How kid friendly is princess?

Perez1992

Plan for a "family movie night" out on deck. Princess has an outdoor movie screen called MUTS, Movies Under the Stars. There's a pizza station and an outdoor grill for hotdogs and hamburgers. I think kids of any age would enjoy that. It's like a drive-in at sea.

My family is looking for a fun kid friendly cruise that still feels nice.

Will the kids have fun on the Carribean Princess of so what activities would you recommend

How old are your little ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have sailed many times on princess with our little one. We have found the kids club to be great place however I think it really depends on how many kids are on the cruise to make it more fun. Since you are travelling with the family the kids will have fun. Since we only have one 3 year old we found on some cruises it was hit and miss on how many kids were in his age group. If you are wondering you can call princess and they will tell you the age group on board and how many in each group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be many kids on board for a holiday time cruise (last couple of weeks of December, even the first week of January).

Our last three cruises have been the two-week holiday Hawaiian cruises and there was a full kids' program. The ship will be decorated and there will be a Santa giving out gifts to kids on Christmas. The program itself will include holiday arts and crafts. The in-cabin TV will feature many holiday-oriented and kid-appropriate movies.

There will definitely be all the usual activities: tee shirt decorating, squid dissection (that's a fave for kids), science activities. The staff won't take them to the pool, so if your kids want to swim, you'll have to supervise them.

My daughter was 13 and 15 on the last two cruises. I took her to the Remix room on the first night when she was 13 and she met some girls her age and they hanged out (not too much in the Remix room, but much time in the pool, watching movies on the Movies Under the Stars screen). The kids had a FB group page and she kept in touch with a few of them. Right after we booked the last cruise, she found out one of them was repeating the same cruise too, and they made plans to meet up. They found another girl and three boys to add to their group.

Definitely make sure to take all the kids to their respective programs the first night to register them and for them to meet new friends.

We have a range of kids in the family. 16, 13, 9, 8, 3

There's a minimum age for the kid's clubs -- if your child is younger, they're not allowed to join in, although I believe you can play with them there. Assuming the youngest will be 3 by embarkation day, s/he's in. Also, the kids clubs are strict with the age boundaries (3-7, 8-12, 13-17), so your kids will not be in the same groups.

Also, bear in mind that the pools are only open to non-diaper-wearing bathers. I have no idea if a 3-year-old is already out of diapers, so forgive my ignorance if this is not applicable, but it's something you should be aware of. If your kid is like me, seeing a pool but not being able to get into the water would be absolute torture!

My kids love the Princess kids' programs, MUTS, the pools, the pizza, the International Cafe, and the buffet. We did a 28 day cruise with them and they were three of maybe a dozen kids on board. One of their favorite activities during the break between afternoon and evening kids programming was swimming with us and then grabbing pizza on deck before we took them back to the kids club for the evening while we grabbed dinner in the MDR. :cool:

We have done the Alaska cruises with our whole family on Princess including

two children age 8 & 10. Everyone had a great time. Many Activities for all ages. If your kids love Disney, then I would take them on a Disney cruise. We had a great time on both lines. Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise.

My family is looking for a fun kid friendly cruise that still feels nice.

Will the kids have fun on the Carribean Princess of so what activities would you recommend

Our kids are a little older but IMHO princess offers the right balance of activities for kids and adults of all ages. Going during holidays to warm weather will likely have many kids and thus a full set of kid activities as well. Won't be as activity filled as or kid focused as RCCL or Disney but more than enough.