All Things Ovation of the Seas!

Puzzle room is exactly the same scenario as on Anthem if you have done that.....

And there is a soda machine in there too.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the Updates!

What is this Puzzle room I've heard mentioned. Is it just a place to do jigsaw puzzles or is there more to it, like a giant maze puzzle or something?! Thanks!

Thanks for all the Updates!

What is this Puzzle room I've heard mentioned. Is it just a place to do jigsaw puzzles or is there more to it, like a giant maze puzzle or something?! Thanks!

It is like a Krypton factor/ team building exercise. 14 are locked in a room, you have to find clues, solve them and find the code to escape.....very cleverly done. It is only on a few times a day and as you can imagine with only 14 participants there is no possibility that everyone can do it. Sign up early if you are interested.

It is in a little room just before Seaplex, I don't think it is marked on the deck plans.

It is like a Krypton factor/ team building exercise. 14 are locked in a room, you have to find clues, solve them and find the code to escape.....very cleverly done. It is only on a few times a day and as you can imagine with only 14 participants there is no possibility that everyone can do it. Sign up early if you are interested.

It is in a little room just before Seaplex, I don't think it is marked on the deck plans.

Where do you sign up for such things, and other activities?

TIA

Ade

Where do you sign up for such things, and other activities?

TIA

Ade

As an aside, I was talking to a friend of mine who said his friend did one in Cardiff. He said they locked them in there, and rather than do the puzzles, he took it upon himself to use his swiss army knife to take things apart in the room, like pictures off walls, furniture and that. He got a bill ...

Thanks! That sounds a lot of fun, will definitely look out to sign up for that early on our cruise. Is that done at Seaplex or at a guess Services? Also is it open to all ages? My son 14 and I would probably like to do it!

Just done a test in the solarium.

8a8ce236ef206585d8e6949fd33f04af.jpg

I find it hard to believe these figures as it is pretty fast for me. No problems opening and replying to these posts for example...

We've cruised on Anthem twice and the speed and signal has been better than I get on my BT broadband at home. I was even face timing from the North Star over the side of the ship with no freezing of signal.

Thanks! That sounds a lot of fun, will definitely look out to sign up for that early on our cruise. Is that done at Seaplex or at a guess Services? Also is it open to all ages? My son 14 and I would probably like to do it!

They say over 14s but we had 2 small kids on ours. Look out for it in the Royal iq app. As I said space is limited!

Guest services had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them [emoji848]

They say over 14s but we had 2 small kids on ours. Look out for it in the Royal iq app. As I said space is limited!

Guest services had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them [emoji848]

Thanks again for the insider tips. My lad will have just turned 14 so that works for us!

Our first cruise with RCI and using the app, look forward to playing around with it all...bit of a wait tho as our sailing isn't until Feb '17!!

Just had a fabulous 3 days aboard Ovation! What a beautiful ship and amazing crew. We have never encountered such a friendly and welcoming crew before! Every moment was a joy - so many areas to hang out in and lots of good entertainment. We are still not sure what Spectre's Caberet or the Dream was but the technical aspects and cast were fantastic!

Food was excellent, we never saw Windjammers busy at all apart from when we got on.

The Solarium was fantastic! Great being able to use the pools when it is freezing outside!

Room was excellent - very spacey, big bed that my feet didn't hang off and a lovely bathroom with powerful shower. We would certainly cruise on her again.

Having just returned on the P&O Britannia a few weeks ago and having the most horrific time my faith in cruising has been restored.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jetset763

Hi jetset.

Quantum class is something else! And glad to hear the crew have hit the ground running.

Without hijacking the thread, what was so bad on Britannia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food and service mainly, food was horrible - cold and bland with small portion sizes. Service was basically non existent - borderline rude most of the time. We are a friendly couple with good manners but it was impossible to spark up any kind of conversation!

There was little atmosphere too, not much live music around the ship made all the areas feel very cold. The few areas there was were far too small for the size of the ship. Our review is here (it's very critical lol!)

Video reviews of Ovation coming soon!

We've cruised on Anthem twice and the speed and signal has been better than I get on my BT broadband at home. I was even face timing from the North Star over the side of the ship with no freezing of signal.

The lower speed could be because Ovation is currently in the O3b limited service area. She has to get south of France before she is in the standard service area.

Food and service mainly, food was horrible - cold and bland with small portion sizes. Service was basically non existent - borderline rude most of the time. We are a friendly couple with good manners but it was impossible to spark up any kind of conversation!

There was little atmosphere too, not much live music around the ship made all the areas feel very cold. The few areas there was were far too small for the size of the ship. Our review is here (it's very critical lol!)

Video reviews of Ovation coming soon!

My first impression after seeing your video was that the ship does not look well kept for its age.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser