer to X - moreso than even the highest ranking Zenith would be - so as any business would do, look to make sure your best customers are well taken care of. Even without the fact that they charter and fill so many cabins of the lines, their cruses without a doubt sell far more in on board spend than any other sailing. In Atlantis' day 1 orientation, they discuss the fact that they will never run out of alcohol, having loaded on 3x the normal amount of Grey Goose as an example - and they add extra mini-bars all over the place.

Help me out, what is an Atlantis cruise

Atlantis Charters ships for the Gay community. They charter the entire ship and sell the cabins themselves. Celebrity has the whole ship sold and they don't have to do anything. You can see why this would be attractive to the cruise lines to have companies charter their ships.

Edited by Boscodog

OMG - how do you tolerate this behavior by Celebrity??? I've only booked 4 total cruises with them and theyve jerked us around for 2 of them. One cruise was cancelled for a drydock and it took them 5 months to tell those who were booked on the cruise that their cruise was cancelled and what their options were. Now my Pacific Coastal cruise for next year went missing from my reservations list for a couple of months, now we've heard (unofficially) that it's an Alaskan cruise. I can find it as an Alaskan cruise on the website, but have not received any information from Celebrity as to what my options are. I had 2 cruises scheduled for next year. I've cancelled one and will cancel this one as soon as I can.

And now I read this thread about all the other cruises that are missing/cancelled/changed with no notification from celebrity. So this seems to be a VERY common occurrence for Celebrity. One that I'm certainly not willing to tolerate. There are many options for my cruising dollars - and I'll be taking mine to cruiselines where my ratio of cruises booked and cruises cancelled is much less (as in zero).

So this seems to be a VERY common occurrence for Celebrity. One that I'm certainly not willing to tolerate. There are many options for my cruising dollars - and I'll be taking mine to cruiselines where my ratio of cruises booked and cruises cancelled is much less (as in zero).

It's just as common on RCL, Carnival, MSC, Princess etc. All lines do the same thing with charters. Sometimes you get lucky, others not.

Last year while on a Bermuda Cruise, I got home snd they have canceled my upcoming connie sailing for a brief drydock, AND had rerouted the Century's final sailing I was booked on which required me to cancel.

It happens.

It's just as common on RCL, Carnival, MSC, Princess etc. All lines do the same thing with charters. Sometimes you get lucky, others not.

Last year while on a Bermuda Cruise, I got home snd they have canceled my upcoming connie sailing for a brief drydock, AND had rerouted the Century's final sailing I was booked on which required me to cancel.

It happens.

Hmmm - not so sure about it being just the same on other cruise lines. I'm sure that other lines do cancel cruises for charters and dry docks. But do they really remove the cruise from the customers' reservations lists with NO communication for MONTHS after that? I don't know anything about lines other than Princess and NCL, but have not see much on those boards about cancelled cruises and not hearing from corporate. As compared to Celebrity where it has personally happened to to me twice - and this board is full of other examples of it - I've never had it happen on other lines. Seems like a pretty good indication that it happens more with Celebrity than with Princess or NCL at least.

And you've offered the example of two MORE examples of cancelled Celebrity cruises...