Just off the Getaway May 16-23 Haven H4. Any Questions????

pboxfun

I'll be doing a longer full review of my trip later in a new post. Until then I'll be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has about the ship and haven. We pretty much did everything you can think of on the ship. Also we had the UBP & UDP (went to all the specialty restaurants and the new illusionarium show).

My girls are keenly interested in snacks they can request in the Haven. Did you partake in the snack offering? If so, what did you ask for? Did you order drinks from the Haven bartender? Any issues with getting drinks (girls can have snacks - for me, bring on the UBP :-) ). Thanks for offering to respond to questions. A week from today will be my turn on the Getaway Haven.

What is the Haven restaurant like? Did you eat there often?

Did you use the Butler services very much?

The Haven restaurant is very nice. All the people who work there really go over the top for you. If something isn't on the menu that you want like a basket of onion rings they'll find it and get it for you. We ate at the haven for breakfast and lunch pretty much everyday. Never did make it there for dinner :( Also the haven lounge where the bar is has its own separate lunch menu and in the evening you can get appetizers there as well.

Yes, we did use the butler often. Most of the time it was for room service. One night we had dinner in our room and had him bring us dinners from 3 different specialty restaurants. Everything was free of course since we had the UDP. Also a few nights nights we had the night butler bring us room service and pizza. Pizza was also free since the butler got it for us.

My girls are keenly interested in snacks they can request in the Haven. Did you partake in the snack offering? If so, what did you ask for? Did you order drinks from the Haven bartender? Any issues with getting drinks (girls can have snacks - for me, bring on the UBP :-) ). Thanks for offering to respond to questions. A week from today will be my turn on the Getaway Haven.

Every afternoon around 3:00pm the butler would bring sacks and different horderves. On the second day my girlfriend was talking to the butler and told him how much she likes cookies and chocolate strawberries. Everyday after that there were cookies and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for her in our room. So I think your girls will be very pleased with the snacks. As for the drinks we never asked our butler to get us anything. We were right by the heaven bar so it was just quicker for us to walk a few feet and get it ourselves. lol Your family is going to love it there. They treat you like royalty in the heaven. This cruise was one of the best cruises I've even been on.

The Haven restaurant is very nice. All the people who work there really go over the top for you. If something isn't on the menu that you want like a basket of onion rings they'll find it and get it for you. We ate at the haven for breakfast and lunch pretty much everyday. Never did make it there for dinner :( Also the haven lounge where the bar is has its own separate lunch menu and in the evening you can get appetizers there as well.

Yes, we did use the butler often. Most of the time it was for room service. One night we had dinner in our room and had him bring us dinners from 3 different specialty restaurants. Everything was free of course since we had the UDP. Also a few nights nights we had the night butler bring us room service and pizza. Pizza was also free since the butler got it for us.

Were the appetizers free at the Haven Bar? Don't have any perks so will have to pay for our drinks?

Were the appetizers free at the Haven Bar? Don't have any perks so will have to pay for our drinks?

Yes, the appetizers were free at the bar. All the food in the haven is free. Only thing you have to pay for is the alcoholic drinks and sodas. There is usually snacks you can grab outside in the haven courtyard area as well. Also during the day when you're outside by the pool or on the sun deck in the haven they bring around fresh fruit kabobs, sandwiches, and other little snacks.

Edited by pboxfun

Yes, the appetizers were free at the bar. All the food in the haven is free. Only thing you have to pay for is the alcoholic drinks and sodas. There is usually snacks you can grab outside in the haven courtyard area as well. Also during the day when you're outside by the pool or on the sun deck in the haven they bring around fresh fruit kabobs, sandwiches, and other little snacks.

Thank you! Can't wait 3 more weeks.

I was on the same sailing, forward balcony room. I was going to post the same offer, so if there is something I can help with let me know. I will do a review later, have to get settled back in a bit first. But I will say that overall it was very nice. This was my first NCL and reading the recent chatter had me a little nervous but while not perfect it was far from problematic! If you are going and nervous about some of the stuff here, stop your worrying!

Each day there is a "standard" snack that will be delivered .ranges from little sandwiches to canapés to chocolate treat . The butler will ask or you can tell him what your kids might like in addition. We always had gummy bears ( because we don't eat them at home) and chocolate chip,cookies- the butler noticed that we liked them and kept them coming. Your fruit bowl will also be replenished. If you eat a lot of grapes the butler will notice and bring extras.

My children enjoyed the surprise factor of the daily snack as well. They are teens

If you want to surprise your girls, call the pre- concierge tomorrow . You can ask for cookies or tummies to be waiting for you.

