All Things Ovation of the Seas!

This will be our second cruise on Royal Caribbean and by far the biggest ship we have ever been on. If we like Ovation, I would not rule out a cruise on one of the Oasis class ships in the future.

Corinna

Quantum class is fantastic. Oasis class is phenomenal.

Best of both worlds? Harmony this May for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love voyager and freedom class. The have fantastic dining rooms and promenades.

The quantum class in my opinion isn't as impressive. But it's a different design ship built for different weather types. Or so they keep telling me. And they err more on the casual cruiser as opposed to the traditional x

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am under not illusion that we will be well outside our comfort zone, but I am really rather excited about this. We are seasoned cruisers, but have just jumped ship from Disney. As far as Disney is concerned, we have only ever sailed on their two smallest ships. Our first experience on Royal Caribbean was the Splendour in December, which we loved. I am so sad that this ship is about to leave the fleet. So the Ovation is as close to being double the size to what we are used as makes no difference. I have done a lot of reading up about her sister ships and there are some features that I absolutely love and others that don't do anything for me, but the same can be said about the Disney ships, too.

One thing that I am quite happy about and that kind of returns me to my comfort zone is Dynamic Dining Classic. I had a good giggle one afternoon on the Splendour when I was sitting near the Next Cruise desk reading through the ffolders with all the different itineraries. I overheard how the person at the desk was trying to explain a "new revolutionary way of dining" on the Ovation of the Seas to a couple. She explained that you have the same serving team and the same companions every night, but rotate through 4 different restaurants. I quietly thought to myself that Disney has been doing this since 1998. The only differences are that they have 3 restaurants rather than 4 and that they call it rotational dining. When we originally booked our Ovation cruise, the only options was Dynamic Dining Choice. I was so pleased when I was able to change to Dynamic Dining Classic about a month later.

Quantum class is fantastic. Oasis class is phenomenal.

Best of both worlds? Harmony this May for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping that this is the start of a long happy relationship with Royal Caribbean so I am sure we will get to try the Oasis class before too long.

Corinna

I am under not illusion that we will be well outside our comfort zone, but I am really rather excited about this. We are seasoned cruisers, but have just jumped ship from Disney. As far as Disney is concerned, we have only ever sailed on their two smallest ships. Our first experience on Royal Caribbean was the Splendour in December, which we loved. I am so sad that this ship is about to leave the fleet. So the Ovation is as close to being double the size to what we are used as makes no difference. I have done a lot of reading up about her sister ships and there are some features that I absolutely love and others that don't do anything for me, but the same can be said about the Disney ships, too.

One thing that I am quite happy about and that kind of returns me to my comfort zone is Dynamic Dining Classic. I had a good giggle one afternoon on the Splendour when I was sitting near the Next Cruise desk reading through the ffolders with all the different itineraries. I overheard how the person at the desk was trying to explain a "new revolutionary way of dining" on the Ovation of the Seas to a couple. She explained that you have the same serving team and the same companions every night, but rotate through 4 different restaurants. I quietly thought to myself that Disney has been doing this since 1998. The only differences are that they have 3 restaurants rather than 4 and that they call it rotational dining. When we originally booked our Ovation cruise, the only options was Dynamic Dining Choice. I was so pleased when I was able to change to Dynamic Dining Classic about a month later.

I am hoping that this is the start of a long happy relationship with Royal Caribbean so I am sure we will get to try the Oasis class before too long.

Corinna

That's really cool. I hope you enjoy your cruise and yes, I love the dynamic classic, which they only introduced on our first anthem cruise.

I love having the same waiters and table mates :)

Hi, we were on the Allure last year transatlantic, and it was our favourite ship, Captain Johnny, the best ever and his enthusiasm and friendliness was evidenced throughout the rest of the staff.

Just a wonderful ship.

Have 8 days to see what the Ovation is like, - does anybody know.. On the back to back, do we alight the ship and have to go through all the formalities again - we have a change of cabin so know we will have to pack and leave the cabin?

Thanks for any help

Hi, we were on the Allure last year transatlantic, and it was our favourite ship, Captain Johnny, the best ever and his enthusiasm and friendliness was evidenced throughout the rest of the staff.

Just a wonderful ship.

Have 8 days to see what the Ovation is like, - does anybody know.. On the back to back, do we alight the ship and have to go through all the formalities again - we have a change of cabin so know we will have to pack and leave the cabin?

Thanks for any help

You're going on the 14th then ?

CeGLT2XXIAAaCdJ.jpg:large

I posted in the other Ovation thread too, but just in case, i thought i would post here. Looks like we got some water slides.

pic via twitter -

That looks to me as if it's in the kids area (similar set up as the new kids area on Liberty) - rather than full on, adult water slides. Great if you've got kids...

Would be great if they added water slides for the grown-up kids too! :D

... Have 8 days to see what the Ovation is like, - does anybody know.. On the back to back, do we alight the ship and have to go through all the formalities again - we have a change of cabin so know we will have to pack and leave the cabin?

Thanks for any help

Depends on the ship and port regulations, so without any history, it's hard to say.

No Bob it's not ......

From the point of view of the port, there is no issue. We have done a back to back out of Southampton on NCL before and just had to guest services after breakfast to get our new cards. Then we were free to enjoy the ship.

Corinna

Thank-you both.:)