moved from cabin without notification

ellopoppet

If the cruise reserves the right to change my cabin then why wont they change it back. I presently have two cabins together. They are on the same deck and are directly across on the other balcony side. Same balcony cabins. The only difference is that if they did the switch I could be back next to my family instead of some strangers having cabins next to them. I think it would be the gracious way to go.

So let me get this straight. You're mad because they bumped you out of the cabins you were assigned to. So now you want them to bump the people who are assigned to those cabins now out of those cabins. So you want them to do to other people the exact same thing you are complaining about?! Isn't that a little hypocritical?

How many places are you going to post this identical rant.

You canceled and re booked your reservation to get some perks. When you did it you did not specify cabins so you ended up getting moved. it happens, because no cabin is actually guaranteed until you are on the ship and checked in. Its nto like you are traveling with young people in the other cabins. It is not a big deal to walk between cabins even if they are not next to each other.

I couldn't find the OP posting anywhere else on CC but this post. Can you please post a link of where else OP has posted to justify your comment.

Plus, she is not just traveling with just "young people"... she is traveling with a handicapped daughter. Aren't you glad your child isn't handicapped?

Edited by notentirelynormal

So let me get this straight. You're mad because they bumped you out of the cabins you were assigned to. So now you want them to bump the people who are assigned to those cabins now out of those cabins. So you want them to do to other people the exact same thing you are complaining about?! Isn't that a little hypocritical?

She wants what they promised her. She was bumped and replaced by someone else. She is upset as most of us would be. She not being hypocritical. I'm at a loss regarding your comment.

I couldn't find the OP posting anywhere else on CC but this post. Can you please post a link of where else OP has posted to justify your comment.

Plus, she is not just traveling with just "young people"... she is traveling with a handicapped daughter. Aren't you glad your child isn't handicapped?

She also posted it on the NCL board. EM

I don't blame you for being made. You have a reason you want the cabins to be together, but I think anytime one books even one specific cabin, they should be asked if an "upgrade" is desired or not. On our last few cruises, we've booked specific cabins and I emphasized to the booking agent that that's the cabin we wanted (I didn't want to risk being moved far forward on an usually rough seas cruise). Certainly when you have handicapped people or young kids in your party, you'll want cabins near each other.

I don't understand the whole beverage package thingy as 1) I avoid being on NCL and 2) beverage packages are one thing we're not interested in. I'm guessing that the OP had booked before hearing about the package, found out there was a package available with new bookings, and thus had to rebook (is this right?). In that case, a good TA would found out first if there was a guarantee to keeping the original cabins or if they will get new cabins near each other. Or is that wasn't possible, just tell the OP that so she can decide to risk it or not. If the proximity was important, then forget about the beverage deal or pay for one.

If it was just a group of adults sailing together (with no special issues), then I wouldn't feel there should be a problem with not having cabins together. And possibly some in the party might actually prefer not to have all this closeness. But this wasn't the case with the OP.

It is not hypocritical. It is fair. They have no reason to want to be next to my one son and across from my husband and daughter when they could have the exact same balcony cabins, on the same deck together. If I wanted to be separated from my family I would have booked my cruise last minute to get every deal possible. Instead I book in August 2014 and paid full cost without any perks. Perks were not important to me. Being close with my family is important to me.

It is probably too late, since travel agent may be closed, but I would try to be nice to the travel agent (nice enough that they think they may get another booking from you) and tell them that since they were willing to bump someone else to a mini suite it would be nice if the travel agent gives YOU some OBC or pays for your whole group of 8 to eat at a specialty restaurant.

You never said who was in the fourth cabin or who was in the cabin with your son. It sounds like you now have 3 cabins near each other so that should work for your immediate family. While cruise ships are huge, if the other members of your group is on the same deck and the same section you should be fine as long as there are no unsupervised minors. I don't know what the situation is for NCL but on other cruise lines you can phone cabin to cabin for no charge so you still will be able to meet conveniently without going back and forth between cabins. Also bring stickies so you can leave notes if necessary.