My wife and i were in cabin 16708 on the same cruise. The haven has spoiled us. No other cabin will be the same after this.

I definitely agree with you on that! You were only a couple cabins away from us. We were in 16712.

Hey, neighbor! We live in

York County-see you in the Haven in 20 days!

Will definitely have to talk. We retired to Lancaster County from northern NJ seven years ago. We will be cruising with our family. Excited also because we are doing a vow renewal for our 50th anniversary on our son's aft balcony in the Haven. We are in a Haven Spa. Been on the Breakaway two years ago and really enjoyed the spa 2 days. This cruise we can use it as often as we feel like.

Following! My fiancé and I got a Haven Spa Suite for our honeymoon 1/31/16. Can't wait!!!

-A

You will absolutely love it! We were in a Haven Spa Suite 14042 on the May 2 Getaway cruise. The Spa is FANTASTIC! We went there everyday!

Spa Suites on this ship are absolutely beautiful with lots of storage. The walk in shower is very nice and a good size. The trough sink in the bathroom is well designed. The spa tub is also nice. Be sure to get something from Carlo's Bake shop sometime during the cruise - the desserts there are out of this world great! We had 2 bday cakes from there, and both were outstanding, the second once - which came from Ocean Blue via room service was the best of the two.

The ONLY issue we had with the spa suite was one night, the seas were rolling and the closet door slammed open startling us out of our sleep. The automatic light in the closet came on when this happened and along with the loud noise it made us jump. For a second, I thought someone drunk had inadvertently gotten into our cabin. My husband jumped up to investigate and we knew what had happened immediately. LOL! We looked for a way to latch the closet door closed and didn't find anything, however, this didn't happen on any other night of the cruise.

The one thing I wish we had brought with us for this cruise would be a nightlight for the bathroom. Other than that, it's really a perfect suite in every way.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

How successful was your Haven concierge getting seats for you at the shows once on board? Any Haven seating available for shows in the atrium?

How are the key cards different from the non-Haven cards? Did you keep your card in your pocket or hung around your neck?

For breakfast did you try Cagney's and The Haven restaurant? What was the difference?

Thanks for the forthcoming replies.

Kara and Lot.

How successful was your Haven concierge getting seats for you at the shows once on board? Any Haven seating available for shows in the atrium?

How are the key cards different from the non-Haven cards? Did you keep your card in your pocket or hung around your neck?

For breakfast did you try Cagney's and The Haven restaurant? What was the difference?

Thanks for the forthcoming replies.

Kara and Lot.

The concierge was able to get us into all the shows we went to. It's really nice when you go to the theater to watch the shows because they rope off atleast 5+ rows for haven member only. This is great because the shows really do fill up and it looked like people had a hard time finding seats. All you do is show the person your key card and they let you sit anywhere you want to in the haven section. As for the atrium i'm not sure. I didn't see any haven section only sitting areas. We joked around and said we wished there was a haven only section at every venue we went to on the ship. lol

The only thing the concierge had trouble getting for us was certain times for specialty restaurants. I'm guessing this was due to the influx of people who got the UDP as a perk.

From what I saw the key cards were different from people in normal state rooms. Our key cards were white and said haven on the top of them. I carried mine in my pocket the whole time. But a lot of people on the ship had them around their neck.

As for the breakfast it was only available in the haven restaurant. If the ship doesn't have a haven restaurant then it's usually in cagneys or some other specialty restaurant. The last suite I was in was on the Dawn and that ship doesn't have a haven, so we had breakfast at cagneys. Also the breakfast menu was pretty much the same the between the two ships.

I'll be doing a longer full review of my trip later in a new post. Until then I'll be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has about the ship and haven. We pretty much did everything you can think of on the ship. Also we had the UBP & UDP (went to all the specialty restaurants and the new illusionarium show).

We are sailing in September and I was wondering if anyone knows what time the rooms are normally available in the Haven? Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thank You for the info. Is bottled water included in Haven? I know the UBP does not include it.

I am Thinking about surprising my family with a upgrade to Haven. We have never stayed in a suite only minisuites but its my 45th birthday and well I want to. I have never been able to keep a secret but I want to.

Tried to kill the spider on my screen and realized it was part of your signature. Too funny.

Curious what time you arrived, boarded the ship and how long did you wait until your cabin was ready? Thank you!!::)

We arrived at the port of Miami around 10:30. We were on the ship around 11:30. As soon as we got to the Haven our cabin was ready. But this might not have been the same with other rooms.

We are sailing in September and I was wondering if anyone knows what time the rooms are normally available in the Haven? Any help greatly appreciated!!

As soon as we got to the Haven our cabin was ready. But this might not have been the same with other rooms.