Loving the Allure!

Currently on board also and in a Grand Suite. The Suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen are both great. CK only opened on Wednesday night and the food was fantastic. We are going back there tonight. The D/D+ lounge is also great with a fantastic bar tender by the name of Ethel. We ate at Sabor on Wednesday for lunch and were surprised when told our cost was for the drinks only due to being in a GS. The waiter didn't know anything about this until we asked for the bill but with the restaurant being new on board, it's a learning curve for everyone. The food is great and worth a visit. Agree with the others on board just now, the weather could do with being warmer. We are also doing the TA in October and looking forward to it already. The suite sun deck is great and they have put in 4 cabanas during dry dock. Edited by Lotus Girl

What are the bar hours for the Suite Lounge on Deck 17?

On our April Oasis cruise, the bar was open from 11:30 AM until 11:00 pm for beer, wine and sodas. Also provided mixed drinks from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM.

[quote name='clarea']Here is a link to deck 3:

[url]http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AL/2015-apr/al_deck03_v2015_apr.pdf[/url]

For the other decks, just change the deck number in the URL.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, you are always here with the answers to our questions. We would be lost without you. :)

Gail

[quote name='EDL']What's the dinning situation in the MDR ? Are there 3 different menus now for Silk ? The Grande and Americon Icon ?[/QUOTE]

For now it's one menu in all three. No changes to menu, just decor

Great to hear you are enjoying your trip, we board June 4th for our first cruise!

Can I ask you to post a few pics of bar menus? Or even just give me a couple of prices of a standard bottle of beer, gin and tonic etc.? We haven't bought a drinks package yet and have no idea what the prices will be like in the med?

[quote name='Thegrants1']Great to hear you are enjoying your trip, we board June 4th for our first cruise!

Can I ask you to post a few pics of bar menus? Or even just give me a couple of prices of a standard bottle of beer, gin and tonic etc.? We haven't bought a drinks package yet and have no idea what the prices will be like in the med?

Also please can you let me know what the total cost of the premium drinks package is if purchasing on board at Barcelona. Is it $70.40? I'm a bit confused about conflicting info on other threads, so an actual update from the ship would be fantastic! Tks

[quote name='welshy74']Also please can you let me know what the total cost of the premium drinks package is if purchasing on board at Barcelona. Is it $70.40? I'm a bit confused about conflicting info on other threads, so an actual update from the ship would be fantastic! Tks[/QUOTE]

It will be $70.40 per day per person

[quote name='ocav']It will be $70.40 per day per person[/QUOTE]

Tks Ocav,
So am I correst in thinking that a $12 glass of wine would cost -
$12 drink cost
+
$2.36 service
+
$1.20 tax
Actual drink cost $15.36

Also, as there is a $12 max price in the premium package is this price taken on the net or gross?

Sorry for all the questions.. Tapping away at the calculater between exchange rates, drink prices, tax etc to figure out if it's 1) worth doing and 2) better to book online before it closes on Tuesday.

Tks Edited by welshy74

[quote name='welshy74']Tks Ocav,

So am I correst in thinking that a $12 glass of wine would cost -

$12 drink cost

+

$2.36 service

+

$1.20 tax

Actual drink cost $15.36

Also, as there is a $12 max price in the premium package is this price taken on the net or gross?

Sorry for all the questions.. Tapping away at the calculater between exchange rates, drink prices, tax etc to figure out if it's 1) worth doing and 2) better to book online before it closes on Tuesday.

Tks[/QUOTE]

$15.56 would be the price of a $12 drink

Packages are based on the original drink price so said wine in your description would be included as it is $12

What currency is being used on the ship at the moment? I'm hoping it's euro but have a feeling it's dollar? Need to know as I am trying to check in online at the moment and have to select a currency for my onboard expense account!

[quote name='Thegrants1']What currency is being used on the ship at the moment? I'm hoping it's euro but have a feeling it's dollar? Need to know as I am trying to check in online at the moment and have to select a currency for my onboard expense account![/quote]
All onboard expenses are in USD.

[quote name='Thegrants1']What currency is being used on the ship at the moment? I'm hoping it's euro but have a feeling it's dollar? Need to know as I am trying to check in online at the moment and have to select a currency for my onboard expense account![/QUOTE]

No the check-in online question is what currency any card you are using is billed in as that then gives an option for Royal to convert to your card currency or invoice your card issue the $ value and your bank charges you any conversion rates / fees.

[quote name='Thegrants1']What currency is being used on the ship at the moment? I'm hoping it's euro but have a feeling it's dollar? Need to know as I am trying to check in online at the moment and have to select a currency for my onboard expense account![/QUOTE]

Always USD on Royal Caribbean ships, so matter where in the world you are.

[quote name='Single Cruiser']No the check-in online question is what currency any card you are using is billed in as that then gives an option for Royal to convert to your card currency or invoice your card issue the $ value and your bank charges you any conversion rates / fees.[/QUOTE]

I remember from a last time with RCI that it was better to let them charge your card in $USD and let your bank convert it, I recall reading somewhere that the exchange rate they would apply to convert int GBP wasn't favourable at that time, of course that may not be true today :confused:

[quote name='andyhp']I remember from a last time with RCI that it was better to let them charge your card in $USD and let your bank convert it, I recall reading somewhere that the exchange rate they would apply to convert int GBP wasn't favourable at that time, of course that may not be true today :confused:[/QUOTE]

The rate is set at the time it charges your card (debarkation morning for Credit, Day 1 for Debit) so you can get a good rate or a bad rate, there's no way of knowing but your bank/credit provider will always provide a slightly better rate even if they charge a fee for the conversion.

[quote name='ocav']The rate is set at the time it charges your card (debarkation morning for Credit, Day 1 for Debit) so you can get a good rate or a bad rate, there's no way of knowing but your bank/credit provider will always provide a slightly better rate even if they charge a fee for the conversion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ocav, appreciate the confirmation on that.
I will let them bill my CC in $USD and let my bank sort it :)

I would love to know in which order they serve the different menus in MDR so that I can choose the days that have our favourite menus to dine in MDR and plan to dine in other restaurants for the days that have not so interesting menus? Edited by Lealei