It is not hypocritical. It is fair. They have no reason to want to be next to my one son and across from my husband and daughter when they could have the exact same balcony cabins, on the same deck together. If I wanted to be separated from my family I would have booked my cruise last minute to get every deal possible. Instead I book in August 2014 and paid full cost without any perks. Perks were not important to me. Being close with my family is important to me.

With all due respect, you have absolutely no idea how they feel about the cabins they are assigned to, so don't make assumptions on their behalf. They very well could be just as upset about being moved out of them as you are now. So to sit here and say that it's ok for them but not you...well, that's pretty selfish in my opinion.

And I'm sorry, but I'm failing to understand why this is such a big deal. It's not like you have little kids that you need to check in on frequently. You'll be together on the cruise ship when you do activities. When you are physically in your own rooms, you won't see each other anyway, whether you are right next to each other, or at opposite ends of the ship.

Look, I get that you are disappointed, but you need to let it go and enjoy your cruise. There are worst things that can happen in life. Be happy that your family members are alive and healthy, and able to enjoy this vacation when there are so many families that could never afford something like this. Best of luck to you.

Edited by bakersdozen12

She wants what they promised her. She was bumped and replaced by someone else. She is upset as most of us would be. She not being hypocritical. I'm at a loss regarding your comment.

It's hypocritical because she wants Carnival to do to these people what was done to her. So it's not ok for her to be moved without her permission, but it's ok for it to happen to someone else. I'm at a loss of your lack of understanding of the definition of "hypocritical."

And the last time I checked, there are no promises when it comes to cruising. The cruise company ALWAYS reserves the right to move your cabin. In this case it sounds like it was an error on the part of her TA. But you know what, when you book with a TA, you give up all control.

I also had a similar thing happen to me. I asked my TA to move us to a cabin in a better location, and rather than just move us, she cancelled the booking and rebooked. No biggie, except for the fact that my excursions got cancelled in the process. Good thing I didn't have FTTF at the time, because I doubt I would have got it back. Anyway, I just think she's making mountains out of mole hills, and needs to concentrate on enjoying her cruise, instead of making herself miserable about it.

Edited by bakersdozen12

It's hypocritical because she wants Carnival to do to these people what was done to her. So it's not ok for her to be moved without her permission, but it's ok for it to happen to someone else. I'm at a loss of your lack of understanding of the definition of "hypocritical."

And the last time I checked, there are no promises when it comes to cruising. The cruise company ALWAYS reserves the right to move your cabin. In this case it sounds like it was an error on the part of her TA. But you know what, when you book with a TA, you give up all control.

I also had a similar thing happen to me. I asked my TA to move us to a cabin in a better location, and rather than just move us, she cancelled the booking and rebooked. No biggie, except for the fact that my excursions got cancelled in the process. Good thing I didn't have FTTF at the time, because I doubt I would have got it back. Anyway, I just think she's making mountains out of mole hills, and needs to concentrate on enjoying her cruise, instead of making herself miserable about it.

I believe she is cruising with NCL, not Carnival, but that is neither here nor there. How is it hypocritical to want the cabins assigned to you? She's not demanding that the new occupants be moved - just that she is annoyed. I would be too. She booked those cabins for a very specific reason - one that didn't have to be explained to anyone - and naturally she is upset. Unfortunately there isn't going to be very much she can do about it - but some of the comments here about her "hypocrisy" are really not appropriate. I do hope that she enjoys the cruise, but voicing her disappointment isn't unreasonable. (personally, if I was sailing with some of my family I'd want the cabin furthest from them - and arrange to meet for dinner occasionally - or not - but that's just me.:rolleyes:)

I believe she is cruising with NCL, not Carnival, but that is neither here nor there. How is it hypocritical to want the cabins assigned to you? She's not demanding that the new occupants be moved - just that she is annoyed. I would be too. She booked those cabins for a very specific reason - one that didn't have to be explained to anyone - and naturally she is upset. Unfortunately there isn't going to be very much she can do about it - but some of the comments here about her "hypocrisy" are really not appropriate. I do hope that she enjoys the cruise, but voicing her disappointment isn't unreasonable. (personally, if I was sailing with some of my family I'd want the cabin furthest from them - and arrange to meet for dinner occasionally - or not - but that's just me.:rolleyes:)

I agree. I'd be disappointed and upset, too.

Everyone has their tipping point and, for me at least, this would be a bigger issue than fresh squeezed orange juice or the bathroom toiletries that seem to be such a big deal for so many.

I hope you have a great cruise, OP, despite this rough start.

She's not demanding that the new occupants be moved - just that she is annoyed.

Actually, that is what she's saying. She said in one of her posts something along the lines of, "They moved me without notice, why can't they just move me back?" (Not a direct quote, but close.) To do that would involve bumping the people who are now assigned to those cabins out of the cabins.

Edited by bakersdozen12

How many places are you going to post this identical rant.

Perhaps she reposted to the NCL board because the second responder on this thread suggested she do so? I for one do not see this as a rant but as a legitimate gripe. It would have pi$$ed me off too. She had a legitimate reason for booking the way she did and it is reasonable to expect your booking to stay that way unless there were extenuating circumstances, which there does not seem to be in this case, even though the cruise line does reserve the right to change you. Adding a drink package doesn't seem like an extenuating circumstance to me.

To have the guests now booked in those rooms move would involve extenuating circumstance as the cruise line screwed up the prior guests reservation and should correct it. The second guest should be justly compensated as well. Just my humble opinion.

Now for the flames...:eek:

Actually, that is what she's saying. She said in one of her posts something along the lines of, "They moved me without notice, why can't they just move me back?" (Not a direct quote, but close.) To do that would involve bumping the people who are now assigned to those cabins out of the cabins.

No sense beating a dead horse - but no - she didn't say "I DEMAND that those people be removed!" She just related the circumstances and how it didn't work out. Would it have been nice if the new occupants agreed to change? Of course it would. But it didn't. Personally I don't understand why anyone would refuse a suite over a balcony - but that was their choice. She accepted that. All she did in her first post was ask for any suggestions and state that she was upset. Completely understandable. She also says - emphatically - that she did not cancel and rebook. She simply requested that the drinks option to added to one of the cabins. None of this was unreasonable until someone jumped on the "stop this rant" wagon. I will duck the flames.

Edited by Winnigirl

did you read the FULL thread?

up front it says the ressie was cancelled and a rebook happened to get the freebie booze pack ....

when the cancel happened, all bets were off.

OP said in original post "I added the beverage package to two of my balcony rooms."

After some speculation as to why (by others) possibly being that she cancelled and rebooked to get the free beverage package. To which she replied (post #14)"I did not rebook at any time." And (post #32)"I paid for all beverage packages. They were not free.".

It seems that the TA had some involvement in them being moved at the time the beverage package was added.

So, yes there probably was a cancel and rebook, but not on the part of OP, but a mistake by the TA. Which is why the TA was willing to spring for the upgrade to a mini-suite.

Edited by Shmoo here

Wow - some of you people need to get off your high horse!!! I book VERY far in advance to get the exact cabin(s) that I desire - do I understand that the line holds the right to move me - yes - would I be hot if they did - YES - and so would you.

I do think whom ever booked the cabins in the O.P.s place should be the ones moved elsewhere but it will NEVER happen because then they would have multiple parties upset instead of the one bad situation that they have now. The best they can do is to try to get the TA to pop for some comps to soften the blow OR rebook the entire cruise if she can locate 3 cabins next to each other and across the hall.

did you read the FULL thread?

up front it says the ressie was cancelled and a rebook happened to get the freebie booze pack ....

when the cancel happened, all bets were off.

Yes, I read the full thread, did you? At no time did the OP state they cancelled and rebooked, all they did was ADD the drink package.